Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Before My Obituary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before My Obituary (847 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / El-Rufai Boasts, "We Have Prepared PDP's Obituary And Tombstone." / A 'Sad' Public Announcement! - An Obituary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before My Obituary by AloyEmeka8: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Funke Daniel resorts to thuggery![/size]

BEFORE MY OBITUARY: VISIT OF MRS. OLUFUNKE DANIEL, WIFE OF THE GOVERNOR OF OGUN STATE, OTUNBA GBENGA DANIEL, AND ABOUT 100 POLICEMEN TO MY HOUSE THIS MORNING

Today at 6:55pm

AMBASSADOR TUNDE OLADUNJOYE
DE JURE CHAIRMAN,
IJEBU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT
OGUN STATE

It was unimaginable, unbelievable, and movie-like, but it turned out to be true that the wife of the Governor of Ogun State, Mrs. Olufunke Daniel, stormed my Ijebu Itele country home this morning at exactly 11.00 a.m. in a covoy of over 15 vehicles and about 100 policemen and civilians. At the end of her brief perilous visit, my Special Assistant, Mr. Rasheed Adnenaya was left bleeding from his mouth, leg and head from injuries inflicted upon him by policemen in the convoy, on the instruction of the governor’s wife.

Around 10.00 a.m. this morning , the former Chief Press Secretary to Otunba Gbenga Daniel (OGD), Wale Adedayo (alias Babalawo) sent a text informing me as follows: “I got a call this morning, and I am certain they want to take me out between now and next week. I’ll soon get another sim card. We will talk properly then, because I will soon move out of Lagos again. Wale Adedayo”
Well, I said to myself that, the text message from Babalawo was a confirmation of the alarm I have raised over one week now (which I posted on Facebook and which the Governor and his men have not denied till date). Then, ten minutes later, a voice that I immediately recognised as Wale’s came on as I picked a call on my phone, but the line was not his regular line. In a very hasty, cautious and coded manner he told me my life was at stake and wherever I was, I should relocate out of Ogun State and that my line has been bugged (of course, I am aware of my bugged line since early last year); I should buy another line and call his new line.
Few minutes after that, a call came from a top government source and all the voice said was: “leave town, leave the state now”. About five minutes after, the king of my town, Oba (Engr) Muftau Kasali called to say he had an information from authoritative source that the Governor’s wife was on her way to my house. I told, Moyegeso that I was not expecting the governor’s wife and that actually, I was not at home.

Around 10 50 a.m., a friend of mine called to say that it seems the Governor of Ogun State had sneaked into Ijebu East LGA through Ijebu Imusin and now driving towards Itele. I informed the caller that it was the governor’s wife and probably heding towards my house in Itele. I asked him to monitor and informed others.
Alas, moments after, the Governor’s wife was at my gate life and direct! She forced herself into my compound along with the people following her, including the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Gbemi Onakoya, Governor’s Liason Officer, Mr. Safiriyu Awobadejo, the illegal Caretaker Chairman of Ijebu East Local Government, Mr. Michael Agbolade, several policemen and plaint-cloth security operatives and her press crew.

These intruders met my Special Assistant, Mr. Rasheed Odunaya, who was on his way out. Mrs. Daniel, fuming with anger, asked him what he was doing in the compound, and Rasheed replied that he came to fetch water. Mr. Awobadejo (who claims to be Otunba Atunluse of Itele Ijebu) came forward and told Mrs Daniel that Rasheed was actually my SA. Mrs. Daniel then asked the young man, why he told her he came to fetch water in my coumpound. The youngman replied that he was only asked what he was doing and not who he was, so he did not feel there was need for introduction. At this point, two gun-totting policemen decended on my SA, beating and kicking him in the presence of Mrs. Daniel. She then turned to Mr. Kester Olaifa, a veteran journalist and media consultant and asked him who he was and what he was looking for in my compound. Mr. Olaifa introduced himself as a journalist and Mrs. Daniel retorted: so you are writing this rubish together? She flung a copy of today’s editon of National Life tabloid towards Mr. Olaifa and told him that she had no business with him but with me. Mr. Olaifa was not touched, obviously because of his old age. The vexed governor’s wife then left a message that she had declared war with me and that what she was going to do to me would make whatever her husband has done to me, a child’s play.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/56156-funke-daniel-resorts-thuggery.html
Re: Before My Obituary by hatch: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2010
Verily verily i say unto you that Otunba Gbenga Daniel and his hold shall never go unpunished after his tenure.So his case is just like the proverbial tortoise that went to a party and claimed is him is "Everbody". When judgement day beacons his shall also receive punishment for "Everybody" sad
Re: Before My Obituary by desgiezd(m): 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2010
We have always known that OGD has turned himself into a demon that is ravaging Ogun State especially whoever disagrees with him and his government irrespective of the fact that such a person could be his former aide. This is also why his predecessor in office, Olusegun Osoba has relocated from Ogun to Lagos since OGD took office. A very terrible dimension has just been added to the problem of Ogun State and this is the fact that the governor's wife has become a terrorist to her husband's and her own opponents.

It is a pity that both husband and wife have forgotten the transient nature of power. I wonder what they would do when they become ordinary citizens like the rest of us.
Re: Before My Obituary by philip0906(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2010
Whats with all this political thuggery in d south west?(no pun intended)from ekiti to oyo to ogun state? undecided undecided
Re: Before My Obituary by koruji(m): 4:55am On Jul 26, 2010
Until our citizens promise these bufoons fire for fire they would not stop - whether it concerns stealing our resources or visiting violence on the populace. Using state resources to invade someone's house should land you in jail, but who is going to arrest someone who was assisted by policemen?
Re: Before My Obituary by AloyEmeka8: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
koruji:

Until our citizens promise these bufoons fire for fire they would not stop - whether it concerns stealing our resources or visiting violence on the populace. Using state resources to invade someone's house should land you in jail, but who is going to arrest someone who was assisted by policemen?

I thought you should ask whether the first lady has diplomatic authority to infringe on the space of another citizen. It is not an elected position and there is no power vested on those who sleep with our elected officials. Am I wrong?
Re: Before My Obituary by Cohomology: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nigeria remains a land filled with too many barbarians.

(1) (Reply)

Seun ,jarus Aisha2 Are Pro-ibb Campaigners What A Shame / Can Nigeria Trust Jonathan?: Please Vote / Jonathan Removes Orosanye; Appoints Professor Oladapo Afolabi As Head Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.