Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland (2118 Views)

Jim Iyke, Sammy Okposo Support The Nigerian Army In Abuja (photos) / Dr Sid Wore A Kilt To A Wedding In Scotland (photos) / Who Is Hotter ? Midnight Crew Or Sammie Okposo ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland by shadrach77: 12:13am On Jul 23, 2010
Why Sammie Okposo Was Arrested In Scotland
print
Author: Date: Jul 22nd, 2010. | Category: Entertainment, Music, News, Nigerian Music, Politics, Today's Headlines. | Follow comments: RSS 2.0. | You can leave a response below. |
Nigerian gospel singer and Glo ambassador, Sammie Okposo, has described his arrest in Aberdeen, Scotland during his honeymoon as an unfortunate incident, claiming that he was a victim of circumstance.

•Sammie Okposo

The multiple award-winning singer reiterated that he was surprised with the manner at which the Scottish Police handled the minor issue that should have been resolved amicably.

Explaining how the whole scenario happened, the Welu-Welu crooner’s Publicists, Media & Marketing Experts, MME, said “Sammie and his newly wedded wife, Ozioma in the company of their friends, Mr. and Mrs. Efemua, also Nigerians, had gone to a restaurant known as Jimmy Chung’s on Aberdeen’s Beach Esplanade to attend to their noisy stomach. They arrived at the restaurant at exactly 4.30pm but they were not aware that lunch time closes by 5pm. One of the attendants announced to them few minutes later that they have to rush their food and leave the restaurant before 5pm or else they will be charged for both lunch and dinner. At this point, Sammie was already dishing the food while the rest were sorting out where they would sit.

“The statement immediately resulted in a mild argument. They questioned the attendant why she had not informed them when they arrived; probably they would have waited till 5pm before they settle down in the restaurant. The argument attracted the attention of the manager of the restaurant identified as Ronny Shui Hung Yung who aggravated the issue the more and another lady went ahead to drag Sammie’s shirt and ordered him to stop dishing the food.

“But Sammie took it easy and told her politely that she shouldn’t have pulled his shirt. At this point, the manager of the restaurant was already harassing Sammie’s wife and pregnant wife of his friend, Eloho Efemua who happens to be the younger sister of popular Nigerian actor, Fred Amata.”

P. M NEWS gathered that when Sammie turned back after the violent attendant pulled his shirt, he realised that the manager was harassing his wife and Eloho, he immediately warned him to desist from the act.

“But when the manager didn’t stop, Sammie who was very shocked and displeased told the manager that he should make sure his fingers doesn’t touch his wife and that if he is tired of running this kind of restaurant, he should return to his country.

“Immediately Sammie made this statement, the manager wrote down Sammie’s friend car plate number and called the police to report a racial statement being made against him. Having realsed he had called the police, Sammie urged his wife including the other couple that they should wait for the police arrival and thrash out the issue once and for all,” MME explained.

Meanwhile, when the police arrived about 30 minutes later, it was gathered that they didn’t ask the Nigerian couples any question before taking them to the police station.

Speaking for the first time on the incident, Sammie Okposo who is now in Lagos, Nigeria said: “It is true they took us to their police station without listening to our own side of the story, but we played along with them as a good and law abiding citizens of Nigeria. After the court in Aberdeen did a thorough check on me on all the countries I have visited, they said my record is clean and impeccable. I was released the next day without making any official statement.

“But if the manager of the restaurant presses the issue further and it results in a court case, my lawyer in Scotland, Michael Munro will handle it. I don’t regret my actions for speaking up against bad and rude behaviours from the staff of Jimmy Chung Restaurant and defending my wife as a true African man.”

In her own words, the new bride of Okposo, Ozioma, said: “We could have afforded to go to anywhere in the world for our honeymoon, but we chose to visit Aberdeen because of all the good things we had heard. We have been emotional, mentally, financially, and physically drained on this trip, which brings us to one conclusion that going to Aberdeen for our honeymoon was the biggest mistake we ever make in our marriage.”

—Bayo Adetu
Re: Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland by ice234: 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
chineke oh. hope this a lie
Re: Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2010
shadrach77:

In her own words, the new bride of Okposo, Ozioma, said: “We could have afforded to go to anywhere in the world for our honeymoon, but we chose to visit Aberdeen because of all the good things we had heard. We have been emotional, mentally, financially, and physically drained on this trip, which brings us to one conclusion that going to Aberdeen for our honeymoon was the biggest mistake we ever make in our marriage.”

—Bayo Adetu

Who cares?
Re: Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland by olagentle: 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2010
I think this funny guy called himself A gospel singer why on earth would he caome all the way from Nigeria to fight on his honeymoon in UK. I dont get it, what ever Nigeria media say it's rubbish to me. Celebrities are role model, and this is UK not lawless Nigeria were you can alter words any how, "do you know who are I am", "we shall see" or "I will show you" is a threat and a big offence in UK, but in Nigeria every body say it, politician, business man etc.
I lived in Aberdeen (Scotland) for 4yrs before moving to another location and I have enjoyed their friendship and warm attitude.
If Sammie Okposo want to enjoy his honeymoon he should have prepare to spend money even if the resturant owner said they should rush their food and leave or he would have to pay for both lunch & dinner, he should have behave livea gentle man and asked to speak to the manager directly or get out of chines resurant straight away and look for another place to eat, simple. now he has disgrace himself just because of £5 per plate, would he have settle for a £5 /N1,250 dish in Nigeria? may be no. lets respect our self any were we go, stop fighting on honeymoon or else you'll get criminal record in UK, !!
Re: Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland by umkowarri: 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2010
all of you that have commented here are just rumour mongers and haters what is ur business whatever restaurant sammy okposo chooses to take his bride to and if he chooses to spend 5pounds or 50 pounds on a plate of food how does it affect ur life secondly to you who said he fought in a restaurant were you there i read the defencive account of the chinese restaurant manager in the nigerian punch newspaper and he didn,t even say there was a phisical fight and i was at the restaurant on the day also so where did you get your baseful and factless story from olagentle to you ice234 u are heartless and you will get whats coming to you olagentle watch ur mouth and stop talking about stuff u know nothing about
Re: Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland by Skidoc(m): 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2010
shadrach77:

Yeah right! No wonder you chose an "all you can eat for £5" restaurant and you couldn't even afford to pay for lunch and dinner but resorted to fighting. Hahaha!
Re: Sammie Okposo Arrested In Scotland by mamagee3(f): 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
Yeah right!

This is ridiculous, like seriously who cares?

This is stale as heck!

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses / Why I’m Not Married At 46–blackky / TV Star Frank Edoho Re-marries…[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.