Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,771 members, 7,813,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Modric: Madrid Going For Fourth Straight UCL - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Modric: Madrid Going For Fourth Straight UCL (253 Views)

Lionel Messi! Inter Miami Superstar Scores For Fourth Straight Game / Coronavirus: Paulo Dybala Tests Positive For Fourth Time In Six Weeks / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modric: Madrid Going For Fourth Straight UCL by Rico96(m): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Goal 50 winner Modric: Real Madrid going for fourth straight Champions League triumph

The 33-year-old was proud to end Ronaldo and Messi’s recent duopoly on the Goal 50 trophy and is confident of Real having a great season
Luka Modric has spoken of his delight after winning the 2018 Goal 50 – awarded to the world's best player of the last 12 months – and says that Real Madrid are gunning for a fourth straight Champions League trophy, despite their poor start to the season.

The Croatian metronome enjoyed the best year of his brilliant career in 2018 , lifting the Champions League with his club and leading his country to the final of the World Cup in Russia.
This saw him pick up a host of individual prizes, including the FIFA World Cup Golden Ball, The Best FIFA Men’s Player of 2018 and UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award.

Modric has now added the Goal 50 trophy to his growing collection of individual honours after finishing above last year’s winner, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah, who finished second and third, respectively.
In doing so, Modric ended Ronaldo and Lionel Messi’s recent duopoly of the prize, with the Portuguese and the Argentine having claimed every Goal 50 trophy since Wesley Sneijder triumphed way back in 2010.

"I am very happy to receive this award,” Modric told Goal .

“I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. It is an honour to receive it, and to follow in the footsteps of these two great players.
“Winning after these two makes me very happy. It is an honour for me.”

A good season would surely entail winning yet another Champions League. Madrid have lifted the last three editions of club football’s biggest trophy – and four of the last five –and Modric believes that the Blancos can retain their title.

http://m.goal.com/x/en/news/2466/goal-50/2018/11/13/49329382/goal-50-winner-modric-real-madrid-going-for-fourth-straight
Re: Modric: Madrid Going For Fourth Straight UCL by prince2much(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2018
tongue
Re: Modric: Madrid Going For Fourth Straight UCL by obonujoker(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
With Bale
Re: Modric: Madrid Going For Fourth Straight UCL by Rico96(m): 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
if he can will ballor dor by next month ...he will be the first Player to win World Cup Ball, UEFA player of the Year and FIFA best..... in the same year..... yes Real can do it again ..... hala Madrid

(1) (Reply)

LMC Postpones 2018/19 NPFL Kick Off Indefinitely / EPL Match Preview: Manchester United Vs Crystal Palace / POTW: Dodi Lukebakio - Made A Basket Of Neuer With Hat-trick At Allianz Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.