Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! (2571 Views)

Pls Help My Money Was Transferred / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / If You Are Taxify Driver Please Share Your Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by BedLam: 5:18am On Nov 18, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4851579/mistakenly-sent-n1m-uber-driver

This post is not to bash the OP but to learn and we have to look at the mistakes that were made and my heart goes how to you with all then stress and aches you are probably having. I hope someone will read this and not fall a victim too.

Tech as we know it is supposed to make life easier for us but this can only happen if we learn how to use these seeming little but powerful apps.
It doesn't take more than 10 minutes to be adept in these things, but somehow we have failed to learn and read, I mean look at people around you!

Some useful tips here:

Everything is supposed to happen within the app unless there is some friction and that is when you call or message.

If you order a ride, you can see if the driver is moving your way or close to you, but people pick up the phone and start calling to ask "where are you" because they don't know or don't even want to see how the app works.

When your ride has started, you can see from your phone where you are heading, and the car moves on the map, but let's hope you are interested since you are more likely to do snapchat.

Let me take on an instance, I see often, too many times, a lot of Uber drivers call you and ask you where you are going before they arrive, please stop it right there!

There is a reason the driver is not allowed to see your destination unless he starts the trip and it is called SECURITY!

So no one will arrange anyone to mess you up on your way, but we have overlooked this many people don't even know it.

Back to "acts of bunmiano", the OP:

I am not holding the brief for the cunning and dishonorable driver, but everything started from the OP's act of carelessness!.

Reading is one of our most significant issues and who don't read, can't learn!

If you order a ride., you see the estimated cost of your trip before you confirm. There is no way a ride of #3400 will shoot up #4300 unless you have some dangerous traffic for more than an hour!

When your ride ends, you will get the total amount and the receipt, asking the driver "how much" shows you are a careless person!

There are two options for payment on the app: Cash and card( which you add and reduces the hassle). However, why would anyone not do this and go the way making a bank transfer? Isn't that hard work on its own?
We make simple things look so damn hard! If you'd added a card to uber, no one would inflate any price for you! Learn people learn!

Then the almighty blunder, adding a beneficiary to your list means you know the person and not just a one time transfer!

You only add someone if you are dealing with them more than once or twice in a short time. Who adds a stranger to their beneficiaries?

Still, we don't know how these things work!
I hope we can all learn and learn how to read. Life is just so simple, but we tend to make it hard.

10 Likes

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Realname: 5:35am On Nov 18, 2018
[s]
BedLam:

This post is not to bash the OP but to learn and we have to look at the mistakes that were made and my heart goes how to you with all then stress and aches you are probably having. I hope someone will read this and not fall a victim too.

Tech as we know it is supposed to make life easier for us but this can only happen if we learn how to use these seeming little but powerful apps.
It doesn't take more than 10 minutes to be adept in these things, but somehow we have failed to learn and read, I mean look at people around you!

Some useful tips here:

Everything is supposed to happen within the app unless there is some friction and that is when you call or message.

If you order a ride, you can see if the driver is moving your way or close to you, but people pick up the phone and start calling to ask "where are you" because they don't know or don't even want to see how the app works.

When your ride has started, you can see from your phone where you are heading, and the car moves on the map, but let's hope you are interested since you are more likely to do snapchat.

Let me take on an instance, I see often, too many times, a lot of Uber drivers call you and ask you where you are going before they arrive, please stop it right there!

There is a reason the driver is not allowed to see your destination unless he starts the trip and it is called SECURITY!

So no one will arrange anyone to mess you up on your way, but we have overlooked this many people don't even know it.

I am not holding the brief for the cunning and dishonorable driver, but everything started from the OP's act of carelessness!.

If you order a ride., you see the estimated cost of your trip before you confirm. There is no way a ride of #3400 will shoot up #4300 unless you have some dangerous traffic for more than an hour!

When your ride ends, you will get the total amount and the receipt, asking the driver "how much" shows you are a careless person!

There are two options for payment on the app: Cash and card( which you add and reduces the hassle). However, why would anyone not do this and go the way making a bank transfer? Isn't that hard work on its own?
We make simple things look so damn hard! If you'd added a card to uber, no one would inflate any price for you! Learn people learn!

Then the almighty blunder, adding a beneficiary to your list means you know the person and not just a one time transfer!

You only add someone if you are dealing with them more than once or twice in a short time. Who adds a stranger to their beneficiaries?

I hope we can all learn and learn how to read. Life is just so simple, but we tend to make it hard.

[/s]

No one cares !!

As long as Buhari is voted out next year

4 Likes

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:40am On Nov 18, 2018
Must we. Board uber.

3 Likes

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by BedLam: 6:34am On Nov 18, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Must we. Board uber.
Must we make our lives simpler? More like it grin

1 Like

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by SocialJustice: 7:00am On Nov 18, 2018
Good one OP, I'm surprised at how careless people can be with their money.

2 Likes

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 18, 2018
BedLam:

Some useful tips here:

You made some sense but from the bolded it shows you lack knowledge of how somethings are done in this part of the world, as long as you're using the GTB app, you are not allowed to transfer to anybody (stranger or family) without first adding the person as a beneficiary so you can't blame the OP on the that.
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by united442(m): 7:57am On Nov 18, 2018
o.p you are 100% right..
wtf,the guy was way too careless,too too careless!
hw the hell you dnt even border to check for the price baffles me alot..saying he trust the uber driver cux he wouldn't lie..
adding a total stranger to your beneficiary is were he lost his brain..adding someone to your beneficiary isnt done automatically,so was he blind when he added a total stranger...
seriously, I HATE DULL PEOPLE!

1 Like

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 18, 2018
united442:
o.p you are 100% right..
hw the hell you dnt even border to check for the price baffles me alot..saying he trust the uber driver cux he wouldn't lie..
adding a total stranger to your beneficiary is were he lost his brain..adding someone to your beneficiary isnt done automatically,so was he blind when he added a total stranger...

You hate dull people but you seem to be on the same level if you can't understand that for security reasons, gtb does not allow you send money from the app without first adding the person as a beneficiary.

1 Like

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Wtfork: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2018
Realname:
[s][/s]

No one cares !!

As long as Buhari is voted out next year

If you are not ready to learn , let sensible people who are ready learn. Is Buhari stopping you from voting next year! Must you comment!
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 18, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

You made some sense but from the bolded it shows you lack knowledge of how somethings are done in this part of the world, as long as you're using the GTB app, you are not allowed to transfer to anybody (stranger or family) without first adding the person as a beneficiary so you can't blame the OP on the that.
You can send without adding the person as beneficiary, it's not mandatory. Check your GTBANK app again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Krak(m): 8:30am On Nov 18, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

You hate dull people but you seem to be on the same level if you can't understand that for security reasons, gtb does not allow you send money from the app without first adding the person as a beneficiary.

You obviously dont know how to use the gtapp well.

2 Likes

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Krak(m): 8:31am On Nov 18, 2018
JohnnyNY:

You can send without adding the person as beneficiary, it's not mandatory. Check your GTBANK app again.

I wonder o. I had to read his comments again.
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by BedLam: 9:20am On Nov 18, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

Sir I have used several banks and what I'm aware of is that you click on send money and you click on "new beneficiary/recipient". Then you add your bank details and you send. You have the option to add as beneficiary to your list after sending and this require you to answer some security questions.

2 Likes

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by BedLam: 9:23am On Nov 18, 2018
JohnnyNY:

Thank you. His response is one of the reasons I opened this thread.
People don't learn!
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by stagger: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

Must you use the GTB app? What happened to the good old *737# with all the multi-layer security features?
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by BedLam: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2018
united442:
o.p you are 100% right..

I've had encounter with a lot of teeming Nigerians. When it comes to learning, forget it.
Very simple things but we handle them like it's rocket science.
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Grupo(m): 9:33am On Nov 18, 2018
BedLam:
Sir I have used several banks and what I'm aware of is that you click on send money and you click on "new beneficiary/recipient". Then you add your bank details and you send. You have the option to add as beneficiary to your list after sending and this require you to answer some security questions.

You are right and wrong at the same time.

Before their latest update, Gtbank mobile app would never allow you to transfer money to someone unless you have added the person as a beneficiary.

But their last app update removed that bottleneck. So, it is likely the guy that lost 1m has not updated his bank app.
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by NnamdiN: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

far from the truth. It's not compulsory oga.
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by BedLam: 10:00am On Nov 18, 2018
Grupo:

Before their latest update, Gtbank mobile app would never allow you to transfer money to someone unless you have added the person as a beneficiary.

But their last app update removed that bottleneck. So, it is likely the guy that lost 1m has not updated his bank app.
Okay. Thanks for this.
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 18, 2018
stagger:

Must you use the GTB app? What happened to the good old *737# with all the multi-layer security features?

You call that security? Lol, you want to transfer several millions and you think 737 is the safestest? Good luck with thay bruv
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by EricBloodAxe: 10:36am On Nov 18, 2018
Dude bleeped up bigtime but pls let's cut him some slack. I think solutions proffered to help him retrieve his funds would go a long way.
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by BedLam: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2018
EricBloodAxe:
Dude bleeped up bigtime but pls let's cut him some slack. I think solutions proffered to help him retrieve his funds would go a long way.
If we "cut" him some slack it means we aren't going to talk about his errors and someone might just be the next victim, feel me ?
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Drphemmy4u: 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
Grupo:

On the old app,you can as well delete beneficiaries you are not familiar with using your token.Its safer to keep all strangers off your list of beneficiaries.
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
Only valid point to me is "do not add strangers as your beneficiary"

1 Like

Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by ogtavia(m): 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
How did he get to the N1M naira credit limit??
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by hahn(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
ogtavia:
How did he get to the N1M naira credit limit??

How can someone who wants to transfer N4,300 end up typing N1,000,000? undecided
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by CAPSLOCKED: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
hahn:

How can someone who wants to transfer N4,300 end up typing N1,000,000? undecided

FROM THE STORY HE FIRST SENT 4,800 TO THE GUY, THEN MISTAKENLY SENT THE 1M TO THE GUY AGAIN INSTEAD OF ANOTHER PERSON, BECAUSE THE GUY'S ON HIS "BENEFICIARY".
Re: The Case Of The Man Who Transferred 1M To Uber Driver, Please Learn! by hahn(m): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

FROM THE STORY HE FIRST SENT 4,800 TO THE GUY, THEN MISTAKENLY SENT THE 1M TO THE GUY AGAIN INSTEAD OF ANOTHER PERSON, BECAUSE THE GUY'S ON HIS "BENEFICIARY".

Rather careless of him undecided

(1) (Reply)

Keke Marwa In UK! Ola UK Introduces Bajaj & Piaggio Green Tuk-tuks (pictures) / Hisense 50"inch For Sale. / Premium Forex Courses For Sale, Improve Your Trading Skills With These Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.