Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Am In Love With Unlovable, - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Am In Love With Unlovable, (1154 Views)

Fell In Love With A Ghost(pictures) / He's My Brother's Best Friend. So Why Am I In Love? / In Love With A Goddess (Please Criticize this poem ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am In Love With Unlovable, by Yusufadeto(m): 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2007
AM IN LOVE WITH UNLOVABLE,

Why is it that nature does his things this way?

Maybe it’s meant to be this way,

Or it’s destined to be this way but it will only be possible if it’s destined to be,

Why is it that I have deep feeling for unlovable?

Maybe is because we have something in common and because she is sweet and decent,

I don’t know what others think of her but she is totally a different being to me,

She always captured me and catches my attention, whenever we meet coincidentally,

Why is it that the feelings cannot be wiped away?

Even though I tried all my possible best to forget about her,

The feelings is just getting deep and a lot deeper each time I see her,

And she is becoming irresistible,

To the extent that I always want to see her each and every moment,

And with the pretty smile on her face,

Why can’t she be someone else?

Why can’t I have same feelings and same affection, and happiness I always feel for her with someone else?

Why did nature get me closer to her even when she is unlovable?

Maybe that is how we destined to meet,

How did I even get to the situation that make her unlovable?

How I wish she were lovable to me, so that I will be able to express my feelings,

I don’t even know how she will take it when I express my feelings for her,

I don’t know how she will take it,

Whether she will be happy or feel so disappoint about me,
How I wish I could have same feelings for someone who’s is lovable and as sweet as she’s,

I wish the unlovable might as well think about me as well,

But the connection is somehow wrong,

I hope and I wish I could forget about her,

Or for God to make miracle happen sometimes,

Anyway it may happen to make her feel same way about me,

Or to let me have her for myself,

And I hope and I wish she could be mine for the rest of my life,

Am sure it will be a dream comes true for both of us.

31st December 2006
Composed by: Adetona Yusuf
Inspired by a friend
Re: Am In Love With Unlovable, by Yusufadeto(m): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2007
how can i forget about the unlovable?
Re: Am In Love With Unlovable, by RuuDie(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2007
well. . . . . the "feeling" is there alright, but its not enough to have the "feeling" and then pour it all out on paper with the first few words that come to your head.
you have to polish your work so that it the end product looks, feels and sounds good!
your choice of words are simple, which is good, but somewhat limited. . . so at time, its like you're repeating some of 'em lines and if you do look at this closely, you'll see that some of those lines do look very identical! consistency's lost along the way.
the poem would'a looked a lot better if you'd broke it up into li'l verses. . . keep it up 'n you can only get better man!

(1) (Reply)

Nightrider / Is It Any Wonder I Love You? / crying voices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.