Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,977 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:12 AM

Solve The Issue Of Windows Audio Device Graph Of Isolation Using High CPU - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Solve The Issue Of Windows Audio Device Graph Of Isolation Using High CPU (783 Views)

Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami / Upgrading From A 32-bit To 64-bit Version Of Windows 10 (steps To Follow) / Have You Heard Of Windows 7 Godmode? This Thing Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Solve The Issue Of Windows Audio Device Graph Of Isolation Using High CPU by Teckiway(m): 5:38am On Nov 17, 2018
I regularly check my Task manager and I saw this process called 'windows audio device graph isolation' taking high percentage of my CPU

I had to test and test to know more about the windows audio device graph isolation and here are my findings.

What is the windows audio device graph isolation:

The windows audio device graph isolation is a merged part of the Windows 10 and it's responsible for handling digital signal processing and it also handles audio enhancement done automatically by Windows.

The windows audio device graph isolation is separated from the main Windows Audio service as it allows developers to add their own audio enhancement to a computer without having to replace the whole Windows audio service

Why does windows audio device graph isolation. SOME TIMES Consume my System Processes?

When audio enhancement are poorly written, it could lead to crash and also lead to more system consumption.

On normal circumstances the windows audio device graph isolation is supposed to use 0% of your CPU, and minimal work

These numbers may increase if a bit of audio enhancement is done, but if this happens all the time it becomes a problem.

Well don't panic there's a way to turn it off, after all that's why it was left separate from Windows Audio service.

How to Switch off windows audio device graph isolation's Enhancement

Please note that this Doesn't mean you are switching off windows Audio service, rather you are just killing the Enhancement.

Follow these steps

Right click on the Sound icon in the notification bar.

Click on Sounds

Select the Device you suspect is the problem, the list of devices are available under the Playback Tab

Click on Properties.

On the Enhancement tab, there are a lot of options there on what possible Enhancement can be done.

Click On Disable all Enhancement.

windows audio device graph isolation

Check out if it solves your problem, if it doesn't then you have to go back and reset that Disable all Enhancement and then try to narrow down the cause.

If this doesn't Work, you have to Try another Device, maybe you Suspected the wrong device.

Can the windows audio device graph isolation be Disabled?

It's impossible to disable windows audio device graph isolation without disabling the Audio service it self but if you buy in to disabling your Audio service, you can't hear anything cool music any more from your PC as your computer will be completely Muted

If you try to do this temporarily, Windows will send you a message telling you to open The Audio troubleshooter.

The Audio trouble shooter won't solve your problem of fixing your windows audio device graph isolation issue especially when you have tried to disable all Enhancement.

See Also: Great Hackathon Ideas

Check if it's Malware :
windows audio device graph isolation

If this is really a serious issue that it lags your system, then it could be malware.

Use a 3rd Party Anti Virus scanner to search for the the malware, its it's related to the windows audio device graph isolation.

There are a lot of this apps you can use and they are available on the Internet.

Fix Your Audio Drivers:

If your Audio drivers are old and past way back in time, the windows audio device graph isolation could be triggered with this reason,

This is because the windows audio device graph isolation may devour the drivers which are out of date.

Manually Upload your Driver's:

This site stressful and tedious and it's pretty much the same as for the windows audio device graph isolation issue to be solved.

You have to find, and download the exact and required drivers

Be careful and make sure you don't Install the wrong driver, if you do your PC may have issues.

It's not so hard to solve this issue of windows audio device graph isolation but I also strongly advice you go to your Computer's care sentence.

If you have any questions I'll be ready to answer it just drop it below

Source: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

(1) (Reply)

12.5% Price Slash...hop In / HP Laptop For Sale Or Swap With Infinix Note 5 Or Camon X / Abuja Laptop Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.