Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? (4139 Views)

Phone Manufacturers Are Removing The 3.5mm Earpiece Port. What Do You Think? / Companies that mocked Apple for removing the charger, will do the same now / Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by OneGeek(m): 8:54am On Nov 17, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
Thats one thing i dont like about apple, those guys dont consider the desires of their fans just to keep making huge profits, when they replaced the home fingerprint scanner with face ID in iphone x, many of their fans were clamouring for in display(on screen) fingerprint scanner on the next set of iphones to be released, but hell no apple wont give them that, probably because that would reduce the huge profits they make a little!!!
someone once said Apple would only give you what it 'thinks' you 'need' in a phone, for a price. I'm okay with that except for the 'for a price' part.
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by OneGeek(m): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2018
Olodo24:
staying away from the notch trend isn't anything to applaud. It means they're not up to date because surely, they'll dive into it someday and it'll be stale by then. see how Nokia ignored Android when they had the opportunity of setting the Android pace but still ran back to it in order to keep up with the competition when it had become nothing special. There's nothing better than going with a development when it's the in thing.

Do you know many people that are ready to spend a lot on a phone just to feel what notch truly represents?
you don't seem to know that Samsung stands for everything thats NOT Apple. Observe tech trends between the two from 2015, you'll see that Samsung will never release a notched flagship. They literally survive by doing the stark opposite of what Apple does.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by OneGeek(m): 9:19am On Nov 17, 2018
zeanslim:
Wireless ear bud have too many disadvantages.

1)Too expensive.

2)Easily damaged or misplaced.

3)Needs charging , a low headphone ..means no music for you.

4)Doesn't support backwards compatibility I.e You can't easily connect it to older technology like aux that requires a headphone Jack to work.

5)Not flexible, you may need an extra dongle which you will also pay for to have an headphone Jack feature.

6)Audio output quality is still below par compared to a wired headphone.

7)kills your phone battery faster via it's Bluetooth technology which kinda crush the idea of removing the headphone Jack for a larger battery.

coolLastly ..it's not fancy or new cause phones with the traditional headphone jack can still use a wireless headphone.

BEST GAMING PHONES TO PLAY GAMES SMOOTHLY

Verdict : It's a total trash and too early to be introduced.
darn right.
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by jaymichael(m): 9:27am On Nov 17, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
Very true, but u know the thing is Samsung, like apple, has established a strong ground in the hearts of consumers,so they dont "feel threatened" by not having a notch,just like apple not having dual sim card space for a long time but their fans just had to bear with that, come to think of it, one purpose of the notch was for beauty/asthetics and hell samsung flagships are still stunning without a notch!!!
I so agree with you. Those Samsung phones with their 3d curved are a beauty.
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by Maro4u(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2018
zeanslim:
Wireless ear bud have too many disadvantages.

1)Too expensive.

2)Easily damaged or misplaced.

3)Needs charging , a low headphone ..means no music for you.

4)Doesn't support backwards compatibility I.e You can't easily connect it to older technology like aux that requires a headphone Jack to work.

5)Not flexible, you may need an extra dongle which you will also pay for to have an headphone Jack feature.

6)Audio output quality is still below par compared to a wired headphone.

7)kills your phone battery faster via it's Bluetooth technology which kinda crush the idea of removing the headphone Jack for a larger battery.

coolLastly ..it's not fancy or new cause phones with the traditional headphone jack can still use a wireless headphone.

BEST GAMING PHONES TO PLAY GAMES SMOOTHLY

Verdict : It's a total trash and too early to be introduced.
6 n 7 is wrong
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2018
jaymichael:
I so agree with you. Those Samsung phones with their 3d curved are a beauty.
Beautiful curved screens is something that people are not thanking samsung enough for starting, now flagship phones from almost all phonemakers have a curved screen(huawei,nokia,xaiomi,htc, u name them) but they were singing praises to apple for the notch trend that apple themselves did not even start!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by zeanslim(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
Maro4u:
6 n 7 is wrong
Wrong!?
Okay what are your facts ?
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by dangoteinlaw: 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
Maro4u:
the simple fact is that they want more sales on their headset gadgets too, if u do ur research well phone manufacturers all have their different kinds of bluetooth headset with less sales cause of these wire earphones... After a confrence on the matter i guess their conclusion was to find different excuses to make we the customer have no choice than increase their sales on their different headphones brand as they do the needed advance mobile tech by scrapping out the earphone port. Good though
that's a big lie, technology is evolving daily and these things take up so much space in an already filled up device. Thats the same thing ppl like u said when the small sim card was invented,now everyone has gotten used to that and now they are even thinking of making a phone with no SIM slot @ all. If I was to even give preference, I will prefer everything from the earpiece to the mouth piece to be removed and make all the front and sides screen. Might seem wierd at first but we will surely adapt. I know apple will get there soon
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by dangoteinlaw: 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
Olodo24:
staying away from the notch trend isn't anything to applaud. It means they're not up to date because surely, they'll dive into it someday and it'll be stale by then. see how Nokia ignored Android when they had the opportunity of setting the Android pace but still ran back to it in order to keep up with the competition when it had become nothing special. There's nothing better than going with a development when it's the in thing.

Do you know many people that are ready to spend a lot on a phone just to feel what notch truly represents?
leave the guy to stay back in 1985, the notch tech was one of the best to ever happen to the phone tech world. Imagine putting a much more wider screen in a very small phone. That's genuis. For example I feel those earpiece and mouthpiece should even be shifted to the back and then make the full screen 100%.. that would be explicit.
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by Maro4u(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
that's a big lie, technology is evolving daily and these things take up so much space in an already filled up device. Thats the same thing ppl like u said when the small sim card was invented,now everyone has gotten used to that and now they are even thinking of making a phone with no SIM slot @ all. If I was to even give preference, I will prefer everything from the earpiece to the mouth piece to be removed and make all the front and sides screen. Might seem wierd at first but we will surely adapt. I know apple will get there soon
what is this one saying?
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by Maro4u(m): 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
zeanslim:

Wrong!?

Okay what are your facts ?
Headphones beats wired earphone hands down when it comes to sound quality go try the samsung level u headphone

2:- Gone are those days when bluetooth exhausts mobile battery, u can use an headphone 4 9 hours with bluetooth on, on my device i lost 10%battery jst listening to music through bluetooth headphones and answering calls on my hot 4pro 4 good 4hours 30mins
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by zeanslim(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2018
Maro4u:

Headphones beats wired earphone hands down when it comes to sound quality go try the samsung level u headphone

2:- Gone are those days when bluetooth exhausts mobile battery, u can use an headphone 4 9 hours with bluetooth on, on my device i lost 10%battery jst listening to music through bluetooth headphones and answering calls on my hot 4pro 4 good 4hours 30mins

1. Wireless headphones beat wired headphones ? This shows clearly you know little or nothing on audio. if that's so top studios and performing artists will not be using wired headphones. ..wireless still have a lot to meet up compared to a wired, this something to don't go about arguing on.

2. there is no prove of your statics being correct , although Bluetooth technology has evolved ..The Bluetooth radio still drains battery than a wired headphones.

for your information, I use both wireless headphones and wired.. I can easily tell you there is differences between both batteries as I listen to music for over 3hrs while my phone is on 5% and drops to 4% or sometimes remains 5% .. I dare not try that with the wireless.
Re: Why Are Most Phonemakers Removing The Headphone(Earpiece) Jack?? by Maro4u(m): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
zeanslim:

1. Wireless headphones beat wired headphones ? This shows clearly you know little or nothing on audio. if that's so top studios and performing artists will not be using wired headphones. ..wireless still have a lot to meet up compared to a wired, this something to don't go about arguing on.

2. there is no prove of your statics being correct , although Bluetooth technology has evolved ..The Bluetooth radio still drains battery than a wired headphones.

for your information, I use both wireless headphones and wired.. I can easily tell you there is differences between both batteries as I listen to music for over 3hrs while my phone is on 5% and drops to 4% or sometimes remains 5% .. I dare not try that with the wireless.
Guy u have not been to a real studio b4 i can see that. If thats ur excuse

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gravity For Twitter On Your S60 Phone Like Úßersocial For Blackberry!!!!!!!! / Pls How Can I Root My Tecno L9 Plus Without Using System. / Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 X 5g Specifications, Features, Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.