Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? (1655 Views)

Does Anyone Here Have Apache Perl Knowledge? / How Do I Use An Apache Server On Dreamweaver? / Iis And Apache Apllication Server For Php Dev On Windows Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by Gomez(m): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2007
i wan to find out if
apache and IIS can run on the same machine?
Re: Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by Otuyelu(m): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2007
Yes you may run both on the same machine, but you will have to run the processes off different ports. On one of my development servers I run Apache on ports 8000 - 9000 and all IIS virtual sites on port 80
Re: Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by Gomez(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2007
Thanks Otuyelu :
The ports guess, they are set doing installations cos i have an app that is written in pearl and has mysql database that i want to query with asp.net and C# .
If i have apache already Installed, the setting of the port of IIS should it be done when i m installing it on the machine
when i call "localhost" which of the servers will respond to that call?.
Re: Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by boraddo(m): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2007
default for IIS is port 80, if u installed ur apache on port 80, i have a feelin IIS will not start,

and when u call localhost, its ur port 80 dat runs ,
Re: Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by alexis(m): 1:06am On Apr 12, 2007
it's no big deal, just change the port apache listens on.

Open httpd.conf

look for the string Listen, and change it from 80 to 81 or 8080 or any port you want apache to listen on. So, if you want to access apache, open a web browser and type

http://localhost:8080

That's all there is to it.
Re: Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by sbucareer(f): 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2007

It is not wise to have two web servers running on a single host. However, you can configure either Apache PHP or IIS to run as a single server. All you need to do is teach each server how to process request from either file.

If a request comes from a php file i.e. (index.php) it is routed to Apache connector and if a request is from a file i.e. (index.asp/index.aspx) it is routed to IIS server.

Here is a help tutorialand this. You can do google search to find more useful links.

Good luck
Re: Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by alexis(m): 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2007
It's really not a good idea to have two web servers running in a production environment but I don't see anything wrong when you are testing and developing.

You can install as many as you want if you have the resources, this is what I do

IIS = port 80
Apache = 81
Tomcat = 8080

So, I can test my asp, aspx apps, php and jsp apps.
Re: Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by Gomez(m): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2007
I just found out on the net that you can actually deploy an aspx page on
Apache Server, by runing one module. i think this is better than actually using the two server just becos you want to use aspx and PHP to access the same back end resources.
Re: Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? by alexis(m): 5:52am On Apr 17, 2007
Cool

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Laptop More Than 8 Hours Without Running Down / What's Your Best Text Editor For Web Development? / Access To My LAN Office Network From Any Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.