Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,494 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Usage of sirs/ma's In a chat; A respectful or a mockery act? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Usage of sirs/ma's In a chat; A respectful or a mockery act? (870 Views)

Good Afternoon Sirs / Why Are Yorubas So Respectful / Spiritual Usage Of Bitter Kola People Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usage of sirs/ma's In a chat; A respectful or a mockery act? by Dogshow(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2018
Pleasant morning y'all.

I witnessed these acts virtually everyday when chatting with people most especially the girls on my TL. And to make it worse, the girls use it most often even though we are both classmates. Then, I start wondering, is it a form of respect or a mockery act?

Any small thing like this "how are you sir"? and et cetera. Sometimes it got so annoying to me that I 'd to change it for some of them. Am not saying it's not good to show people's respect but too much of a thing is bad.

Moreover, i believe since, you guys are agemates, classmates, neighbours or fellowship mates, there should be a free flow of expression.

I'd prefer the tone of a" bro" or a "miss"as compared to the " sirs/ma'am"

Please guys, how do you cope with this or am I the only one being confronted with such?.

Thanks.

Cc lalasticlala

Cc fynestboi.
Re: Usage of sirs/ma's In a chat; A respectful or a mockery act? by Nltaliban(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2018
H
Re: Usage of sirs/ma's In a chat; A respectful or a mockery act? by Alepa(m): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2018
Dogshow:
Pleasant morning y'all.

I witnessed these acts virtually everyday when chatting with people most especially the girls on my TL. And to make it worse, the girls use it most often even though we are both classmates. Then, I start wondering, is it a form of respect or a mockery act?

Any small thing like this "how are you sir"? and et cetera. Sometimes it got so annoying to me that I 'd to change it for some of them. Am not saying it's not good to show people's respect but too much of a thing is bad.

Moreover, i believe since, you guys are agemates, classmates, neighbours or fellowship mates, there should be a free flow of expression.

I'd prefer the tone of a" bro" or a "miss"as compared to the " sirs/ma'am"

Please guys, how do you cope with this or am I the only one being confronted with such?.

Thanks.

Cc lalasticlala

Cc fynestboi.
You have problem

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Nigeria Mistrust The Igbos? / Ondo Kingmaker Slumps, Dies While Selecting Oba / Traditional Marriage In Calabar Of Mr Peter Friday And Mrs. Glory Etim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.