Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. (1095 Views)

Femi Adesina: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal One Dollar / Sanwo-Olu: I Never Promised To Fix Apapa Gridlock In 60 Days / Atiku Never Posted Any Picture Claiming To Be Watching The Falcons Vs SA Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2018
Vice presidential candidate of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Peter Obi, has dismissed the claim that the party's candidate, Atiku Abubakar, promised to reduce the cost of premium motor spirit (PMS), popularly known as petrol, to N87 or N90 per litre if elected.

The party's spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan, had issued a statement on November 1, 2018, to announce that Atiku has worked out a pricing template that will immediately crash the pump price of fuel in the country if he becomes president in 2019.

The statement read, "Our Party is talking with top international players in the oil and gas industry, and this engagement has shown that the appropriate pump price of fuel in the Nigerian market, under the current subsidy regimes of the Buhari Presidency, should be within the borders of N87 to N90.
"

"We urge Nigerians not to despair as our Presidential candidate, Atiku, has already worked out a blueprint that will end sleazes, ensure appropriate pricing template and free resources to guarantee the availability of product on a national pricing regime," Ologbondiyan added.

Contrary to the party's position, Obi, a former Anambra State governor, has distanced the candidate from the promise which stirred a lot of debate two weeks ago.

While speaking during an interview on Arise TV's The Morning Show on Monday, November 12, 2018, Obi said there's a distinction between the party making the promise and the candidate doing the same.

He said, "The candidate didn't say so. If they ask me, that was the party spokesman. I, as Peter Obi, will tell you that it'll be determined by market forces.

"When the candidate starts, he'll make promises and I, as his loyal vice president, will ensure that whatever he's promised, we'll keep it."

Fuel price could go up or down - Obi
When further questioned on what Atiku's administration would do to tackle the fuel price menace, Obi said it'll be determined by market forces that could mean the price could increase or decrease.

While initially trying to deflect that fuel price is not as big a problem as other issues like the rate of out-of-school children, Obi said the price will not change drastically with an Atiku presidency.

He said, "Whenever you talk about issue of fuel and this, you're talking about few millions in Lagos and other cities that can afford a car. Nigeria has less cars than most states in the United States. We have 13.5 million children out of school. That is our bother. We have millions of children who don't have jobs, that should bother us not what people pay in fuel.

"And I can tell you, it (fuel price) is not going to be different from what they (Nigerians) are paying today. But it'll be determined by market forces, it can go up or down.

"The difference between Atiku's presidency is that he's a businessman, he understands business. I, too, am a businessman and we must make it work."

2019 presidential election
While next year's election, scheduled for February 16, 2019, is expected to be keenly-contested between President Buhari and Atiku, they both face competition from other candidates including Donald Duke of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Kingsley Moghalu of the Young Progressive Party (YPP), Obiageli Ezekwesili of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN), Fela Durotoye of the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), and Omoyele Sowore of the African Action Congress (AAC).

Others are Tope Fasua of the Abundance Nigeria Renewal Party (ANRP), Eunice Atuejide of the National Interest Party (NIP), Olusegun Mimiko of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), Adesina Fagbenro-Byron of the Kowa Party (KP), Chike Ukaegbu of the Advanced Allied Party (AAP), Hamza Al-Mustapha of the People's Party of Nigeria (PPN), Obadiah Mailafia of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), and many more.

79 candidates will contest in the election, the highest number ever in Nigeria's electoral history

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/peter-obi-says-atiku-never-promised-to-reduce-fuel-price-id9099527.html?Echobox=1542110887#utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Oam4j, Mynd44
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
They have already started their denials after making the same declaration.

PDP is a scam.

Until this my party rebrands and repents they will never change their spots as the liars and deceivers they always have been

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by CilicMarin: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2018
Everything About Atiku/Obigot, Is Fraud..

Anybody Supporting PDP is cursed...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Jonadull: 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
They have already started their denials after making the same declaration.

PDP is a scam.

Until this my party rebrands and repents they will never change their spots as the liars and deceivers they always have been
It shall never be well with pdps and every bastards supporting them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by MeanChris(m): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
This Apc people are taking us for granted in this country. We are talking about important things; they're busy looking for loopholes in statements when we are looking for #5.8 billion

Obi said it'll be determined by market forces that could mean the price could increase or decrease.

That's that.. this one is from the horse's mouth

Let's consider how fake Pastor Yemi Osinbajo and Friends were sharing our money... N5.8 billion, directly from the horse's (Osinbajo's) mouth

1. They said N829 million was for logistics

2. They still said ANOTHER N369.5 million was on general logistics

3. They said N189 million was on branding and packaging

4. They still said another N248.6 million was on branding and packaging

5. They said N21.9 million was for contingency.

God forbid this Apc people. See what they were doing with money meant for IDPs, no humanity in them at all.

APC 2019
Outshallah!!

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
Jonathan:

It shall never be well with pdps and every bastards supporting them

Isee isee isee

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by OHCOMEON: 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2018
This one you people have started like this, the party spokesman will say one thing and the candidate will say another, will it be well at all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by gmercy713: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
I haven't seen Atiku or his campaign team promising that. we all know it is quite shady but you APC increased the price to what we have now perhaps how many promise that PMB and APC made have been fulfilled?
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by kodded(m): 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
look at all those lunatics above me másturbating over a fake news that was circulated by their fellow BMC zombiés

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2018
gmercy713:
I haven't seen Atiku or his campaign team promising that. we all know it is quite shady but you APC increased the price to what we have now perhaps how many promise that PMB and APC made have been fulfilled?

Is the party spokesman not part of his campaign team?

He made the declaration on behalf of the candidate Atiku the kleptomaniac.

Did he then lie about the so called template he claimed Atiku had developed?

Did he also lie about the strategic meetings he plans to hold with stakeholders to crash the pump price?

Peter Obigot is talking about price being determined by market forces. What market forces? Is it market forces which would be subsidy dependent or not?

Both Atiku and Obigot are clearly being deceptive

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by MalcoImX: 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
Is he increasing it then?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
MalcoImX:
Is he increasing it then?

Good question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by gmercy713: 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Is the party spokesman not part of his campaign team?

He made the declaration on behalf of the candidate Atiku the kleptomaniac.

Did he then lie about the so called template he claimed Atiku had developed?

Did he also lie about the strategic meetings he plans to hold with stakeholders to crash the pump price?

Peter Obigot is talking about price being determined by market forces. What market forces? Is it market forces which would be subsidy dependent or not?

Both Atiku and Obigot are clearly being deceptive
BTW the party spokesman wasn't in Dubai and he isn't entitled to speak on behalf of Atiku's campaigns group.

You understand this stuff better than this.

Modified: you can post the link still to confirm the person that promised the reduction for reference
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Afamed: 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2018
Obi categorically distance himself from N90 per litre early promised by the PDP spoke man/ propagandist. He said the price of the fuel will be determined by market force, which means PDP can increase the price to as high as N200/N300.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Afamed: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
gmercy713:

Can you provide a link to an article where he said it? Just wanna read it
I will get the link to you, however , what the OP said was exactly what Obi said. It was on live interview on Arise Tv on Tuesday 9am. The interview was conducted / Anchored by Reuben Abati

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2018
it's better to say less and do more than to talk more and do less Nigeria problem is biger than America
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by gmercy713: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2018
Afamed:
Obi categorically distance himself from N90 per litre early promised by the PDP spoke man/ propagandist. He said the price of the fuel will be determined by market force, which means PDP can increase the price to as high as N200/N300.

But the OP made it look like it was Atiku and his campaign organization that made the statement.

We should be careful whenever twisting words.
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
gmercy713:

But the OP made it look like it was Atiku and his campaign organization that made the statement.

Is the party spokesperson not a part of his campaign organization?

Stop trying to spin this.

This was said as part of his campaign promises

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by CilicMarin: 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2018
gmercy713:

Shut up ipob yoot and stop digging..

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by gmercy713: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by RTSC: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
Any day, I find myself voting along the same lines with some of the apc scums on this thread, I would check myself.
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by gmercy713: 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
CilicMarin:

Shut up ipob yoot and stop digging..

If you can't engage with a stranger intellectually I doubt if you will go far in life.

Stay off my mention.
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by seunmsg(m): 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
We've not even elected them and they are already denying the promise they made. Such is the characteristics of corrupt cretins who are only desirous of power in order to loot and destroy the country further.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Afamed: 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
gmercy713:

Should there be difference among Atiku/ Obi and their party spoke man policies? Nna be careful.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2018
gmercy713:

None of this was accredited to Atiku and his campaign group. PDP just like APC gave out a propaganda to get votes. If you followed it up even Keyamo and Oby and co faulted it.

I want to believe you have something called a brain in your head.

Read the attached.

Atikus personal twitter handle was quoted as a confirmation of the declaration. It was made since 1st of this month. Has Atiku come up to deny it 2 weeks after?

He is normally quick to react to calamity happening in Nigeria as he deceptively sends condolences but he must have forgotten to quickly react to this post from our official PDP twitter handle abi?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by NLandIsHypocrit: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2018
They have already started denying their promises to install Air-conditions in all the streets across the country even when they have not gotten the votes. They are all the same my people, why wasting your time and energy risking your lives to cast a vote that does not matter at the end?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by gmercy713: 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2018
Afamed:

Should there be difference among Atiku/ Obi and their party spoke man policies?

Party spokesman or campaign spokesman?

It ought not be different but since you didn't hear from the horse himself it is still a propaganda just like the attached picture.

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Afamed: 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
gmercy713:

If you can't engage with a stranger intellectually I doubt if you will go far in life.

Stay off my mention.
They have bursted your deceit .

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by RTSC: 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
Peter obi, being a shrewd economic manager would never promise such.
And I am glad neither him nor atiku made such superfluous statement like the apc clowns counterparts made in 2015.

The damage has already been done.

The only way now is to build the economy, remove the forces of stagnation that buhari has imposed on foreign investment and the economy, and let market forces decide our fuel prices, while encouraging refineries to hopefully crash it down.

Buhari claimed that there was no real subsidy, he came and paid double the subsidy Jonathan paid.

He promised 3 million jobs every year, more Nigerians are losing their jobs every minute than at any other time in our national history.

The barest minimum is something apc cannot manage.
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by gmercy713: 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

I want to believe you have something called a brain in your head.

Read the attached.

Atikus personal twitter handle was quoted as a confirmation of the declaration. It was made since 1st of this month. Has Atiku come up to deny it 2 weeks after?

He is normally quick to react to calamity happening in Nigeria as he deceptively sends condolences but he must have forgotten to quickly react to this post from our official PDP twitter handle abi?

It seems you can't get what am driving at.
Then I'll leave you with your illusory.
Re: Peter Obi Says Atiku Never Promised To Reduce Fuel To 90 Naira. by Officialpdpnig: 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2018
gmercy713:

It seems you can't get what am driving at.
Then I'll leave you with your illusory.

You are the one roaming aimlessly as you try to defend a crook.

Atikus personal twitter handle was mentioned as back up and confirmation of the claim and he hasn't denied or clarified it for 2 weeks and you want to say he isn't complicit?

Abeg waka comot for hia

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Buhari And Osinbajo Wilk Look Like In 2019 / Gov Tambuwal Visits Sultan Of Sokoto As PDP Flag Off Campaign In Sokoto / Osun Osogbo Get New Baba Olosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.