Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? (1125 Views)

Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria / Oculus Quest standalone vr(pc not needed) For Sale 150k / Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset – 128GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by LucemFerre: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2018
Personally I think Virtual reality would be so much fun but, I do fear it might have psychological effect on the long run. Because as Stem in the movie Upgrade said, "A fake world is a lot less painful than the real one."
And yea, I have watched Ready Player One and that was creepy af.
Anyways, that's just an IF.

VR has become very popular in the recent times and affordable too. Big titles like Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Forza etc. are making the feature available in their games. Do you think it would become more relevant than other modes of gaming in the future?

1 Like

Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by seunpayne(m): 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2018
It is the future. The company where I work, we build game rooms people here in Nigeria. Initially, it seemed like it won’t be a great concept but today, with the type of content being pushed for VR, I can tell you it’s here to stay. Not in the ready player one way but in a more controlled and safe way. It’s a different experience from the normal gaming and once you have tasted it, there is no going back. We are also trying to make this technology affordable for Nigerians.
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by LucemFerre: 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
seunpayne:
It is the future. The company where I work, we build game rooms people here in Nigeria. Initially, it seemed like it won’t be a great concept but today, with the type of content being pushed for VR, I can tell you it’s here to stay. Not in the ready player one way but in a more controlled and safe way. It’s a different experience from the normal gaming and once you have tasted it, there is no going back. We are also trying to make this technology affordable for Nigerians.

Annnnd, I'mmmm not gonna go crazy?
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by meobizy(f): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2018
I honestly believe it is a fad. Just like how it was back in the 70s when newly introduced, it did not gain traction. Today again it has failed to gain widespread appeal.
Technology themed TV shows if truthful will mention reports of how it has underwhelmed set expectations (you know those predictions observers set like "by 2030 100% of individuals will use this platform"?). Well a lot of people are not using it because of first the price, second the setup involved and lastly the inconvenience [space needed to move about].
With time creators will see no need to continue developing applications for any VR setup larger than a high end mobile phone. Let's all hope Facebook can change this prediction from the amount of Research and Development plus capital pumped into the venture.

2 Likes

Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by LucemFerre: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2018
CorporateNigga:

You know say you dey fvck up ba?
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by LucemFerre: 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
meobizy:
I honestly believe it is a fad. Just like how it was back in the 70s when newly introduced, it did not gain traction. Today again it has failed to gain widespread appeal.
Technology themed TV shows if truthful will mention reports of how it has underwhelmed set expectations (you know those predictions observers set like "by 2030 100% of individuals will use this platform"?). Well a lot of people are not using it because of first the price, the setup involved and also the inconvenience [space need to move about].
With time creators will see no need to continue developing applications for any VR setup larger than a high end mobile phone. Let's all hope Facebook can change this prediction from the amount of Research and Development plus capital pumped into the venture.

Right, i remember when i first heard about the thing. I thought i would need a football field not to hurt myself.
Anyways, i do agree that it is very inconvenient to use which would censequenyly keep hurting it's popularity

2 Likes

Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by crafteck(m): 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
Vr is dying within d nxt 2 years, it would come back in a few years with less wires more tricks and be a bit more relevant. For now, it's a gimmick that the urge fades in a few weeks like a Surulere sidechick, I feel im speaking 4 d masses

2 Likes

Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by seunpayne(m): 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
LucemFerre:

Annnnd, I'mmmm not gonna go crazy?

Oh you will...but in a good way. The thing about technology is that it doesn’t wait for adoption. It’s coming...adoption is where the issue lies and we are trying to open the door so Nigerians can peep and see that it is good
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by seunpayne(m): 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
meobizy:
Technology themed TV shows if truthful will mention reports of how it has underwhelmed set expectations (you know those predictions observers set like "by 2030 100% of individuals will use this platform"?). Well a lot of people are not using it because of first the price, the setup involved and also the inconvenience [space need to move about].

You’re right...it is expensive...but I think you are confusing VR and AR. Even if you aren’t, most of your concerns are being addressed as me go on. Nvidia recenky relased drivers for low spec graphic cards in their 10th gen line up to make them VR ready. Maybe it didn’t take traction at first but with the amount of content and the experience it delivers and the fact that we finally have the technology to drive it mainstream, I think it is no longer a fad
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by seunpayne(m): 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
LucemFerre:

Right, i remember when i first heard about the thing. I thought i would need a football field not to hurt myself.
Anyways, i do agree that it is very inconvenient to use which would censequenyly keep hurting it's popularity

Actually you can enjoy a very immersive VR experience in a chair. Today we aren’t changing much...just putting you inside the same things you already enjoy. The past has put a lot of negatives on this but with time I believe that can be corrected and we will get people to perceive VR the way it should be perceived
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by seunpayne(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
crafteck:
Vr is dying within d nxt 2 years, it would come back in a few years with less wires more tricks and be a bit more relevant. For now, it's a gimmick that the urge fades in a few weeks like a Surulere sidechick, I feel im speaking 4 d masses

For the masses with that Lagos sense of humor I’m sure. In a way, I think you’re right. Not two years though. With the amount of work we have been able to do at FAROCON, I can tell you it will be relevant next year. We would be having an exhibition in February where you can come and experience VR the way it should be experienced. We aim to change the narrative and so far it’s been a great and positive step in the right direction
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
Kudos lucem always keeping the gaming section buzzing with good topics .

For me I think it's definitely the future that's why Facebook , Sony , Google have made investments into VR . With time it will game more traction .

What I don't know if is if my prescription as I am short sighted will let me use it without experiencing any discomfort . I can't even wear dark glasses for more than 5 mins .
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by LucemFerre: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
seunpayne:

Oh you will...but in a good way. The thing about technology is that it doesn’t wait for adoption. It’s coming...adoption is where the issue lies and we are trying to open the door so Nigerians can peep and see that it is good

Yeaaa, kinda. I would love to try it but, not use it often. I looove me some bad ass screens
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by LucemFerre: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
tobianthony:
Kudos lucem always keeping the gaming section buzzing with good topics .

Thanks bruh
tobianthony:

For me I think it's definitely the future that's why Facebook , Sony , Google have made investments into VR . With time it will game more traction .

What I don't know if is if my prescription as I am short sighted will let me use it without experiencing any discomfort . I can't even wear dark glasses for more than 5 mins .

You and me both brother. I don't know the defining variations of short/long sights cheesy but, i use glasses cuz i don't see things that are at a long distance.
But, i read that some VR lenses would have to be used with contact lenses, while some others are made to accomodate glasses. That shouldn't be a problem.

VR could be big in the future when it is universally categorized as being 100% safe. I am part of the people who fear that sh!t, no kidding cheesy
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by crafteck(m): 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
seunpayne:

For the masses with that Lagos sense of humor I’m sure. In a way, I think you’re right. Not two years though. With the amount of work we have been able to do at FAROCON, I can tell you it will be relevant next year. We would be having an exhibition in February where you can come and experience VR the way it should be experienced. We aim to change the narrative and so far it’s been a great and positive step in the right direction

Would it still have lots of wires?
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Well at some point wires as a whole will be gone ...
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by seunpayne(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2018
crafteck:

Would it still have lots of wires?

Nope. Thanks to the new HDMI tech that allows more bandwidth, we can send video, audio and data at much faster speeds thus eliminating the need for more wires
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by seunpayne(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2018
tobianthony:
Well at some point wires as a whole will be gone ...

Not entirely...but reduced to a less than noticeable minimum
Re: Will VR Bcom More Relevant Than Conventional Gam'n, Fade, Or Just Hang In There? by seunpayne(m): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2018
LucemFerre:

Thanks bruh

You and me both brother. I don't know the defining variations of short/long sights cheesy but, i use glasses cuz i don't see things that are at a long distance.
But, i read that some VR lenses would have to be used with contact lenses, while some others are made to accomodate glasses. That shouldn't be a problem.

VR could be big in the future when it is universally categorized as being 100% safe. I am part of the people who fear that sh!t, no kidding cheesy

I’ll admit, you are right...but we keep pushing to make the future come tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Any Ps4 For Sale Here? / What Are The Potential Benefits Of Playing Online Slot Games? / Sagem Myv-55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.