Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,022 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

What Exactly Can Be The Causes Of Depression In Our Society Today? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Exactly Can Be The Causes Of Depression In Our Society Today? (345 Views)

How Exactly Can Enlarged Prostrate (BPH) Be Corrected / What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? / Rhesus Factor Incompatibility, One Of The Causes Of Miscarriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Can Be The Causes Of Depression In Our Society Today? by mezeadichie: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
WHAT EXACTLY CAN BE THE CAUSES OF DEPRESSION IN OUR SOCIETY TODAY?
I have watch people go in and out of depression and I keep wondering, what can we do as a people to help others going through this sickness? According to research, 22% of Nigerians suffer chronic depression, the question is, what are the causes of depression in our society? What are the economic outcomes?

Can depression be as a result of the death of a loved one? Or a broken relationship/marriage. How about career failure? There are a lot of questions that can be asked. How do you get people to understand that there’s always light at the end of the tunnel?

I did a movie 2 years ago about sex addiction which is also a major attribute of depression and to my greatest shock, many Nigerians between the ages of 5-14 have been sexually molested either by family members or school teachers.

And now in this era of social media, there’s a lot of lies and deception going on. People are trying so hard to be what they’re not, leaving the masses following them in a state of confusion as to whether their own lives are worthless.

There are people on the internet today who just feels the life of a person on Social Media with more likes and comment is better than theirs. The purpose of this write up is to encourage people going through anything in life to remember that we can get through anything together. So I’ll be posting every day about how we can live a very easy and simple life without stressing or pressuring ourselves about things that are not going to last forever. And I’ll also be interviewing people to see if they can share their experiences with us.

https://esthereyibio.com/what-exactly-can-be-the-causes-of-depression-in-our-society-today/

Here is link to the official website : https://esthereyibio.com/
Re: What Exactly Can Be The Causes Of Depression In Our Society Today? by GOFRONT(m): 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
Disappointment by the APC...As I'm typing this, I'm feeling depressed. I wan go toilet

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Can Be The Causes Of Depression In Our Society Today? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
Those ills used to exist before now, but there was less depression, actually.

There is something going on in our ionosphere, spikes of high wavelength frequences that causes fluctuations on the Schumann Resonance of the planet, and that affects the human energy field and the heart.

Proper knowledge of this is why the smarter people are building Faraday Cages and monitoring the schumann resonance charts and try to control their mood swings.

It affects us all, many people are just able to handle it, others know when it will happen and protect themselves daily. Our planet is undergoing very rapid changes.
Re: What Exactly Can Be The Causes Of Depression In Our Society Today? by donbachi(m): 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2018
Lack or lost of self-confidence and failure to understand the difference between exiting as a human being and living as human being.
Re: What Exactly Can Be The Causes Of Depression In Our Society Today? by okwabayi(m): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2018
From the write up I can see little falters in self confidence set people up for destructive paths.
I don’t know, though. I believe depression has existed way longer than we realized.
It is only rampant now either because technology keeps us up to date faster than before or people have lost touch on how to empathize with others.
In times past when everything was done face to face depressed people still existed, only less.

(1) (Reply)

Veneral Disease Treatment / Incomplete content / Satisfied Your Woman Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.