Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari (611 Views)

I’m Committed To PDP, Its Candidates’ Victories At The Polls - Pat Asadu / Imo Attack: Such Attitude Can Lead To Insurgency, Says Lawan / How Sex Fuels Boko Haram Insurgency By Yusuf Abubakar Mahmud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Mysteryque: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
The Federal Government, on Tuesday, reaffirmed its commitment to ending Boko Haram insurgency, saying it would ensure that the menace was completely eliminated.

President Muhammadu Buhari stated this at the opening of the International Conference on insurgency in Kano.

Buhari, who was represented by the Minister of Interior, Lt.-Gen. Abdurrahman Dambazau (retd), said the government was determined to end the sufferings of victims of insurgency, especially in the North-East worst affected.

The conference was organised by the Centre for Islamic Civilisation and Interfaith Dialogue, Bayero University, Kano, in collaboration with Information Institute of Islamic Thought, Nigeria Office and Kano State Government.

According to him, the Federal Government will do everything possible to ensure that victims of the attacks return to their respective towns and villages to enable them continue with normal life.

He noted that the activities of Boko Haram insurgents had led to destruction of schools, worship places and other public structures, and stressed the need for concerted effort to rebuild the places.

“We must continue to support our youths to make sure that lack of employment does not create problems to our country again.

“We must also strengthen our various institutions so as to guide our youths to be self-reliant and be able to contribute their quota toward the development of the country,” he said.

Buhari commended Kano, Borno, Yobe and other states which had taken the pain in taking care of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in their respective states.

He also commended the effort of civil society organisations and other bodies that had been working to alleviate the sufferings of the IDPs in the affected states.

“Government also wishes to appreciate the efforts and charge our schools to continue to support the youths to be useful members of the society.’’

He noted that the reintroduction of teaching of history in secondary schools would enable the youth to know the history of the country and promote unity and peaceful coexistence in the country.

The president expressed the hope that the conference would come up with useful suggestions that would guide policy makers to implement policies and programmes for the development of the country.

“It is my sincere hope that the participants will dig out the root cause and identify the means of addressing and preventing the menace,’’ he said.

The conference which had “Insurgency and the Phenomenon of Boko Haram’’ as theme, was attended by stakeholders within and outside the country, including representatives of security agencies and traditional rulers.

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Mysteryque: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by chiefolododo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Grayxme: 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
So far it has being good on your fight sir....History has become of Boko Haram freely parading the streets of Abuja...I see their end near completely

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Amumaigwe: 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
Mysteryque:
The Federal Government, on Tuesday, reaffirmed its commitment to ending Boko Haram insurgency, saying it would ensure that the menace was completely eliminated.

President Muhammadu Buhari stated this at the opening of the International Conference on insurgency in Kano.

Buhari, who was represented by the Minister of Interior, Lt.-Gen. Abdurrahman Dambazau (retd), said the government was determined to end the sufferings of victims of insurgency, especially in the North-East worst affected.

The conference was organised by the Centre for Islamic Civilisation and Interfaith Dialogue, Bayero University, Kano, in collaboration with Information Institute of Islamic Thought, Nigeria Office and Kano State Government.

According to him, the Federal Government will do everything possible to ensure that victims of the attacks return to their respective towns and villages to enable them continue with normal life.

He noted that the activities of Boko Haram insurgents had led to destruction of schools, worship places and other public structures, and stressed the need for concerted effort to rebuild the places.

“We must continue to support our youths to make sure that lack of employment does not create problems to our country again.

“We must also strengthen our various institutions so as to guide our youths to be self-reliant and be able to contribute their quota toward the development of the country,” he said.

Buhari commended Kano, Borno, Yobe and other states which had taken the pain in taking care of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in their respective states.

He also commended the effort of civil society organisations and other bodies that had been working to alleviate the sufferings of the IDPs in the affected states.

“Government also wishes to appreciate the efforts and charge our schools to continue to support the youths to be useful members of the society.’’

He noted that the reintroduction of teaching of history in secondary schools would enable the youth to know the history of the country and promote unity and peaceful coexistence in the country.

The president expressed the hope that the conference would come up with useful suggestions that would guide policy makers to implement policies and programmes for the development of the country.

“It is my sincere hope that the participants will dig out the root cause and identify the means of addressing and preventing the menace,’’ he said.

The conference which had “Insurgency and the Phenomenon of Boko Haram’’ as theme, was attended by stakeholders within and outside the country, including representatives of security agencies and traditional rulers.

When na bros?

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by ican2020: 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
has campaign started?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Elayna(f): 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
This Yahoo president shocked

2 Likes

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by alsudan: 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
And we are committed to sending you back to your Gay Cows in Daura.

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Mysteryque: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
chiefolododo:

Very funny. He could mean it.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by ClintonEmex: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
I don't know when you'll do that.
Or do you think Nigerians will give you another chance to disappoint them and then give excuses and blames?

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Basher8583: 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
Elayna:
This Yahoo president shocked
You know for someone who displays her profile picture, you should be careful with what you say as you are no longer anonymous.
You can easily be tracked with that slutty picture you have in your profile
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by OnyeOGA(m): 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Do you mean the Jubril led government?

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by EricBloodAxe: 3:26am On Nov 14, 2018
[s]
Basher8583:

You know for someone who displays her profile picture, you should be careful with what you say as you are no longer anonymous.
[/s]
Why don't u go and track her? Sai zombie supporter of the certificate forging lifeless illiterate dullard presidiot in asorock. Atiku/Obi 2019. Bmc zombies can sip sniper juice if e pain their chest.

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Kennedy94(m): 4:01am On Nov 14, 2018
I still believe Buhari doesn't know what goes around his vicinity.
The power that be or the cabal keeps a lot of things away from him.

check below
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by murphyibiam15(m): 4:59am On Nov 14, 2018
scam

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Switruth: 6:49am On Nov 14, 2018
Basher8583:

No be only track. That place look like naija for your eye? Anyone can put any picture. She is sexy and not slutty.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Racoon(m): 7:24am On Nov 14, 2018
Meanwhile you have enough blood on your hand.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Basher8583: 8:32am On Nov 14, 2018
Switruth:
No be only track. That place look like naija for your eye? Anyone can put any picture. She is sexy and not slutty.

Mind your business.... I just gave her a friendly advice since I noticed she's being too childish and unsmart.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by buhariguy(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2018
OK
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by SweetJoystick(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2018
But you and your government say they have been tactically defeated nau

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Switruth: 10:59am On Nov 14, 2018
Basher8583:

Mind your business.... I just gave her a friendly advice since I noticed she's being too childish and unsmart.
Shut up. Whose interfering in your profitless business. Now get out.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Basher8583: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2018
Switruth:
Shut up. Whose interfering in your profitless business. Now get out.
Na so you daft reach so tey you wan die for girl wey no send you.
Like I said earlier... Mind your business
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Switruth: 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
Basher8583:

Na so you daft reach so tey you wan die for girl wey no send you.
Like I said earlier... Mind your business
Dunny you. No be only die. U no get sense and na that sense wey u no get so dey worry you. Now shift and don’t disturb my mention.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by saaron(m): 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2018
So says a boko haram member. Satan cannot cast out Satan.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by crimeboss: 12:37am On Nov 15, 2018
u can't count how many boko haram buhari has freed even the ones arrested during gej's tenure under the guise of rehabilitation and recruitment into the nigerian army and other security agencies, buhari's a bonafide boko haram member likewise those on nairaland praying for buhari's reelection.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Basher8583: 5:28am On Nov 15, 2018
Switruth:
Dunny you. No be only die. U no get sense and na that sense wey u no get so dey worry you. Now shift and don’t disturb my mention.
Yeye. Kill ya self because of Olosho. No be you poke nose for mata wey no consign you.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by Switruth: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2018
Basher8583:

Yeye. Kill ya self because of Olosho. No be you poke nose for mata wey no consign you.
Your sisters if you have any ain’t better and besides how do u know that she is an olosho if you don’t patronize so many. Swine. Your replies are slow please make it fast. I’m ready for U. Anus like u.
Re: I’m Committed To Ending Boko Haram Insurgency, Says President Buhari by orisa37: 6:32am On Nov 15, 2018
It's funny that a whole life General cannot control mere skirmishes in his Borders in 4 years? And is now begging for another 4 years to enable him use thesame invaders to finish his people?

(1) (Reply)

Cross River State APC State Chairman Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident Today. / Contradictions In Atiku's Policy Document / Davematics Ombugadu Visits Nasarawa Eggon Indigienes In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.