Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa (34905 Views)

Allen Onyema Promises Super Eagles N20m For Cape Verde Win / Femi Otedola Redeems His Pledge Of $25000 Per Goal To Super Eagles / Governor Udom Visits Super Eagles, Promises $10,000 Per Goal Against Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by CastedDude: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ahead of the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying match between Nigerian Super Eagles and Bafana Bafana football club of South Africa, Delta State Governor, Senator Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has promised to give the Super Eagles $25, 000 (nearly N9 million) for every goal scored.

Governor Okowa gave the assurance (13/11/18) while interacting with members of the Super Eagles after watching them train at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.

According to the governor who watched the training with some members of the state executive council, "we are truly excited as a state to have you train at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, we are glad that you are in Asaba and from what we can see, this is a team for today and the future."

"The fact that you are leaving Asaba for South Africa; we are sure you will get victory; you are doing very well and we welcome you to Asaba; as a state government, we will contribute to what you are going to do out there in South Africa, for every goal, we are going to give you $25, 000," the governor said.

He continued, "when you are back we are also going to host you here in Asaba, we want you to stay strong and success will be yours, because, we are a praying state and we are confident that you are going to South Africa to get a lot of goals; continue to work hard, you are on a national assignment, a call to service and you will succeed."

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/okowa-watch-super-eagles-train-in-asaba-promises-25-000-per-goal.html

3 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by CastedDude: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by Phenotech(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
Okay
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by StillX10(m): 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
That's nice

Up super eagles

1 Like

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
Good development I wish them Goodluck

6 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by johnlvis(m): 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
Only PDP governors support sports in Nigeria. True or false?

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by richidinho(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
hope he is not owing salary?

13 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by ClintonEmex: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
Before doing this, has Mr Governor paid the poor masses?
Has he built some major roads in the state?
Surely, some things needs more attention than this, but we seem to give less relevant issues attention more.
NFF money is enough for them abeg.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by babyfaceafrica: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
johnlvis:
everything is political to you?... smh

4 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
everything is political to you?... smh
Little wonder why these politicians don't take the youths seriously.

APC and PDP are the same, any youth supporting any of them has no right to insult the others not in their camp.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by CodeTemplar: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
HigherEd:
The people who criticise churches for building big cathedrals with their private money would turn dead and dumb seeing how a Nigerian governor is spending their collective resources. A very funny country indeed.
They are never bothered about how their tax, nhis, or pension levies are spent but you will see a man who hasn't been to a church before hating on pastors he barely knows.

There is a spiritual force behind such. Very soon kano will buy salah ram while VVF kills off their young girls and they will hail their governor as a real Muslim for ignoring taxpayers to buy rams for some of the taxpayers.

7 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
Well, I hope they win....

Meanwhile, these guys are already rich.....give the money to the poor supporters...

See Signs that you are eating too much sugar

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
Only cash gifts and others can motivate our athletes. I don't blame them. The government doesn't care.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by momodub: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Nice one
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by bizhop01: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
I wish eagle will score more than 10 goals

6 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by NLbully(m): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
Rubbish

Some are shouting Good development undecided

9 million for each goal scored, I see it as bribery and they are trying to say that the eagles will not play reasonably if they are not promised money

Is NFF not paying them undecided

The money that should be put into the development of the country

No wonder why this country keeps taking a step forward and 4 steps backward

6 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by N0favors: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
Misplaced priority

He’s one of the governors who’ve rejected the 30k minimum wage. But here he is splashing on the already rich footballers

Which way Nigeria?

10 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by ahamonyeka(m): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
see as amaju be like herbalist.
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by Realdeals(m): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
Yet, they cannot pay 30K minimum wage.
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by osemmie: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ordinary N30k as minimum wage na war but na thousands of dollars dem dey use bribe our footballers. Where these kind money wey dem dey dash out dey come from sef
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by Alphasoar(m): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
Just call Bafana Bafana and tell them to concede 10 goals, then I will be very sorry for Delta State grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by arantess: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
NLbully:
Rubbish

Some are shouting Good development undecided

9 million for each goal scored, I see it as bribery and they are trying to say that the eagles will not play reasonably if they are not promised money

Is NFF not paying them undecided

The money that should be put into the development of the country

No wonder why this country keeps taking a step forward and 4 steps backward
It's appaling to say the least
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by peeddy(m): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
Is it his personal money or taxpayer money he is going to pay them with? Anyway all the best to the lads, just play X2. Only those that knows would relate.
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by gladisa7: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
na ezenwa go keep 4 us? data him head..chai!
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by abacusCm(m): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
I wish them Buhari

adewumiopeyemi:
I wish them Buhari

adewumiopeyemi:
I wish them Buhari
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by sonature1: 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
johnlvis:

PDP controls the oil-rich Niger Delta states

Niger Delta states are some of the richest in Nigeria

That's why elections in those states are always wars
Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by Mrjoshtower: 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
So you have 9 million Naira to give away for just a common goal that will add nothing to better the lives of graduates in your states.
How many graduates have you supported with N500k to start up a business and become entrepreneur?
How many rural communities have you provided with good roads for transportation of goods and services so they can stay strong with endangering their lives on dilapidated roads.
How many uneducated youths have you offered a help with skills to learn and be off-the- street ?

Mr Governor
Stop showing off !!! Don't throw away public funds.

4 Likes

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by Xfemt(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2018
And u re owing workers salaries but still u can pay 25k doz for each goals imagine nigeria Beat SA 5 nil u multiply 25dos x 5 and still de pay dem

Honestly okowa is mad

1 Like

Re: Okowa Promises Super Eagles $25,000 Per Goal Against South Africa by Topmaike007(m): 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
I wish Dem well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Danilo Feliciano de Moraes Is Dead, Son Of Cafu Dies Of Heart Attack / Pogba Should Not Have Gone To Greet The Fans - Shearer / Sweden Vs England: World Cup (0 - 2) On 7th July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.