Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway (25298 Views)

Another Plane Crash In US Claims Several Lives Weeks After Wigwe's Incident / South African Pilot Makes Emergency Landing After Discovery Of Deadly Cobra / Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Parts Fell Off In U.S(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Yewandequeen(f): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Nothing heart stopping because on approach before the aircrafts rings minimums all pilots are prepared to power up for a "go around" just in case any condition on the ground threaten to impede a smooth touchdown in anyway , even below minimums pilots are still alert for a "touch and go" .. I am sure the air traffic controller will be reprimanded for not keeping tabs on all aircraft in the approach and depart queue
serious one
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
Aldebaran:
Scary grin

This is the reason why aeroplanes should have hornsgrin

grin grin grin grin Craze people dey dis Nairaland I swear
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Yankee101: 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2018
They made a mistake but are trying to cover it up with false narratives
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by dasuc: 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2018
brilliant
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by AbdulHakeem44(m): 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Buhari sef shocked shocked shocked

I blame the approach plane...he should have notified the Control Tower of the movement of another aircraft towards A1.

This is how Nigerians would avoid ballot marked APC next year undecided undecided undecided

stop saying nonsense, in this kind of situation, the blame goes to the ATC, he granted touchdown permission for the incoming plane and taxiing permission for the one that crosses the runway.
How could he have seen it when he is not close to it.
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Kenekingisback: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
AbdulHakeem44:

stop saying nonsense, in this kind of situation, the blame goes to the ATC, he granted touchdown permission for the incoming plane and taxiing permission for the one that crosses the runway.
How could he have seen it when he is not close to it.

Argue with your keyboards.

Codes are shared to all pilots/ aircraft within certain KM to any airport. You (Pilots and Co) read and confirm. He must have read the code of the aircraft taxing.
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by AbdulHakeem44(m): 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
Nwakannaya1:

I know about keke...

I am yet to see a plane, I really want to see....I'm not doubting the possibility, just that I have not seen!

modern planes hardly reverse while on land, but the reverse designed on it (reverse thrust) is majorly for rapid deceleration to aid Landing while on air. Not necessarily going backward.
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Nwakannaya1: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
AbdulHakeem44:

modern planes hardly reverse while on land, but the reverse designed on it (reverse thrust) is majorly for rapid deceleration to aid Landing while on air. Not necessarily going backward.

OK
Noted...
Invariably, u are saying I may end up never witnessing one....
No polo!
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Racoon(m): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Tenerife is in Spain!
Thanks man.
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by dingbang(m): 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
I love this. Where is Nigerian Airways? angry their pilots should come and learn
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Newboss(m): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
There ought to be separate landing and take off lanes by now angry

What sort of fūckery is this? angry
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by AbdulHakeem44(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2018
Kenekingisback:

Argue with your keyboards.

Codes are shared to all pilots/ aircraft within certain KM to any airport. You (Pilots and Co) read and confirm. He must have read the code of the aircraft taxing.

Argue with facts, give one situation or scenario where such occurred and the pilot was sanctioned or suspended, if none, case dismissed. The truth is you won't find none.
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by AbdulHakeem44(m): 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Newboss:
There ought to be separate landing and take off lanes by now angry

What sort of fūckery is this? angry

I used to think like that before
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by mechanics(m): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Effective communication at work.
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by whirlwind7(m): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
Aldebaran:
Scary grin

It's been a hectic and mad week for me. I don't think I've even cracked a smile since this week began.

This post of yours got me laughing so hard, it's a welcome relief grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by whirlwind7(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Aldebaran:
Scary grin

It's been a hectic and mad week for me. I don't think I've even cracked a smile since this week began.

This post of yours got me laughing so hard, it's a welcome relief grin grin grin

Thanks, man!

1 Like

Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by pat1612(m): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
Nwakannaya1:

I know about keke...

I am yet to see a plane, I really want to see....I'm not doubting the possibility, just that I have not seen!

A plane always reverses as it is never facing runway the nose is always towards airport terminal at aero bridge

1 Like

Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Nwakannaya1: 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2018
pat1612:

A plane always reverses as it is never facing runway the nose is always towards airport terminal at aero bridge

It can turn, but not reverse...not moving with the back, have u seen?
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by pat1612(m): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2018
Nwakannaya1:

It goes back for short distance before turning i guess towards runway. Ok lets me check again when i travel in December i will make a video for you grin
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Nwakannaya1: 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
[quote author=pat1612 post=73004648]
It goes back for short distance before turning i guess towards runway. Ok lets me check again when i travel in December i will make a video for you grin[/quote grin grin grin grin
OK oooo
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by OyinbowithaTan(m): 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Tenerife is in Spain!

A few month back an Air Canada jet almost landed on top of multiple airliners, loaded with passengers, that were on the Taxiway. Air Canada pilot thought the Taxiway was the runway. San Francisco night approach. It would haven been Tenerife 2.0
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by montumonami(m): 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
grin This is a video from 24 of Jack Bawa... I forgot the spelling
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Ranchhoddas: 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
OyinbowithaTan:

A few month back an Air Canada jet almost landed on top of multiple airliners, loaded with passengers, that were on the Taxiway. Air Canada pilot thought the Taxiway was the runway. San Francisco night approach. It would haven been Tenerife 2.0
Thank God that did not happen.

Would have been a serious disaster!

1 Like

Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by OyinbowithaTan(m): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ranchhoddas:

Thank God that did not happen.

Would have been a serious disaster!

It was really close. The pilot pulled up not much more than 50' from impact. It would have been an epic disaster.
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by Baronnaire: 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
Stage managed act.
Listen very well and you'll hear the clicking of cameras at that moment over elevation and the conversation... cool
Re: Moment A Plane Is Forced To Abort Landing After Another Plane Appeared On Runway by AbouNazir(m): 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Nwakannaya1:

A plane can reverse. I have boarded planes that reversed from the terminal before navigating to the runway. I didn't just see, I experienced.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics : Ship On Fire In Lagos / Woman Crushed To Death By Speeding Truck During Rescue Operation In Ogun. / Ahmed Mazloum Represents Nigeria On Kilimanjaro Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.