Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Can You Buy This Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can You Buy This Car? (3141 Views)

Would You Buy This “tokunbo” Toy Car For N75, 000? / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Would You Buy This 2018 Toyota Century Car For N55 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Buy This Car? by laivwire(m): 8:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
I came across this ad on jiji. It's not mine and I dont mean to pass any opinion about the deal but can you spend about 1.2m on this ride if you have the cash?

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by danyCEO(m): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
Yes
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
That's a Porsche. Find out the cost of maintenance before you buy what will send you back to Daura Village.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 17, 2018
This slowly approaching the vintage status.

If he has any sense, he’ll keep the car, maintain and keep it clean and in years to come, he can auction it off at millions of dollars
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 17, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
That's a Porsche. Find out the cost of maintenance before you buy what will send you back to Daura Village.

Why not? Anyone buying this would not care about the cost of maintenance. And nobody buys this as a daily driver but a 2nd or 3rd car for occasional driving.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by laivwire(m): 9:13am On Nov 17, 2018
greenhulk:

Why not? Anyone buying this would not care about the cost of maintenance. And nobody buys this as a daily driver but a 2nd or 3rd car for occasional driving.
I feel Kareem's have finished this ride oh. Just look at the engine. Look at the environment where it's been fixed. personally I think it's beyond redemption.

I almost bought a 1999 Porsche 911 back in 2016 until I discovered the owner has been struggling with overheating issues. I sharply jump am pass.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
laivwire:

I feel Kareem's have finished this ride oh. Just look at the engine. Look at the environment where it's been fixed. personally I think it's beyond redemption.

I almost bought a 1999 Porsche 911 back in 2016 until I discovered the owner has been struggling with overheating issues. I sharply jump am pass.

Yes true. Only an enthusiast will not have a problem buying this. Someone with good knowledge of DIY, and of course he must have another car or cars other than this.

It is very easy to buy Porsche or range Rover, BMW or other 15 -20 yrs old exortic cars with less than 30k mileage because even their owners in the US don't drive them as daily drivers. But a 15-20 yr old Toyota or Honda would have an average of 180k plus miles.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Gabbiecar: 3:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
This one has been extremely kazeemized .........the engine in that car is upward of $10k(yes ) and they came with a factory defect called "ims bearing failure "........if I get this car tho I'm ls swapping it (Hoovies has taught me bad thing )�
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by HBola(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
Gabbiecar:
This one has been extremely kazeemized .........the engine in that car is upward of $10k(yes ) and they came with a factory defect called "ims bearing failure "........if I get this car tho I'm ls swapping it (Hoovies has taught me bad thing )�

Hoovies LS engine he swapped in failed. Also, it requires high level of expertise to carry out the swap.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Gabbiecar: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
Many people are doing it with great success, just search for "LS swapped 996".....hoovies should have made some modification to the oiling system before tracking it (the engine died of oil starvation)
HBola:

Hoovies LS engine he swapped in failed. Also, it requires high level of expertise to carry out the swap.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Somatic(m): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
Gabbiecar:
Many people are doing it with great success, just search for "LS swapped 996".....hoovies should have made some modification to the oiling system before tracking it (the engine died of oil starvation)

Can't we put Tiny Light engine inside? E suppose work as per universal engine wey e be.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
laivwire:
I came across this ad on jiji. It's not mine and I dont mean to pass any opinion about the deal but c[b]an you spend about 1.2m on this ride if you have the cash?[/b]

This is a loaded question.

Ad says "no major faults, good engine and gearbox".

So what faults are there, and proof of "good" engine and gearbox" needs to be validated.

Other than that, N1.2M is about $3,300

A similar car here https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/653049431757469 is $15,000 plus $2,000 in shipping and clearing.

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
Somatic:

Can't we put Tiny Light engine inside? E suppose work as per universal engine wey e be.

If I should buy this, the first thing I would do is remove the engine. I would then find a crashed Camaro preferably or Mustang of the 90's era. I would pluck the engine and bash it into the Porsche.

I took a ride in a Porsche 914 with a very warmed over Chevy 350 engine in it. Tootling around the parking lot I didn't feel any big deal but once he hit the open road and a wheelie from 2nd to 3rd gear convinced me.

All I've ever done with Porsche is install a Buick 215 engine into a 944.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Gabbiecar: 10:09am On Nov 19, 2018
The LS engine from the early 2000s will be ok cos they are made of aluminium (except the truck engine ),you can get a wrecked LS1 VETTE from copart
EgunMogaji:

If I should buy this, the first thing I would do is remove the engine. I would then find a crashed Camaro preferably or Mustang of the 90's era. I would pluck the engine and bash it into the Porsche.

I took a ride in a Porsche 914 with a very warmed over Chevy 350 engine in it. Tootling around the parking lot I didn't feel any big deal but one ewe hit the open road and a wheelie from 2nd to 3rd gear convinced me.

All I've ever done with Porsche is install a Buick 215 engine into a 944.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Gabbiecar: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2018
Subaru turbocharged engines will work if you want to go the japanese way
Somatic:

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by computerglobal(m): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Gabbiecar:
The LS engine from the early 2000s will be ok cos they are made of aluminium (except the truck engine ),you can get a wrecked LS1 VETTE from copart

I know, I had that in my Pontiac Trans Am.

I prefer the 350 for swaps.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Gabbiecar: 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Damn trans am cry you are a boss sir
EgunMogaji:

I know, I had that in my Pontiac Trans Am.

I prefer the 350 for swaps.

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
Gabbiecar:

It was a really fun car.

Cheap, modern, very responsive to cheap mods and had back seats.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Gabbiecar: 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
Most people don't know this ....the usable back seat is a plus ....the looks kinda looks ricey tho
EgunMogaji:

It was a really fun car.

Cheap, modern, very responsive to cheap mods and had back seats.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
Gabbiecar:
Most people don't know this ....the usable back seat is a plus ....the looks kinda looks ricey tho

That's subjective, but it has a 5.7 liter V8 and mine dyno'd at over 375hp when I was done with the mods grin
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Gabbiecar: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
That is more than 400hp at the crank shocked (that thing will have most AMG'S FOR dinner and lunch grin) sleeper oshi
EgunMogaji:

That's subjective, but it has a 5.7 liter V8 and mine dyno'd at over 375hp when I was done with the mods grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by diportivo: 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
Gabbiecar:

u been dey call albino oyinbo before ni?

this right here is uncle egunmogaji the great

we don't call him uncle for nothing

it's simply because he is a boss grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
diportivo:

u been dey call albino oyinbo before ni?

this right here is uncle egunmogaji the great

we don't call him uncle for nothing

it's simply because he is a boss grin

You dis man ehn? cheesy

Okay, here take something small inside for the weekend grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
Gabbiecar:
That is more than 400hp at the crank shocked (that thing will have most AMG'S FOR dinner and lunch grin) sleeper oshi

400HP isn't enough to even hang out with AMGs, respect yourself. angry An E55 from 2003 would roast it.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
Gabbiecar:

This was back in early 2000 so we need to compare to those AMG of that era.

I won some races and lost some. When I run open headers people don’t even make eye contact at stoplights and when lights turn green usually just jeheli wait for me to carry my wahala go grin

My Porsche 944 on the other hand is the ultimate sleeper. Managed to embarrass a few 911s before they figure out what was happening. Had a guy follow me around for about 30 minutes in a 911 slantnose so we can drag again and he can flog me like a wayward child cheesy
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

400HP isn't enough to even hang out with AMGs, respect yourself. angry An E55 from 2003 would roast it.

In the US it is enough.

It’s not all about top speed here. Is a 400hp 1999 Pontiac Trans AM a match for a 2018 AMG? Probably not but they will definitely hang together in the US.

We have state highway patrol, county sheriffs and city police roaming around looking for revenue, so show me any AMG owner that’s doing more than stoplight to stoplight racing.

Please don’t argue unless you’re into auto racing. If you are please table your acumen. Yours, not your Uncles or Dads own.

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

In the US it is enough.

It’s not all about top speed here. Is a 400hp 1999 Pontiac Trans AM a match for a 2018 AMG? Probably not but they will definitely hang together in the US.

We have state highway patrol, county sheriffs and city police roaming around looking for revenue, so show me any AMG owner that’s doing more than stoplight to stoplight racing.

Please don’t argue unless you’re into auto racing. If you are please table your acumen. Yours, not your Uncles or Dads own.

Lol, take both cars to a drag strip and see how they fare. When driving under the 70mph limit, there's not much that can be showcased.

Also, your last sentence was a bit condescending but I'll ignore. wink

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, take both cars to a drag strip and see how they fare. When driving under the 70mph limit, there's not much that can be showcased.

Also, your last sentence was a bit condescending but I'll ignore. wink

You don’t have to ignore, I’m available.

How many drag strips have you been to? In person.

Transitional speed indicates performance. There’s a specific measurement for that.

We have something called a rolling start.

And do you even know how silly and ridiculous you come across comparing a Trans AM to an AMG?
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by sultaan(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
HBola:

Yes, LS everything, makes it easier and cheaper to run.

For those who do not have understand what LS means;

LS is the name given so a class of V8 small block engine made by General Motors. It is found in their performance vehicles like Corvette and Camaro and each generation has different upgrades so there is LS1, LS3, and I think the current/highest one is LS9 on their Corvette C7(7th generation) ZR1

They are cheap, abundant and easy to maintain.
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by laivwire(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
I'm learning
Re: Can You Buy This Car? by Gabbiecar: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
"Weight" will make the E class from that era to lose (agreed that trans am from that era were not featherweights) but I'm very sure it will be hard for a stock amg from that era having a chance ,taink you cool
HeavenlyBang:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Vw Bora Is Killing Me! / Innoson FOX Design, Features & Specs- Interior And Exterior Pictures / Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.