Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo (425 Views)

Declare Atiku Winner Now - PDP Tells INEC / Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure / Osinbajo Given 7 Days To Resign By Timi Frank Over N5.8bn ‘Illegal Approval’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by Modarun(m): 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
By Dirisu Yakubu
ABUJA – The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has tasked Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, to search his soul, seek forgiveness and make restitution for entangling himself in alleged corruption and sharp practices in the concealment of N5.8 billion Northeast Intervention Fund.
In a statement by its spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party said “it is heart-rending that Osinbajo, despite his sanctimonious posturing, is being fingered in the frittering of the N5.8 billion meant for the purchase of food and general welfare of suffering Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, in the Northeast.”
The statement read: “Professor Osinbajo should know that he has come to the end of the road and that Nigerians have completely lost faith in him, since the House of Representatives exposed his complicity in this unpardonable debauchery against weak and vulnerable citizens.
“Instead of asking for forgiveness and making restitutions, Osinbajo is busy trying to divert attention from the reeking corruption of the Buhari administration, while bandying figures in an attempt to distance himself from the failures of this administration.
“Is it not revealing of the arrogance of this administration that Osinbajo, even in the face of indictment by the House of Representatives, still conjures the temerity to confront Nigerians and try to wave off this corrupt act?
“We ask; how can Osinbajo find inner peace when all the six states of the Northeast reported that they never received the emergency intervention for food security?
“From the probe, which exposed how the Vice President, then as Acting President, in 2017, drew N5.8 billion from the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the federation, without the appropriation of the National Assembly, only to superintend over the purported spending as the Chairman of Board of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, it is clear that it was never in the interest of the suffering and displaced masses.”

Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by ibori1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
grin

am baaaacccckkkk.....
wetin u gain for u to ban me for 7months
look at me nw
living lavida.

1 Like

Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by richidinho(m): 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
Corruption in high places

Not again!

1 Like

Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by Racoon(m): 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2018
To think that VP Osinbajo that is supposed to be a shining light in this government ends up like this is a huge disappointment.What is Pastor Adeboye really telling the VP for God's sake

Osinbajo should go defend himself.Enough of this hypocrisy.This is how Buhari government not only condoned the Lawal Babachir's PINE scandal against the same NE IDPs but cleared him twice of all the allegations against him. undecided

Thanks Goodness for the members of the Senate committee who stood their ground despite the FG cover up until it was forced to make a shameless and self-indicting vote face by sacking but never prosecuted the indicted ex-SGF.

Meanwhile the same indicted corrupt man is coordinating Buhari's NE re-election campaign while the he is hob-nobbing in Aso Rock under government protection.Fighting corruption my foot.

1 Like

Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
Very corupt people parading as saints.mchewwwww
Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by pharmagba: 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
Racoon:
This is how Buhari government not only condoned the Lawal Babachir's PINE scandal against the same NE IDPs but cleared him twice of all the allegations against him. undecided

To think that VP Osinbajo that is supposed to be a shining light in this government ends up like this is a huge disappointment.What is Pastor Adeboye really telling the VP for God's sake
if you continue like this pdp and Atiku will continue to loses support
Trying to decreate your religion because of cheap change from Atiku
you may not be a redeem but respect Pastor Adeboye
all the atrocities you've ever committed, was it you pastor that told you to do it

Get some sense not all is money
Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by Racoon(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
pharmagba:

if you continue like this pdp and Atiku will continue to loses supportTrying to decreate your religion because of cheap change from Atiku.

You may not be a redeem but respect Pastor Adeboye
all the atrocities you've ever committed, was it you pastor that told you to do it.Get some sense not all is money
Corruption oozes stench from all the 6 geographical regions of Nigeria,adherents of the different faith, ethnic divide, race or any other criteria you may wish to rationalize it.

Since it have caused us so much pain as a nation & the leaders of today Nigeria are selective about how the handle it, all we can do from our ends is to roundly condemn it.Not being being selective about whose ox is gored.

It's believed the good Lord privileged the VP to be in that position to be a beacon of hope.However what have he said or done about all the humongous putrifying corruption recorded in this government that he is part of? Absolutely nothing!

Being a Christian but I'm not the "touch not my anointed" type.Leaders should be reprimanded when they go wrong.A leader's sin is a leading sin. angry

Meanwhile I'm not on anyone pay role but choose to project a political inclination I believe in.Cheers.
Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by ozo13(m): 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
Shey na this tactics PDP wan use win election
Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by Igbokid: 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
Racoon:

Osinbajo should go defend himself.Enough of this hypocrisy.This is how Buhari government not only condoned the Lawal Babachir's PINE scandal against the same NE IDPs but cleared him twice of all the allegations against him. undecided

Thanks Goodness for the members of the Senate committee who stood their ground despite the FG cover up until it was forced to make a shameless and self-indicting vote face by sacking but never prosecuted the indicted ex-SGF.

Meanwhile the same indicted corrupt man is coordinating Buhari's NE re-election campaign while the he is hob-nobbing in Aso Rock under government protection.Fighting corruption my foot.
Is this what you folks could come up with after spending 2months in Dubai.
This is too lame. Abeg , try something different
Re: N5.8bn Scandal: Make Refunds, Seek Restitution Now, PDP Tells Osinbajo by Igbokid: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
ozo13:
Shey na this tactics PDP wan use win election
Me sef weak ooo.
Nah their Dubai accord be this..
Call Buhari another man Sudan and demonize Osibanjo.
PDP will never learn

(1) (Reply)

I Am Contesting With Ugwuanyi Not Chimaraoke -prince Of Mburumbu / Banky W Campaigning To Eti-osa youths at Victoria Island / South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,480 As Nigeria Struggles to pay 30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.