Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,045 members, 7,956,892 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? (744 Views)

Please I Need A Job Be It Per Time, Full Time Or Remote. / You Don't Need A Job, Be A Job Giver, Be Skillful With This 3 Major Career Skill / I Need A Job: Be A Source Of Blessing To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
I just stepped out of an office that held an interview some hours ago. I am worried about the terms and conditions

After a few minutes of chit chat (which seemed more like talk fast let us go) between me and the HR, she gave a breakdown of what the job is about.

Social Media manager
1. They train you for 6 weeks- mostly 3 times a week. It could be more

2. If you do well at the training you get an automatic job as a social media manager with a salary of #150,000

3. The training costs #250,000 ; hence, when you get the job, you pay back the #250,000 by installments (within 4 months if you have no issues)

Take note:
• There is no allowance during this training (I had to ask about this). So you bear the cost of transportation. For me, it will cost me about #800- #1000 daily (all things being equal).

On my way out, i realised i did not ask one more question.

How do they Intend to retreive the #250,000 supposing i dont get the Job in the long run?

What do you think about this?
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by thesicilian: 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
How much are you currently earning per month?
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2018
thesicilian:
How much are you currently earning per month?

#0.00
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by leonard002(m): 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
If you're not working yet, go for it
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
leonard002:
If you're not working yet, go for it

Hmmm...okay
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by yomi007k(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
I hope they have a good reputation or you know someone who has got a similar job.

If not, it is risky to drop 250k and then be told you are not qualified at the end of the day.

Nigerians can capitalize on despiration.

Or let them train you for free and then start you on some lesser salary while they deduct the 250k.

1 Like

Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
yomi007k:
I hope they have a good reputation or you know someone who has got a similar job.

If not, it is risky to drop 250k and then be told you are not qualified at the end of the day.

Nigerians can capitalize on despiration.

Or let them train you for free and then start you on some lesser salary while they deduct the 250k.

I explained that already, they will deduct the 250k when you get the job. You pay within 4 months
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by thesicilian: 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
Maychang:

#0.00
What I mean is, if you're not currently earning something better, you don't have much of a choice than to take up the appointment if offered. Until something better comes along. Your power of negotiation for usually improves when you already have something else at hand.

1 Like

Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by yomi007k(m): 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
Maychang:

I explained that already, they will deduct the 250k when you get the job. You pay within 4 months

OK... What happens if you don't?
Pay the 250k back right?
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2018
yomi007k:

OK... What happens if you don't?
Pay the 250k back right?

That was my thought too.. but i did not get to ask
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by Kwenty: 8:43am On Nov 13, 2018
A whopping 250k for training to do their job? That amount is big o. Are you sure of that company and their reputation? Research well before taking up their job, so they don't use you and dump you after they finish deducting their 250k.
Re: Would This Job Be Worth It In The Long Run? How Fair Is This? by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2018
Kwenty:
A whopping 250k for training to do their job? That amount is big o. Are you sure of that company and their reputation? Research well before taking up their job, so they don't use you and dump you after they finish deducting their 250k.

Yes ooo

(1) (Reply)

International School Vacancy. / African Development Bank Group (afdb) Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Urgent!!! Vacancy For ICT Support Staff In Maryland, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.