Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" (479 Views)

Pastor Enenche Meets Vera Anyim, Says He Never Intended To Embarrass Her / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) / Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6393821/Zayn-Malik-reveals-no-longer-identifies-Muslim.html

Zayn Malik has confirmed he no longer identifies as Muslim in a new interview.

Speaking to British Vogue, the former One Direction singer, 25, said he is not a practicing Muslim anymore and no longer believes in 'any' of the religion.

He told the publication: 'I'm not professed to be a Muslim' and when asked if he would consider himself to be Muslim, he responded: 'No, I wouldn't.'

The singer added although he had a 'spiritual belief' of a god, that he did not endorse Islam religious practices such as daily prayer and eating halal meat.

It has sparked a backlash on social media from fans who have said they are 'ashamed' of the star and criticised him for 'mocking' the religion

He said: 'I don’t believe you need to eat a certain meat that’s been prayed over a certain way, I don’t believe you need to read a prayer in a certain language five times a day.

'I don’t believe any of it. I just believe if you’re a good person everything is going to go right for you

The star said that it was 'really easy' for him to drop the religion with his family, after previously attending mosque and studying Islam while growing up.

He said his parents had always given him and his siblings the option to choose for themselves, and added that was pleased to have built his life around Islam.

cc;

seun,
Lalasticlala,
mynd44,
Ishilove,
Semid4lyfe,
dominique,
Obinoscopy.
Re: One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" by GOFRONT(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2018
Wat
Re: One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" by Ever8054: 10:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
who will not denounce a religion that believe in killing for fun....?... the distance between Islam and peace....

1 Like

Re: One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
They are coming for you - they will declare fatwa on your head. consider yourself dead bro!

you should av just keep it yourself instead coming public with it.

UK government cant even protect you from them cause they have almost taken over that nation.
Re: One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
This boy really wants to progress in life.

Welcome development.

Only if Nigeria as a nation wanted progress like Zayn.

Even Lagos state has stopped working since pupils started wearing Hijab.
Re: One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 12:09am On Nov 16, 2018
Mrchippychappy:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6393821/Zayn-Malik-reveals-no-longer-identifies-Muslim.html

Zayn Malik has confirmed he no longer identifies as Muslim in a new interview.

Speaking to British Vogue, the former One Direction singer, 25, said he is not a practicing Muslim anymore and no longer believes in 'any' of the religion.

He told the publication: 'I'm not professed to be a Muslim' and when asked if he would consider himself to be Muslim, he responded: 'No, I wouldn't.'

The singer added although he had a 'spiritual belief' of a god, that he did not endorse Islam religious practices such as daily prayer and eating halal meat.

It has sparked a backlash on social media from fans who have said they are 'ashamed' of the star and criticised him for 'mocking' the religion

He said: 'I don’t believe you need to eat a certain meat that’s been prayed over a certain way, I don’t believe you need to read a prayer in a certain language five times a day.

'I don’t believe any of it. I just believe if you’re a good person everything is going to go right for you

The star said that it was 'really easy' for him to drop the religion with his family, after previously attending mosque and studying Islam while growing up.

He said his parents had always given him and his siblings the option to choose for themselves, and added that was pleased to have built his life around Islam.

cc;

seun,
Lalasticlala,
mynd44,
Ishilove,
Semid4lyfe,
dominique,
Obinoscopy.
so who will deflower your reserved 72 virgins?? cry cry cry
Re: One Direction's Zayn Malik Denounces Islam, Says "He No Longer 'believes Any Of" by desiignerr: 2:45am On Nov 16, 2018
grin SHarpguy

Decamping from blood like APC decampers grin

(1) (Reply)

Virgin Mary Statue Filmed Weeping Blood For The 38th Time / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Seeing Yourself Riding A Horse? / Should Atheists Speak Out Against Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.