Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

Bullet Proof Herbalist Captures Two Armed Robbers In Igboukwu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bullet Proof Herbalist Captures Two Armed Robbers In Igboukwu (279 Views)

Armed Robbers Attacked Me! I Declared Myself A CHOSEN! They Left Me. / Herbalist Kwaku Bonsam Enters Church To Collect His Juju From Pastor / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bullet Proof Herbalist Captures Two Armed Robbers In Igboukwu by Spiritscience(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2018
Bullet proof herbalist captures two armed robbers in Igboukwu

By O’star Eze

Uchechukwu Ezekoye and Chukwudi Emmanuel Okeke, both allegedly from Ekwulobia, were allegedly caught recently by a native herbalist who claimed that he was shot at by the robbery suspects but the bullet did not penetrate his body.

Onyebuchi Okeke is from Ezihu, Etiti N’abo, Igboukwu, popular known as ijenwata; a 41 year old herbalist who said he inherited it from his father; Okeke Nwuba Ezesehaa Ozo, a soothsayer and priest in Igboukwu,

Narrating his experience that led to the capture of the duo, Ijenwata said that he had gone to withdraw some money which some persons had paid into his account which he was asked to withdraw and give to their people. On his way back from Union Bank just as he parked in front of his home, he was intercepted by two young men in a bike. The boys demanded for the money from him. He denied he had any money with him insisted they had not given him any money to keep for them.

“I started struggling with them. The fair one pointed a gun at me and the one riding the bike jumped from the bike into my car to take the money. I pulled him from the car and struck him on the ground. I fell on top of him and struck him with several blows. The man with the gun pointed the gun at me and shot me on the foot.

“When he shot me, I leaped from the dark one I was holding down and stamped my foot on the ground. It turned out that the God of heaven and Mother Earth did not allow the bullet to penetrate my foot.

“I rushed the one with the gun and I rushed that one with the gun but he fled. I turned at the dark one who had rushed to his bike to speed off but I pulled him down and struck him again but he took flight.

The herbalist said that by then some young men in his place waiting to be attended to, who heard the gunshot had rushed out to the scene with clubs and machetes and when they saw the duo in flight and pursued after them.

“They got caught and were handed over to the Divisional Police Station, Ekwulobia, alongside their gun,” he said.

He also disclosed that the duo alongside the gun had been handed over to Special Anti Robbery Squad, SARS, Awkuzu, for further interrogation.

He alleged that the duo were said to be notorious armed robbers in Aguata LGA and the environs and are building hostels and hotels from their robbery proceeds.

Corroborating the story, one of Ijenwata’s attendants, Elochukwu Uzoezie said that he was coming back from his house after taking his bath when he saw his master returning home in his car.

“I saw two men on a bike intercept his car as he parked. At first I thought they were prospective clients of Ijenwata. However, by the time I got close; I hear gunshots so I leaped into a bush and hid. It was from there that I saw the duo fleeing with some persons on hot pursuit,” he said.

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Haruna Mohammed said that two robbery suspects were caught in Aguata and handed over to Awkuzu SARS.

“The two robbery suspects are still under custody and investigations are still ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding their arrest,” he said.

He however dissociated himself from the claims of the herbalist saying that the police are yet to confirm his claim of resisting bullet.

Source: https://orientdailynews.com.ng/crime/bullet-proof-herbalist-captures-armed/

(1) (Reply)

Perpetual Novena In Honour Of Our Lady Of The Miraculous Medal / Please Help With This Dream / Mercy Versus Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.