Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name (39683 Views)

Magnito, Kenny Blaq, Styl-plus, Tonto Dikeh, Others Storm Comedy And Lifestyle / 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name / Tunde Akinsanmi (Styl-Plus) His Wife And Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by flyingdutchman(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
fikiman7000:

Disbanded since 2012 or something bro
Wrong. Spoke to Shifi recently. Yeah...they are still on. And it wasn't cos Tunde left that they are struggling. Its because naija music changed direction. The general appeal now is dance and party beat-ladden songs.

3 Likes

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2018
so 4 yrs don waka. .una still dey carry go...it's now more than 4yrs n.a. him una won come go solo......if siblings like square go break, how much more una....well I can't remember wen last una song dey sell sef
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Nature8(m): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
Nbote:
Dis guys rocked and RUNAWAY with OLUFUNMI dat year until 4 YEARS waka and dey decided to eat from IYA BASIRA and neva STAYed ALIVE again ever since..

Genius
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by naptu2: 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ishilove:
I didn't even know the group was still functional.

They split up at a point and came back together, but he left the group since 2016 or early 2017. I think the reason for the extra publicity at the moment is simply because he wants to launch his solo career but it's public knowledge that he left a long time ago. The othee two members have been performing as a duo for a while.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by waxyung(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hin just dey disturb himself. If he like let him change brain sef

1 Like

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Triniti(m): 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2018
Shifi is the lead vocalist not tunde

4 Likes

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Blessedpikin(m): 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
Why you waste time? Let's see what you got solo now.

4 years don waka but una still dey carry go....

Now 8 years don Waka and Buhari is now the president and una no dey carry go again.... grin grin

Cure Your Pimples Permanently Now
Nice dp

1 Like

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by NwaliE01: 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2018
I am still rocking my style plus music. The team were awesome.Tunde still need others if you ask me[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by TruthHurts100: 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2018
unclesoyo:
Tunde Akinsanmi, lead vocalist of popular music group, Styl Plus, has officially dumped the band to pursue a solo career in music adapting the new name Tunde T Dot.

He made this announcement on Thursday at a news conference in Abuja.

Tunde, who disclosed that he was now signed onto PEC records in solo capacity, said he no longer wished to be known on stage as Tunde Styl Plus, but Tunde T Dot.

According to him, the decision to change the name was based on the need to pick a name that would reflect his new direction as a solo entity in entertainment.

“I have never really had a stage name. It has always been ‘Tunde Styl Plus’ which obviously was because I was part of a group. So, going forward, I would like to be referred to as Tunde T Dot,” he said.

Explaining his reason for dumping the award-winning Styl Plus, Tunde said:

“I stopped performing with Shifi and Zeal (of Styl Plus) in 2012 over lots of disagreements back then. It was such that we no longer talked to each other. Over the years, we have come to terms with our new positions.”

He, however, assured his fans that his going solo does not foreclose the possibility of working with his former band mates, albeit in a new arrangement.

“All that ‘beef’ (quarrel) has been quashed. We are looking at the possibility of a reunion in the future in what may be described as a super group.”

https://lailasnews.com/tunde-dumps-styl-plus-goes-solo-with-new-name-tunde-t-dot

Stupid name. Not unique. Not marketable. Not brand able. Too local.
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
DOA.. This guy is too slow & wouldn't be able to move with the times. Leave music alone. No be by force abeg.. Move on
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by TheDiamonds: 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
grin grin grin
potent5:
Which kain name be this? Sounds like "Tunde the idiot". How can...
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by madjune(m): 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
Just a question.

Why do you want to go solo after thinking over it for 15yrs?

Hotel full Abuja.
Three of you suppose be DJ for hotels right now and not solo whatever.
Your time in the music game has long passed.

1 Like

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Jeffy1206(m): 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Is he the lead vocalist or shifi undecided
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Digicoz(m): 12:04am On Nov 16, 2018
Lol
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by kennicus(m): 1:11am On Nov 16, 2018
Tunde Ednut or Tunde Q.dot would be great........ I didn't even remember these guys undecided undecided nawa ooo
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by tintedniggz(m): 2:50am On Nov 16, 2018
Nbote:
Dis guys rocked and RUNAWAY with OLUFUNMI dat year until 4 YEARS waka and dey decided to eat from IYA BASIRA and neva STAYed ALIVE again ever since..
IMAGINE THAT shocked

1 Like

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by justhenry(m): 3:17am On Nov 16, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
smiley
Tunde, Shifi and Zeal
How about "Mekoyo"
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 16, 2018
laurel03:
Don't let me say its too late...
it has never been too late ask KFC founder

1 Like

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Teejay13(m): 4:07am On Nov 16, 2018
Envy m4 Notebook PC 15.6"

Note: One of the keyboard keys is out, but does not affect the performance of the keyboard.see image for more details.

| HDD : 500GB | Ram: 4GB | Processor type : Intel(R) core i5-3210M | Processor speed : 2.50GHz | 3 USB | HDMI | thumb print | keyboard light | Battery : 5-6 Hours |
Price : 63,000 | speaker by Beats audio |
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by yinnyme(m): 5:43am On Nov 16, 2018
unclesoyo:
Tunde Akinsanmi, lead vocalist of popular music group, Styl Plus, has officially dumped the band to pursue a solo career in music adapting the new name Tunde T Dot.

Tunde, who disclosed that he was now signed onto PEC records in solo capacity, said he no longer wished to be known on stage as Tunde Styl Plus, but Tunde T Dot.

According to him, the decision to change the name was based on the need to pick a name that would reflect his new direction as a solo entity in entertainment.

“I have never really had a stage name. It has always been ‘Tunde Styl Plus’ which obviously was because I was part of a group. So, going forward, I would like to be referred to as Tunde T Dot,” he said.

“I stopped performing with Shifi and Zeal (of Styl Plus) in 2012 over lots of disagreements back then. It was such that we no longer talked to each other. Over the years, we have come to terms with our new positions.”

He, however, assured his fans that his going solo does not foreclose the possibility of working with his former band mates, albeit in a new arrangement.

“All that ‘beef’ (quarrel) has been quashed. We are looking at the possibility of a reunion in the future in what may be described as a super group.”

https://lailasnews.com/tunde-dumps-styl-plus-goes-solo-with-new-name-tunde-t-dot

Nobody Waka nobody go solo BABA God oo........
If Twins can go solo who can't? Best of luck my brother, no time to waste, I pray you make it early like Tuface.
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by SURElee(f): 6:20am On Nov 16, 2018
Style plus don die since Na. But was tunde the lead vocalist of that group? Why were they always fronting Shifi like he was their local vocalist then? Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by SURElee(f): 6:22am On Nov 16, 2018
justhenry:
How about "Mekoyo"

Mekoyo and Sunkky abi wetin wetin be him name, Sha Sukanmi joor.
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Titugirl(f): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2018
So its now Syl plus...I used to be a big fan of these guys back in the days.
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by peacettw: 6:38am On Nov 16, 2018
bettercreature:
He did about 15 years ago if i can remember

This. He left the group a long time ago. Don't know why they are making it sound like it is recent thing.

3 Likes

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Aystarz: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2018
kstyle2:
These dudes really killed us with soft flows

Yea... emasculated alot of hard-core men back in the day grin
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by zedman1(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2018
bettercreature:
He did about 15 years ago if i can remember
I wonder. How many times is he going solo? Listened to a few of his solos and I wasn't a bit impressed. This article states he was the lead vocalist, sure?

1 Like

Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
kiss best group in the history of africa after P square
Ogbeni,where you put plantashun boys biko
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by tolexy007(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2018
neolboy:
Dead before arrival
Se na u wan kill am b4 its arrival?....
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by neolboy(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2018
tolexy007:

You don reach here?
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by neolboy(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2018
tolexy007:

You don reach here?
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by neolboy(m): 7:57am On Nov 16, 2018
Gbemishile1:

Ogbeni,where you put plantashun boys biko

You sure say the guy know Plantashun boys even Remedies during their period sabi sing pass dem Styl-P
Re: Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name by bigtt76(f): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2018
He's late to the party cheesy

unclesoyo:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido, Sina Rambo, Asa Asika, Bred And Peju's Throwback Photo / Destiny Amaka, Cool FM OAP Defends AMVCA Boobs Revealing Outfit - Pics / Peter Okoye And Wife, Lola With Jidenna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.