Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California (824 Views)

Charles Okocha Undergoes A Surgery In California, Shares Photos, Video / Genevieve Nnaji Pictured At DreamWorks Studio In California / Mompha Welcomes Newborn Baby Girl In California (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2018
The deadly wildfires ripping through California have forced hundreds of thousands of residents to evacuate, including some celebrities whose homes have been lost to the blazes.

Neil Young, Robin Thicke and Gerard Butler are among those whose houses were ravaged by the Woolsey fire raging north of Los Angeles in Southern California, according to the entertainers' respective online posts. Butler posted a photo on Twitter of the charred remains of his Malibu home and thanked firefighters for their courage.

In a post on his official website decrying the impact of climate change, Young said "I have lost my home before to a California wildfire, now another." The Woolsey fire is one of three major blazes burning across California. As of Sunday night, the fire had spread to 85,500 acres and was 15% contained.

Together with the smaller Hill fire, which spans 4,531 acres, the Woolsey fire has so far destroyed 179 structures, but fire officials say another 57,000 are threatened. The Hill fire was 75% contained as of Sunday night.

The third fire, Northern California's Camp fire, is the most destructive in state history and one of the deadliest. That blaze virtually burned the town of Paradise to the ground, destroying thousands of homes and structures. Some 228 people are unaccounted for.
At least 31 people have died in the fires: 29 in the Camp fire and two in the Woolsey fire.

Unfavourable conditions are expected to persist into Monday, threatening new flare-ups that could reach beyond containment lines, Osby said.

Culled: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/12/us/california-wildfires-woolsey-neil-young-celebrities/index.html smiley

1 Like

Re: Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California by bedspread: 11:23am On Nov 12, 2018
Disasters and Perilous times are not Respecter of Persons

1 Like

Re: Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
bedspread:
Disasters and Perilous times are not Respecter of Persons
True that.
I heard today Miley Cyrus and Caithlyn Jenner also lost their homes.
Re: Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California by bedspread: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

True that.
yeah!

Lots of houses were burnt! A part of Kim kadarshian and Jayne west Home was partly affected
Re: Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California by Babacele: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
vivaciousvivi:

True that.
Hi Vivy, hope you are good?
Re: Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
Babacele:
Hi Vivy, hope you are good?
Hi! Yes I am.
Thanks.
I have been a bit too busy for NL these days.
Work and business taking off smiley
Hope you are good too?
Cheers friend
Re: Neil Young, Gerard Butler, Robin Thicke Among Those To Lose Homes In California by Babacele: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2019
vivaciousvivi:

Hi! Yes I am.
Thanks.
I have been a bit too busy for NL these days.
Work and business taking off smiley
Hope you are good too?
Cheers friend
great to know. missed you ,n decided to drop that . No forget your guy as the milli and billi are rolling in ooo.

(1) (Reply)

Davido Leaks Chat Of Troll On Instagram / There Is Something About This Picture Of Mr Eazi And Olamideā€¦ Can You See It?! / Only Boys! Proud Mum Shows Off Her Cute 6 Sons (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.