Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders (1008 Views)

2023: Leave APC Before It’s Too Late –Bamgbose Tells Igbo Presidential Aspirants / Buhari Dey GO! Atiku Dey COME! - PDP Supporters Chanting In Ibadan(video) / "Buhari Must Go" - Atiku Tells Cheering Adamawa Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by feddis(m): 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar stormed the venue of the Igbo elders, religious and traditional rulers just as they were about rounding up.
He came with a message “Whether I am president or not, Buhari must go in 2019. Our economy must be fixed.”
He arrived in a large entourage that was led by the national chairman of the party, Uche Secondus. In the entourage were the senate president, Bukola Saraki , Babangida Aliyu, Gbenga Daniel, Dino Melaye and other party chieftains.
Atiku ‎told the full house of Igbo leaders that he and Peter Obi would correct all the anomalies visited on Nigeria by the Buhari administration.
He pointed at the security apparati in the country and decried the situation where all the security chiefs were from one part of the country.
Read Also: Buhari, Osinbajo lash out at restructuring advocates
“It aches ‎my heart when I receive texts listing the lopsided appointments of security chiefs. The appointments do not reflect federalism. This is not federalism,” he said.
He promised to bring back to life the coal industry, regretting that coal which use to power the whole of Eastern Nigeria before the war was abandoned.
He promised to give all it takes to make Nigeria a united and progressive country.
“A combination of Peter Obi and I, you can trust will fix the economy.”

By Chris Oji
Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-must-go-atiku-tells-igbo-leaders/
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by TimmyA: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
Good to go to daura

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by alsudan: 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
Atiku already feeding on Buharis incompetence and Bigotry. The dullard is definitely Daura bound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by SarkinYarki: 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
The evil barbaric clueless nepotic wicked lifeless dullard MUST GO!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by ojun50(m): 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
Buhari need to go

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by magoo10(m): 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2018
Nepotism and hypocrisy must go
Say no to lifelessness
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by Kenekingisback: 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
Agreed...

That picture sums it up. Handover to Atiku grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by goodnessme1(f): 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
There will be no voting in east come 2019.

No referendum no election.
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by basilo101: 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
Back to Daura is sacrosanct
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by Corrinthians(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Please Id like to ask a couple of questions.

- After the defeat of the preferred candidate of Ndigbo in 2015 presidential election, they rented the air and cyberspace with cries about Yorubas being "betrayers".

- Not done with calling them betrayers, they went on to call them "Hausa/Fulani slaves" because they chose to vote a Fulani man, Buhari, who triumphed over their preferred candidate.

Now..

1. What makes Yorubas betrayers for choosing to exercise their freedom of association? Did they cut any deal with the Ndigbo to support Jonathan? Who were the political leaders that made the deal with Ndigbo on behalf of Yorubas?

2. What makes Yorubas slaves? Since when did forming political alliances in furtherance and promotion of a people's collective interest amount to SLAVERY?

3. What did Yorubas do then which Ndigbo aren't doing now, especially with one of their sons chosen as the VP candidate same way a Yoruba son was picked by Buhari?

Lastly and most importantly..

How would Igbos feel if those same words they have been using to describe Yorubas since 2015 is now used to describe them?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by basilo101: 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
Corrinthians:
Please Id like to ask a couple of questions.

- After the defeat of the preferred candidate of Ndigbo in 2015 presidential election, they rented the air and cyberspace with cries about Yorubas being "betrayers".

- Not done with calling them betrayers, they went on to call them "Hausa/Fulani slaves" because they chose to vote a Fulani man, Buhari, who triumphed over their preferred candidate.

Now..

1. What makes Yorubas betrayers for choosing to exercise their freedom of association? Did they cut any deal with the Ndigbo to support Jonathan? Who were the political leaders that made the deal with Ndigbo on behalf of Yorubas?

2. What makes Yorubas slaves? Since when did forming political alliances in furtherance and promotion of a people's collective interest amount to SLAVERY?

3. What did Yorubas do then which Ndigbo aren't doing now, especially with one of their sons chosen as the VP candidate same way a Yoruba son was picked by Buhari?

Lastly and most importantly..

How would Igbos feel if those same words they have been using to describe Yorubas since 2015 is now used to describe them?

You voted against a southern incumbent. That's the difference

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by Corrinthians(m): 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
basilo101:

You voted against a southern incumbent. That's the difference
Wtf! What has that got to do with anything? Weren't we all here when Yoruba leader went to see Jonathan over the marginalisation of the South West under his government? You want me to resurrect that thread and show you what your brothers said back then?

Did Jonathan's government promote the interest of Yorubas?

Igbos were having it sooooo good with that government and wanted it retained by all means. I have no problem with that, after all, politics is all about interest. Yorubas had it rough and needed a better deal and they went for it!

Why should they be criticized for doing so? Did they make any deal with anyone that THEY MUST VOTE A SOUNTHERN CANDIDATE in preference to a Northern candidate in an election?

Your response makes no sense at all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by basilo101: 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
Corrinthians:
Wtf! What has that got to do with anything? Weren't we all here when Yoruba leader went to see Jonathan over the marginalisation of the South West under his government? You want me to resurrect that thread and show you what your brothers said back then?

Igbos were having it sooooo good with that government and wanted it retained. I have no problem with that, after all, politics is all about interest. Yorubas had it rough and needed a better deal and they went for it!

Why should they be criticized for doing so? Did they make any deal with anyone that THEY MUST VOTE A SOUNTHERN CANDIDATE in preference to a Northern candidate in an election?

Lol. Enjoy while it lasts
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by TEDHorsePower: 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
Osetigoo cheesy
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by argon500: 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
Very funny. Atiku that can't even vouch of having 70% vote in Adamawa is talking of defeating Buhari.. Ok we are waiting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by Corrinthians(m): 7:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
basilo101:

Lol. Enjoy while it lasts
Enjoy this link.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

You people are really funny honestly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by basilo101: 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
Corrinthians:
Enjoy this link.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

You people are really funny honestly.
Who sold their speaker position to the North?
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by Corrinthians(m): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
basilo101:

Who sold their speaker position to the North?
Speaker? And that is the best they deserved?

Spits.

I see none of you can even come anywhere close to answering the questions. You know why? Because your hate mongering is coming right back to you.

I hope people go around calling you lot the names you called others for doing the exact same thing you're doing now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by 9jalyte: 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
Corrinthians:

Igbos were having it sooooo good with that government and wanted it retained. I have no problem with that, after all, politics is all about interest. Yorubas had it rough and needed a better deal and they went for it!

You asked a question and the answer was given to you, all you could come up with was this. My dear, in 2015 the Yorobàs took a step that will continue to haunt them. One thing that the other southerners lost was just the presidency but the have gained stronger bond and are building alliance with Middle belt. You know what that means, you are told straight in the face "to help with". Even the know will continually suspect you because they will ask themselves if you can abandon a brother you cannot be trusted.

Like the person above said, enjoy while the offer last. And talking about the difference, everybody knows that Igbos do not hide their feelings, if they are with you, you know you are with a people. I can bet, every part of Nigeria will invest more in have the Igbo block solidarity than Yoruba fair weather label. Just to ask, who are your strongest allies in Nigeria. Think we'll before you answer
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by ImperialYoruba: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
In the entourage were the senate president, Bukola Saraki , Babangida Aliyu, Gbenga Daniel, Dino Melaye and other party chieftains.

The chieftaincy is incomplete. Where is FFK? Where is Reno? Fayose no be chieftain?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by Corrinthians(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
9jalyte:

You asked a question and the answer was given to you, all you could come up with was this. My dear, in 2015 the Yorobàs took a step that will continue to haunt them. One thing that the other southerners lost was just the presidency but the have gained stronger bond and are building alliance with Middle belt. You know what that means, you are told straight in the face "to help with". Even the know will continually suspect you because they will ask themselves if you can abandon a brother you cannot be trusted.

Like the person above said, enjoy while the offer last. And talking about the difference, everybody knows that Igbos do not hide their feelings, if they are with you, you know you are with a people. I can bet, every part of Nigeria will invest more in have the Igbo block solidarity than Yoruba fair weather label. Just to ask, who are your strongest allies in Nigeria. Think we'll before you answer
Answer was given me? What manner of idiotic and disgusting answer is that?

That stupid answer even reinforces the point that you people deserve the same hate in Tripple measure.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by basilo101: 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
Corrinthians:
Speaker? And that is the best they deserved?

Spits.

I see none of you can even come anywhere close to answering the questions. You know why? Because your hate mongering is coming right back to you.

I hope people go around calling you lot the names you called others for doing the exact same thing you're doing now.
But you already had 8 years of presidency. Your greed is too much
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by basilo101: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
Corrinthians:

That stupid answer even reinforces the point that you people deserve the same hate in Tripple measure.

Nonsense.
I smell frustration
Re: Buhari Must Go, Atiku Tells Igbo Leaders by 9jalyte: 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
Corrinthians:

Nonsense.

My dear, we don't need an expert to tell that the anger in you is pointer to frustration and sense of loneliness. Abeg, make you de check. It is almost 4 years, I would like to know how the life of the Yorubas have become better than the other Southerners they abandoned. After this whole Buhari episode, that's when you will know your fate. In your mind, you have Hausa Fulani allies, when the game is over you will know if you are allies, partners or subjects.

The Igbo did not hustle for the position of VP. They did not hustle for Party Chairman, they have been very relax in their PDP because they know that anyone coming to them will come prepared. FROM time, when Igbos support candidates, they give our full support. Everybody knows that. That cannot be said of the Yorubas. Even when their son was a contesting both in the first and second term, did you people Give Obasanjo up to 80% vote? But Igbos have him more.

You will be stuck in the political wilderness, simple.

(1) (Reply)

Despite APC Crisis In Imo State, Massive Crowd Comes Out In Support Of Uche Nwos / Updated:Ex-chief Of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh, Murdered (photo) / Buhari Is The Most Successful Fraudster In The History Of Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.