Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal (22114 Views)

Hungarian President Novak Resigns Over Sex Abuse Case Pardon. / Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office / President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by FlirtyGist: 6:43am On Nov 14, 2018
South African Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba resigned on Tuesday, the presidency announced, two weeks after a public standards watchdog said he had violated the constitution by lying under oath in court.

Gigaba, a close ally of ousted former president Jacob Zuma, had recently vowed not to step down after also being caught up in a leaked sex tape scandal.

A statement from President Cyril Ramaphosa’s office announced that Gigaba said he had resigned “to relieve the President from undue pressure” and to allow Ramaphosa to focus on saving the country from “economic meltdown”.

Gigaba, 47, was once seen as rising star of the ANC ruling party, leading the party’s youth wing and being quickly promoted into the ministerial ranks.

But he became entangled in graft allegations during Zuma’s time in office.

Gigaba’s exit removes a key Zuma loyalist from the government led since February by Ramaphosa, who has vowed to root out the corruption reputed to have flourished under Zuma.

Gigaba was reprimanded last month by the public protector ombudswoman after he testified in a 2017 court case filed by a company controlled by the wealthy Oppenheimer family.

Ombudswoman Busisiwe Mkhwebane recommended that Ramaphosa take disciplinary action against the minister for “telling an untruth under oath and before a court of law”.

– Zuma ally –
The allegations were probed after a complaint from the opposition Democratic Alliance (DA) party.

The court case hinged on whether Gigaba had given the Oppenheimers approval to have a private terminal at Johannesburg airport.

Gigaba has also said he was recently the target of extortion attempts after a private sex video was stolen by hacking.

Gigaba served as finance minister for a year under Zuma, who was ousted as president by the ANC party in February over mounting graft scandals.

When Ramaphosa succeeded Zuma, he moved Gigaba to the home affairs ministry.

Gigaba has been linked to corruption allegations against the wealthy Gupta family, who are suspected of benefitting from unfair and hugely lucrative government contracts under Zuma.

A judicial inquiry, which opened in August, is investigating allegations that Zuma and the Guptas organised a web of corrupt deals at government departments and public enterprises in a scandal known as “state capture”.

All the accused deny any wrongdoing.

South Africa, Africa’s most advanced economy, slipped into recession in the second quarter of this year, and suffers a stubbornly high unemployment of about 28 percent.

The country will hold general elections in May.

Nhlanhla Nene resigned as finance minister last month over undisclosed meetings with the Guptas.

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/south-african-minister-sex-tape-scandal-resigns

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by FlirtyGist: 6:43am On Nov 14, 2018
sad
Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by CreepyBlackpool: 6:55am On Nov 14, 2018
now thats a developed country.

Over here ehn, catch them bathing in the market square, let their sextapes keep leaking, catch them on camera collecting bribes, provide evidence of their tribal and religious bigotry, they still won't resign

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:00am On Nov 14, 2018
dis Is wat you call a sane country, not some shithole own been ruled by a lifeless one

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by marztar(m): 7:01am On Nov 14, 2018
This will never happen in Nigeria!

The eediot will still be contesting for 2nd term.

28 Likes

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by martyns303(m): 7:04am On Nov 14, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
now thats a developed country.

Over here ehn, catch them bathing in the market square, let their sextapes keep leaking, catch them on camera collecting bribes, provide evidence of their tribal and religious bigotry, they still won't resign

I am one person that likes to see the positive Nigeria. Not many politicians would resign, in America recently there was the issue of the chief judge sexual offensive with many witness testifying. He fought it and won, He didn't resign his position. but back home, Kemi resigned over her NYSC issue. I have heard of a deputy governor resigning.

20 Likes

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by CreepyBlackpool: 7:14am On Nov 14, 2018
martyns303:

I am one person that likes to see the positive Nigeria. Not many politicians would resign, in America recently there was the issue of the chief judge sexual offensive with many witness testifying. He fought it and won, He didn't resign his position. but back home, Kemi resigned over her NYSC issue. I have heard of a deputy governor resigning.

Adeosun's case is just one, the only one I can think of. And the deputy governor's case sef.
Given the level of corruption in the country, and with the overwhelming evidence usually presented against these people, I'd say the two instances you mentioned above is pretty much insignificant

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by crossfm: 7:28am On Nov 14, 2018
Make I hear say na Nigeria. You will hear words like,the video was doctored. The video was nursed.it was physiotherapied.it was even pharmacied and finally,it was charmised.
The second version will be to denie it completely.he will be like,asked my pastor I was on vigil that day.my imam saw me all through the day.That is bringing in religion.then zomies will say, he is an adult and has every right to f**k any one.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by NwaAmaikpe: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2018
shocked

He is such a coward and a minus-one to his lineage.
I spit on his grave already.

He could have just claimed the video was edited like Apostle Suleiman, Chidinma Cucumber, Alex and Ganduje have successfully done.

Mumu man.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by Seconsol92(m): 9:55am On Nov 14, 2018
S*x have brought great men down since time immemorial..

Check my signature for cheap MTN data
Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by YorubaAssasin: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2018
9ja Politicians never dey resign lai lai... Dignity no dey their encyclopedia at all. Na so dem go dey follow world dey drag public post matter.. grin

1 Like

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by flex04(m): 9:56am On Nov 14, 2018
In our own type of government they dont resign

They wait for us to start protesting impeachment

I dont know where we learn government of the people

Just like when this their guy resign....They have oyinbo mentality, i just pride on them

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by joeyswift(m): 9:57am On Nov 14, 2018
It is only in Nigeria that we will see video evidence korokoro of corruption of an illicit act and yet the person won't resign because we have an emperor zombie as our leader

2 Likes

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by Imoh555(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2018
We are still waiting for gunduge the dollar man to resign over here in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by fasho01(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2018
Exactly how it's done is saner climes.. And this is still in Africa oo

We have a longggggggggggg way to go in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by joeyswift(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2018
It is only in Nigeria that we will see video evidence korokoro of corruption or an illicit act and yet the person won't resign because we have an emperor zombie as our leader

1 Like

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by christredeemer: 10:00am On Nov 14, 2018
That is a country where nobody is above the law, come to nigeria where are if u have money and u hold any political post u are above the law
if is nigeria they will investigate him for almost three years later he will given a post a Minster for Women

2 Likes

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by legibow: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2018
What to do.... I love when fast decision are made like this.... Unlike Naija politicians.... They will rather face the embarrassment.....
Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by forkadict(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2018
martyns303:

Are you resident in Naija? If yes, please share these so called positives you see in this jungle called Naija that is on free fall toward perdition? If you are not based in Naija, then please ignore.
Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by bedspread: 10:03am On Nov 14, 2018
This is what Sane Leaders do!

The Moment you are Busted,
Step down!!

In Nigeria it's the other way Round!

Gandollar WE kindly Do the Needful!!

Osun state man busted doing rituals do the Needful !!

3 Likes

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by mallamjega: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2018
I AM PAUL, A MULTIMEDIA EXPERT. LET ME TRAIN YOU TO BE A MOST SOUGHT AFTER GRAPHICS DESIGNER EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTS WANT TO HIRE IN 3 WEEKS!

NOTE: The Three Weeks marathon training in DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING and MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT already ongoing with trainees greatly enjoying the 100% practical program with Lunch Meal and Unlimited Internet Wifi available for them – WE DELIVER ON PROMISES!

I am Paul, a full fledged Multimedia Expert - Graphics Designer, Photographer, Video Editor, 3D Animator and Motion Graphics Expert.

My expertise lies in branding, design and typography, which are exemplified in each project I am involved in. With my extensive working experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw and InDesign (including other Adobe design tools), it allows me to consistently create designs that align accordingly with clients' expectations. I tackle any design project with a keen eye, a steady hand and endless imagination. With my experience and malleable creativity, I am able to produce solid design work that truly reflects my limitless skill as a multimedia designer and more importantly clients’ visions which there result in killer designs and happy clients

With my passion for creative training, let me teach you to produce killer designs in 3 weeks!

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20th OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design GRAPHICS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical GRAPHICS DESIGN training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by ujampie: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by deolu2000(m): 10:07am On Nov 14, 2018
I just wish SA can give us leadership and administrative training for some years as a country. they are just miles ahead in that regards to Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by Maket: 10:08am On Nov 14, 2018
This can't happen in ABJ but can in KanO state
Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by Xisnin(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2018
SA
Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by Xisnin(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2018
martyns303:

Kemi was used for election campaign and the deputy governor resigned to focus on his governorship
campaign against the governor.

4 Likes

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by kunmiiii: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2018
That's how its done in sane climes, to be candid Ganduje is really selfish, he's discrediting the anti-corruption stance of the Buhari led administration because of his voracious appetite and clinging to power as if its his birth right...

The interesting and funny part of it all, he claiming the video was photo shopped, he's just insulting the intelligence and sensibilities of Nigerians.

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by adioolayi(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2018
Here in Nigeria, political office holders no dey shame....shame on them all!

1 Like

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:11am On Nov 14, 2018
At least this one get conscience

Onlike Buhari, Osinbajo, all his ministers and APC members

Who are not ready to leave power

1 Like

Re: Malusi Gigaba Resigns As Minister Over Sex Tape Scandal by symbianDON(m): 10:11am On Nov 14, 2018
G A N D U J E!!!!!.....what are you waiting for?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gabon Opposition Urges Coup Leaders To Declare It As Election Winner / Senator Menendez Threatens Turkey Over NATO Stance / Femi Fani-Kayode Labels Obama as Anti-Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.