Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa (17047 Views)

"We Will Cage The Super Eagles Attack" - Cote D'ivoire Coach, Gasset / Oshimen Out, Dennis Out- Who Should Lead The Attack Of The Super Eagles At Afcon / Lampard Comforted With Clean Sheet Agaist Sevilla Stalemate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by henryhemon(m): 4:54am On Nov 16, 2018
coonett87:
We ain't lucky this time as per our injury list. Ighalo, Ndidi, Onazi, Mikel and Uzoho all injured. Now it's between Musa, Iheanacho, Simeon n co to man the attack but I hope Alex and Iheanacho fights back to get this WIN but draw won't be a bad thing than losing. Up Naija!!

Didn't isn't injured Mikel has been out of the team before injury,and we played well without onazi.
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by ugolinze123(m): 4:59am On Nov 16, 2018
It's really hard to spot a reasonable mind again on nairaland...just kids everywhere. The op asked a question its either you answer or shut ur smelly gutter up.....
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by daben1(m): 5:18am On Nov 16, 2018
pussyAvenger:
future hope....l once played a club with a similar name
this one talking about is in Abia state
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by Franking: 5:54am On Nov 16, 2018
dejavubobo1:
sime nwankwo, but ighalo babalawo doing a gr8 job keeping rohr's eyes on him.
Ighalo central Ahmed musa & kalu on d wings

Did u make any effort to even read the article?
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:07am On Nov 16, 2018
Na me
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by Aystarz: 6:35am On Nov 16, 2018
coonett87:
We ain't lucky this time as per our injury list. Ighalo, Ndidi, Onazi, Mikel and Uzoho all injured. Now it's between Musa, Iheanacho, Simeon n co to man the attack but I hope Alex and Iheanacho fights back to get this WIN but draw won't be a bad thing than losing. Up Naija!!

Ndidi isn't injured ; only disqualified after bagging two yellows.

Onazi and Mikel aren't either.
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by Aystarz: 6:40am On Nov 16, 2018
BluntBoy:
I am more bothered about who will man the goalpost. From Rohr's most recent interview, it appears like he would be choosing Akpeye.

I am never comfortable with that Akpeye.

Nah change your sources dude. Ezenwa has the nod.
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by AnalQueenluci: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2018
henryhemon:

Didn't isn't injured Mikel has been out of the team before injury,and we played well without onazi.
ur english is terrible
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by princfred(m): 7:23am On Nov 16, 2018
Kalu.
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by tollyak47(m): 7:51am On Nov 16, 2018
nwako nah
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by robosky02(m): 8:17am On Nov 16, 2018
ShedrachU:
Remove Alex he is now our natural 10. i will prefer a 442 formation. Onyekuru and Osimhen upfront.
its really time for Onyekuru and Osimhen to proof their stake in super eagles
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by SureBETarena: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2018
robosky02:
Let's go there

The strikers we have available for selection are.

Kelechi Iheanacho,
Moses Simon,
Victor Osimhen,
Henry Onyekuru,
Alex Iwobi,
Isaac Success and
Samuel Chukwueze.
Henry Onyekuru is better than all the strikers as a point man.
Iwobi should play behind Henry in the attacking midfield role to help stretch the Bafana Bafana defence.
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by kingovie12(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2018
Ronaldo grin
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by robosky02(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2018
BluntBoy:
I am more bothered about who will man the goalpost. From Rohr's most recent interview, it appears like he would be choosing Akpeye.

I am never comfortable with that Akpeye.
akpeyi the one that made us lose the first time

They know his weakness no way

Give us ezenwa
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by pagorino(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2018
dejavubobo1:
sime nwankwo, but ighalo babalawo doing a gr8 job keeping rohr's eyes on him.
Ighalo central Ahmed musa & kalu on d wings
ighalo is injured. He is out
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by Ofoka123(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2018
Adams oshiomole
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by robosky02(m): 8:48am On Nov 16, 2018
SureBETarena:
Henry Onyekuru is better than all the strikers as a point man.
Iwobi should play behind Henry in the attacking midfield role to help stretch the Bafana Bafana defence.

Yea he has been knocking on the super eagles door
And now he has all the chance to stake a claim to the number 9 jersey

But who is henry onyekuru?

Here are things to know about the forward who replaced Odion Ighalo for the AFCON qualifier against South Africa.

Henry Onyekuru is expected to stake a claim for a starting spot in the Super Eagles following the injury to Chanchung Yatai forward Odion Ighalo.
Here are five things to know about Henry Onyekuru
1.    Henry Onyekuru is 21-years-old
Born in Onitsha,  Anambra Nigeria on  June,  5 1997 Henry Chukwuemeka Onyekuru is 21-years-old.

2.   Previous clubs
Henry Onyekuru began his youth career with Qatar independent government-funded agency Aspire Academy in 2010 after he was discovered in Nigeria.

» more Onyeukuru started his career at Aspore Academy before moving to Eupen  (Squawka)
Henry developed his skills while at the Academy which also getting educated from 2010 till 2015.

Unlike most Nigerian footballers who may have played in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) before their departure to Europe Onyekuru was able to achieve the feat from his academy in Qatar.

His first move to a European club side was to Belgian First Division A side K.A.S. Eupen in 2015.

It was at Eupen he had his first season a professional footballer and helped them get the promotion to the first division.

His second season with Eupen saw him become a breakout star in Europe where he produced an outstanding campaign with over 20 goals which saw several clubs interested in his signature after his impressive performances compared to Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe.

He earned a move to Premier League giants Everton in 2017 for £7 million but was unable to get a work permit and was loaned back to Belgian heavyweights Anderlecht to continue his development.

Henry Onyekuru stats

After a severe injury which ruled him out of action for the second half of his loan spell, he returned to Everton for treatment.

He regained full fitness but was then loaned out to Turkish Super Lig outfit Galatasaray for the 2018/19 season.

3. Onyekuru and Nigeria
Born in Nigeria, Onyekuru did not have a youth or professional career before he left the shores of the country to the Aspire Academy.

There are reports however that he was supposed to be part of the Golden Eaglets team that won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Qatar as he participated in training with them but was dropped for Leicester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho who was voted the best player of the tournament.

He did not represent Nigeria at U-20 and U-23 level either as he was still developing his game as a professional footballer at the Aspire Academy.

There were reports that he could change his allegiance to represent Qatar who are preparing to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

He, however, got his first invitation to the national team under Gernot Rohr for an international friendly win against Togo which he featured.

He was called up for a qualifier against Algeria and friendly game against Argentina but would eventually miss out of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia due to a long-term injury suffered in his second season at Anderlecht.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by alklas(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2018
buhari n atiku cheesy
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by BluntBoy(m): 10:21am On Nov 16, 2018
robosky02:
akpeyi the one that made us lose the first time

They know his weakness no way

Give us ezenwa

You know how Rohr is. He has begun to talk about how Akpeyi knows South Africa better than others. That is why I am scared that Rohr may choose Akpeyi.
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by BluntBoy(m): 10:24am On Nov 16, 2018
Aystarz:

Nah change your sources dude. Ezenwa has the nod.

Ezenwa is out of the question. He has not been playing for his club for a long time now. It is between Akpeyi and Theophilus Afelokhai.

Rohr has been saying a lot of good things about Akpeyi, so I am scared he would choose Akpeyi.
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by henryhemon(m): 2:09am On Nov 17, 2018
AnalQueenluci:
ur english is terrible

grin :DThat was intentional girl. Go through my posts.
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by AnalQueenluci: 9:11am On Nov 17, 2018
henryhemon:

grin :DThat was intentional girl. Go through my posts.
if i hear
Re: Who Should Lead The Super Eagles Attack Agaist South Africa by henryhemon(m): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2018
AnalQueenluci:
if i hear

As you 've heard.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Score 2 Own Goals For The First Time In A Premier League Game / Official Thread For The Nigeria National League (NNL). / AC Milan Kicked Out Of Europa League For FFP Breaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.