Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Nigeria!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria!!! (347 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria!!! by olajide8(m): 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
We live in interesting times, we are in a country where;

1. Corrupt people that have been charged and jailed for corruption get a slap on the wrist for this nefarious act

2. We live in a country where we celebrate corruption and make excuses for those that do the act- he is from my region or your region

3. We are in a country where we don't know how to fight corruption - because the so called fighters are also perpetuating the act of corruption

4. We are in a country where only the poor pay taxes- politicians and large business owners forge documents

5. We are in a country where parents on a salary of N90k a month send their children to schools where they pay over N600k per semester

6. We are in a country where pastors tell their followers to pray for breakthrough while they collect the proceeds of corruption as tithes from their followers

7. We are in a country where people legislate money for themselves and back it up with acts and laws

8. We are in a country where people would wake up and say the head of the FG is cloned - what absurdity

9. We are in a country where NLC would fight for their own pockets and say they are fighting for labour- how many nigerians are employed by the federal govt?

10. We are in a country where ASUU and strike are like 5 and 6, and they are the reasons why private universities are thriving

11. We are in a country where a lot of people are ignorant but believe they are intelligent in their ignorance

12. We are in a country where formal governors in jail on a sentence would appeal their jail sentences and our 'Courts" would reduce the sentence- Imagine a slap to morality

13. We are in a country where a common criminal kidnapper would be tagged "billionaire kidnapper" this is money he has been extorting from innocent people O!

14. We are in a country where, artists wake up and encourage young nigerians to buy laptops, sing the praises of yahoo - yahoo, to join the yahoo-yahoo train - fraud train.

I tire for una - our shame no get part 2

1 Like

Re: Nigeria!!! by olajide8(m): 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
We have set another record - it's about to enter the book of the greatest idiots of the century, how can a CJN say he forgot to declare his assets, from info we heard $900,000- while honest civil servants like my mother in the days when she was a civil servant started when she was promoted to level 12- till she reached 15 and she always made it a point to declare her assets - but a whole justice forgot- if it was me or any other nigerian - the same justice would sit and preside over this kind of offense leveled against me/us bah? - assuming I were a civil servant as if the law is selective meant for some and not meant for others - let's even assume, it goes through the due process all of them have been clamouring for, it would first be submitted to his office- would he be a judge in his own case? Secondly the judges that make up the NJC isn't it possible they maybe, all loyal to the CJN because he appointed them or approved the confirmations of a few offices. The apart it is certain the true reflection of the case, would be lost in translation - just like they are doing- a simple straight case admitted to by the same CJN is now being turned into a political and ethnic hounding

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hair Wonder Customer's Day Celebration / Mohammed Salah Named 2018 BBC African Footballer Of The Year / MUSIC :- Barry Jhay - Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.