Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,216 members, 7,842,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Negative Side Of Nigerian Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Negative Side Of Nigerian Food (906 Views)

Monopoly Products In The Nigerian Food Market / Nigerian Food (Pictures Only) / Nigerian Food One Can Eat To Add Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Negative Side Of Nigerian Food by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 23, 2010
There's only one con in my eyes, and I'm pretty sure most of you agree with me to some extent,

OUR FOOD DEY TAKE TOO LONG!!!!!

I'm so hungry right now but what can I fix that will be ready within 15 minutes?!?! I want a BUFFET of Nigerian food. Ofe egusi, ogbono, onugbu, okra, oha, banga, jollof rice, moin moin, a taste of it all,  hunger and the food section on Nairaland are like Angel and Satan; they no mix.

The reason why this isn't entirely negative is because our food is an art. Cooking is a work in progress. It's not like oyibo food wear you whip out a box and water, pour it into a bowl, microwave and the meal is served. There is something about having to soak dry fish and meats,  the smell it produces alone, mmm. Then, approximately 2 hours later, after all the ingredients have been added, you have in front of you a large, hot pot of soup or stew, ready for eating. Simply divine,  I wish I can make something in 5 minutes though. Would be nice every once in a while smiley
Re: Negative Side Of Nigerian Food by tpiah: 4:18am On Jul 23, 2010
calorie count and trans saturated fat

not a problem in nigeria for the most part, but a huge problem overseas.
Re: Negative Side Of Nigerian Food by oyinda3(f): 4:22am On Jul 23, 2010
yea i agree with u. simple dishes r limited. that's good and bad at the same time.
good because most foods r fresh (non processed) but bad since most foods r cooked for long periods. loss of nutrients.
Re: Negative Side Of Nigerian Food by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 23, 2010
Exactly tpiah. I huge deal here on the West as we don't move much lol.

Oyinda, what I've learned from my mother is to add vegetables like spinach or okra, whichever I'm using for the soup, at the very end. They still have a crunch to them but the nutrients are still there, until you warm it the next day lol.
Re: Negative Side Of Nigerian Food by oyinda3(f): 6:39am On Jul 23, 2010
^ that's a nice tip.
adding it at the end and not cooking it for long.
Re: Negative Side Of Nigerian Food by yme1(f): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2010
@poster
am guessing you haven't heard of "accident food"? grin
Re: Negative Side Of Nigerian Food by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
Lol, "accident food" scares me. I'm not that bold when it comes to trying out different things lol.

(1) (Reply)

Baby Food / Browish Pounded Yam / I Can Give U A Nice 'asun' For Ur Wedding And Type Of Occasiöns Any Where

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.