Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ios 12.1 Bug Discovered! Your Photos Are Not Really Safe! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ios 12.1 Bug Discovered! Your Photos Are Not Really Safe! (378 Views)

How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users / Google Bans 29 Apps That May Have Stolen Your Photos / Google Pixel 3 XL Photos Are Now Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ios 12.1 Bug Discovered! Your Photos Are Not Really Safe! by Tomjoetech: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
Forbes reports that two hackers came together to find this unique vulnerability in the Safari browser on Apple devices running iOS 12.1. However, the attack might not be limited to just photos. During the setup of the concerned iPhone, a photo had been deleted and remained on the disk. As it was the first file that the hackers found on the disk, it was used for the vulnerability demo. Thus, ios 12.1 might have some undiscovered loopholes, as this one one has been unmasked.
The two hackershttps://www.tomjoetech.net/2018/11/ios-121-bug-that-give-hackers-your.html, whose names are Richard Zhu and Amat Cama have earned themselves $50,000 for the attempted and successful hack of an iPhone X that allowed them to grab a photo that was supposed to have been deleted from the device. Right now, as Zhu and Cama proved, it’s possible for remote attackers to get access to the “recently deleted” photos. And the vulnerabilities that allowed them to do that will remain open until Apple issues patches.
The report goes on to explain that the bug was part of the JIT (just-in-time) compiler which is designed to make the iPhone faster by speeding up computer code compilation. In a “coffee shop scenario”, the two hackers managed to exploit this JIT compiler using an attack via a malicious Wi-Fi access point.
While Apple has been informed about this bug, it hasn't yet issued a resolution. The tech giant hasn't even released a statement yet, but we can expect that to happen soon given the popularity of this event.

Please read more tech and seo gists on my blog:
www.tomjoetech.net
I promise you'd love my contents!
I also have a growing youtube channel you can subscribe to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6XNgMmxas
Re: Ios 12.1 Bug Discovered! Your Photos Are Not Really Safe! by SteadyCoiner(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
How sure??
Re: Ios 12.1 Bug Discovered! Your Photos Are Not Really Safe! by Tomjoetech: 4:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
SteadyCoiner:
How sure??
Very sure bro. Visit the link to the post on my blog to see the source
Re: Ios 12.1 Bug Discovered! Your Photos Are Not Really Safe! by OneGeek(m): 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
Here we go again...

(1) (Reply)

The Best Photo Background Changer . / Oukitel U25 Pro Power Mediatek MT6739 And 64GB Storage / Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 For Sale For 25k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.