Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding (4778 Views)

Similarity Between Bini And Igbo / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by babygirl22(f): 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
dated for abt 2 yrs plus he has proposed and all, his parents are cool with us getting married but my folks are not cool with it i really love dis guy and he loves me too am just so confused i dnt no wat 2 do, am a christian thou,
cant get married without my parents blessings want dem to support me and all
Re: Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by ikenwan: 12:39am On Jul 23, 2010
This may be the first time I've ever heard of an Hausa and an Igbo woman in a relationship. Your parents are from the South? I would not be surprised, the Igbo have not forgotten the tragedies of Biafra. My apologies. Hope everything works out.
Re: Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by Abagworo(m): 12:51am On Jul 23, 2010
ikenwan:

This may be the first time I've ever heard of an Hausa and an Igbo woman in a relationship. Your parents are from the South? I would not be surprised, the Igbo have not forgotten the tragedies of Biafra. My apologies. Hope everything works out.

you must be an ancient man.me dated 3 hausa ladies(confirmed).the ones with problems are their moslems.one even had an igbo mother.ibb(gwari) is married to marian(igbo).so i dont get your point.my sister just try to let your parents know his positive qualities and they might have a change of heart.
Re: Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by babygirl22(f): 12:57am On Jul 23, 2010
ikenwan:

u dint read it properly hausa chick and igbo dude, am a christian as well not a muslim

1 Like

Re: Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by ikenwan: 2:31am On Jul 23, 2010
You're right. I read it wrong. Abagworo, my understanding has always been that older Igbo living outside Nigeria may be less forgiving than those who currently live there. In her case, it's the older Hausa. It could be because she's the daughter, and likewise, the fiance's parents acceptance may be because he is their son. In which case, your parents (babygirl22) may be reluctant because they are afraid of losing you.
Re: Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by Hauwa1: 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2010
try talking with your mom. make sure they have met him and get to know him.
with great personality, and you know kudi, maybe everything will be cool cheesy

girl, follow your zuchia fa.
Re: Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by Spyker: 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2010
It is this very reason that we don't see ourselves as one. Why should tribe be a hindrance to ones marriage in this 21st century.
Re: Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by babygirl22(f): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2010
my mum doesnt even wanna hear she keeps saying am d only girl and she dont want me far away, my dad not even sayin anything, as for my brothers dey r cool as long as am happy, she has even warned mi not to get pregnant dat it wnt make her change her mind ,
Re: Hausa Girl And Igbo Dude Wedding by udezue(m): 6:19am On Jul 25, 2010
Oh well. Follow ur heart.

BTW!!! Gwari ppl are not Hausa.

(1) (Reply)

EDIBLE SEA SALT / KEAGBOREKUZI I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World / Ela In Creation Myth Of Yoruba As The First Word Spoken By Eledumare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.