Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! (2898 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / NFF Names Samson Siasia As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by bishoprccg(m): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2010
Samson Siasia has been provisionally appointed as the new Super Eagles coach after Lars Lagerback failed to pen down a new deal with the Nigeria Football Federarion.
NFF president- Aminu Maigari was quoted extensively by Nigeria local media as saying that the Swede had turned down the offer of a new deal and former striker Samson Siasia had been offered the job.
This brings to an end continous media speculation as to who will lead the re-branded Super Eagles during the African Nations Cup qualifiers billed to commence in September.
Samson Siasia who is presently with Heartland of Owerri, is expected to sign a formal contract next week, before been presented to the media.

www.naijamillionaire.com

Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by ice234: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2010
wat an armature coach
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2010
I prefer Largerback to this Over-aged-player-carrying, silver medal under-achiever.

Who wants to bet that he wont last up till the next nations cup in 2012
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by ice234: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2010
he is always second best
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2010
He loves silverwares and stainless steel.
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by ice234: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2010
lol
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by Rhydem: 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2010
You guys, haba, you dey complain when team don't achieve, then you complain when team achieve silver medal.

I bet you dey complain if we win gold medal sef.
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by bishoprccg(m): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2010
its unfortunate that we don't celebrate our own. What Siasia has achieved in his short but memorable career is orth celebrating. Whether its Silver, its still something. How many of our local coach can do that?
Pls lets stop been sentimental and support this guy.

www.naijamillionaire.com
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:18am On Jul 25, 2010
Celebrate silver medal?!! Upon say ehn get the upper hand with over-aged boys ehn still carry silver. Them curse am with silver medal?? Go NFF office for Abuja, them wan carry some of the silver give Central bank make them use mint one naira coins.
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by bishoprccg(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2010
@Okija_Juju what do you have against Siasia. pls relax and give him a chance
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by Akainzo(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2010
Silver Medal winning? Yes, that is the hallmark of a good coach.

How many of you would not have settled for Silver medal at the last Nations Cup or even the World Cup?
The other foreign coaches, what have they all achieved? Other than the Westerhoff ACN in 94 and Bonfrere Jo Gold in 1996, which of them have gotten this nation a silver medal? which one?

What I admire about Siasia is his work ethics and his belief in his own self worth. Maybe, we should start asking ourselves why the NFF have always overlooked him even when he always comes first in their interviews?
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2010
The hallmark of a good coach is Gold!! Not silverware.

Nigerians are better off leaving in the group stages of the Nations cup rather than come home with their traditional bronze and silver medal. Go check history, na we get the highest number of bronze medal for Nations cup.

White men either give you gold or nothing.

What you should admire is his work, but ethics?!! No!! Taking over-aged players to an age-grade tournament and coming out with silver isnt impressive at all.
If bonfere takes over-aged players to the under-17 tournament, best believe he is bringing us Gold.

That said, I like Siasia as a person, I respect his technical abilities as a coach using over aged players, but the senior team is a different ball game. The just concluded world cup proves it.

Give us a white boy, White boys win gold.
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2010
Okija_juju:

That said, I like Siasia as a person, I respect his technical abilities as a coach using over aged players, but the senior team is a different ball game. The just concluded world cup proves it.

Give us a white boy, White boys win gold.

And Lagerback,Vogts,Bora over the past 12 years have brought us gold,abi?
Be objective in your reasoning,abeg.
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by Akainzo(m): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Okija,

I guess all the teams that left at the group stages at the tournaments that Siasia won Silver were all blacks? grin

And come to think of it, how many Gold did Bonfrere Jo win at the Nations cup for us? Or Vogts or Bora or even Lagerback? Start reasoning objectively and get to have a belief in people rather than the colour of their skins.
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by deb(m): 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
eew! Who can please Nigerians? I guess nobody
The guy has not even started work
Re: Nff Appoints Samson Siasia As New Super Eagles! by mamagee3(f): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2010
Finally, Siasia would make us victorious once again.

Good riddance to Lars Lagerback, we need a coach that's Nigerian not a foreigner.

I wonder what NFF were thinking in the first place before appointing him as coach.

(1) (Reply)

2014 World Cup: 25 French-born Players Play AGAINST France! / The Top 10 Most Gentle Players On The Pitch / Lionel Messi And Girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo Welcome New Baby Boy, Mateo Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.