Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday (6722 Views)

We Won’t Accept Percentage Salaries Again — Ondo Workers Tell Akeredolu / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina / Ondo Workers, Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of Allowances (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by WisdomFlakes: 3:57am On Nov 13, 2018
Peter Dada, Akure

The organised labour unions in Ondo State have threatened to commence strike on Tuesday (tomorrow) if the government failed to pay the backlog of their salary arrears.

The workers asked Governor Rotimi Akeredolu to pay the backlog from the N20bn Paris Club refund the state received from the Federal Government recently.

This was contained in a letter to the governor dated November 9, 2018. The letter was signed by state chairmen of the Nigeria Labour Congress, the Trade Union Congress and the Joint Negotiating Council, Tayo Ogunleye; Soladoye Ekundayo and Abel Oloniyo, respectively.

The workers accused the governor of not consulting the labour unions on the release of the Paris Club refund to the state as both parties had earlier agreed.

According to the workers, industrial peace in the state might not be guaranteed if the government failed to pay the outstanding salaries on Tuesday as they threatened to resume the strike suspended on June 2016 in the state.

The letter read in part, “We want to draw the attention of His Excellency to the recommendations of a committee on payment of six months arrears of salary to Ondo State workers set up by the state government that was submitted to Your Excellency in May 2017.

“We also hold that the said agreement subsists between labour and the government of Ondo State irrespective of who mounts the mantle of leadership particularly when the state Head of Service remains the signatory to both the agreement and the committee report.

“In view of the above, we call on the government to please pay in line with our agreement as analysed in our letter under reference on or before 12 noon Tuesday, November 13, 2018. “

The state Commissioner for Information, Mr Yemi Olowolabi, said the matter would be resolved.

https://punchng.com/salary-ondo-workers-threaten-to-begin-strike-on-tuesday/

1 Like

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by mralex90: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2018
let them start oo

2 Likes

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2018
The workers accused the governor of not consulting the labour unions on the release of the Paris Club refund to the state as both parties had earlier agreed

The governor should do the needful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by idrisalomagold(m): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2018
Oh my state!
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by CarGuidNG: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2018
Things need to change
VIN Checks and reports for car buyers in signature

1 Like

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Lucifer66(m): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2018
There is no such thing as salary in Nigeria.
Rubbish nation
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by demoBaba: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2018
Vg
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Olamsoh: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2018
These are facts:

Under this government, Nigeria's economy has shrunk.

Under this government, unemployment has doubled from 9.9% in mid 2015 to 18.8% in Q3 2017. Since then, no more unemployment reports.

They will try to distract you, but eye on the ball. We are worse off.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by kingchris30(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2018
why is everybody just going on strike, even my gf just told me she need a break

2 Likes

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Ahmed0336(m): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2018
kingchris30:
why is everybody just going on strike, even my gf just told me she need a break
better approve that strike cos Christmas is around the corner. If you know you know grin

Back to the topic. Most naija governors don't have the fear of God and love for the masses at heart.

5 Likes

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Sholaco: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2018
Let them start.....ondo state governor is such an irresponsible old man,useless and pathetic senior advocate of Nigeria. Hypocrisy fool, i wonder how he got that title of SAN.....who s he advocating for

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2018
I don't know understand these governors anymore o, are they dull? Ondo state with timber, bitterkola, kolanut, plantain, bitumen, palm oil, palm kernel etc can't pay salary
Same with Oyo state. Cashew nut, soybeans, cassava, etc...
Wetin dey happen self??

4 Likes

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Bossontop(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2018
undecided
Abeg pesin fit explain give why after pesin don sweat work finish ehn, for pesin to pay d pesin go become wahala ehn.......becos pesin like me i no fit understand dis nonsense

[img]https://media1./images/91edcc2102449b9b9aa1d0fa98758869/tenor.gif?itemid=11231444[/img]

1 Like

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by sureheaven(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2018
Do we have a thinking, reasonable and responsible governor in ondo state?
The answer is NO.

Akeredolu with his white beard that looks like what is used to clear cobwebs is as useless as a used menstrual pad. cool

He has shielding former Governor mimiko from his files being opened.
Ibadan has two governors, this good for nothing travels to Ibadan everyday.

They shld be begin the strike very very quickly.

3 Likes

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 13, 2018
luxy44:
I don't know understand these governors anymore o, are they dull? Ondo state with timber, bitterkola, kolanut, plantain, bitumen, palm oil, palm kernel etc can't pay salary
Same with Oyo state. Cashew nut, soybeans, cassava, etc...
Wetin dey happen self??
what will you say about kogi state with the youngest and useless governor in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by collinsprince: 9:45am On Nov 13, 2018
idrisalomagold:
Oh my state!
enjoy your change
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by SirLakes: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2018
Lol grin
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2018
The era of strike undecided undecided
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by AdewunmiFunmi: 9:49am On Nov 13, 2018
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu is one of the fastest paying of workers salary in Nigeria, he will definitely do the needful.
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2018
Oma307:

what will you say about kogi state with the youngest and useless governor in Nigeria

Bro...no remind of that one! I don't want to have a bad day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by ajayiopy: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2018
ENJOY YOUR CHANGE YOU VOTED FOR
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by marv1: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2018
Oma307:

Both are as useless as nothing.
I wonder that man got his SAN. This is the exact reason why some people believe that awarding SAN to somebody has been politicised and also moneytised.
This Akeredolu is nothing but a complete failure. Two months into his tenure when he was criticizing Magu asking FG to drop him for not being confirmed by the Senate that was when I knew this man is nothing but a BIG failure and disappointment to Ondo state.
He has nothing good to offer. APC must surely change him when the time comes the way they change Ambode of Lagos
Akeredolu and Yaya Bello are nothing but thieves and greedy men that should not be given second chance..
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by TheKingIsHere: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2018
grin

Since na APC state, the Governor is a saint and can do no wrong for oweing worker's salaries
Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Georgry(m): 11:09am On Nov 13, 2018
You guys shouting enjoy your change should remember that ondo state is one of the few state who don't vote for a party but the candidate himself, remember the case of governor mimiko who won with the labour party and how this very governor fail massively the very first time he ran for the position when Mr Tinubu wanted to impose him on us as usual, that said this man knows nothing about politics and is as useless as nothing, I went to Akure a week ago and the only change there was the new bill boards he commissioned, I ask one of my friends why nothing have changed and I heard the greatest shock of my life "mimiko as done it all" that's according to the governor, if you doubt me travel to Akure or owo you will be amazed, and finally the man killed our education system, the school fees for Rufus giwa polytechnic was almost tripled while many final year students in Adekunle Ajashin University have to drop out of school last year because of the sudden increment in school fees I head from about 40 something thousand years ago to about one hundred and something thousand, what more can I say? They don't really care about us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2018
why can't police, army and other armed forces go on strike for two weeks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Task FG To Beef Up Security, Commiserate With Fasoranti / Judiciary Under My Watch Won’t Be A Tool, CJN Vows / Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.