Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:24 AM

Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss (32735 Views)

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / Woman Infected With HIV By Boss, Sacked, Loses Case / Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Boss13: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
If he lied about his competence, why still hire him. If he comes late to work, why still keep him. If he had not delivered on the 3 projects as promised, why still keep him.

The employer send like a narcissistic
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by zicoraads: 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
But as much as possible, people need to stay off social media. You mustn't rant about everything that is happening in your life online. Rant to family, close friends, and a few of those who are colleagues.

After all, are most of us not being underpaid for the work we do?!

And if he deleted the tweets, then the employer is right in the accusations levelled against him. If not, after being fired, he could have stuck to his guns.

1 Like

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
Jancy606:
Coming to twitter to rant as if this will increase the pay

Obviously didn't think it through...

1 Like

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Xtfield(m): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
It's a general problem with all these Lagos job seekers. If I were to offer him or her the same 30k to teach in my private school in Ekiti State, he would have been asking me to free accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by IDnoble1: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
princechurchill:
The funniest part of this story is that someone will get the job with great appreciation

And she will join the least of unemployed with stupidity embedded on her CV
He or She?
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
He probably came to twitter to rant just for d attention. Now look where d attention got him. Be wary of wat u say on social media cheesy.
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...clarified...

I know, I can't correct the post when it's on the FP. The mods usually locks one out. But then, you missed out " quit" and , "advice" your eyes aren't that sharp...
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by AuroraB(f): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
The employer is a thief! If the guy lied and wasn't qualified why didn't he sack him, yet he sought to exploit him instead
Dont mind him and his supporters. Like I shouldn't know he's trying to save face undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by talk2hb1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
Wait Paying Developer 30,000/month shocked and you want him to deliver 3projects?
I remember my stipend was 20k when I interned with a firm back then (2012), and this is 2018 and you are paying him 30k, una wicked oooo.
He won't stay long in the job market, he is a developer.Employer dey lie die, if the guy needed a job should contact meme 3x of his current salary.
Programming no easy===

3 Likes

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by samlake(m): 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
There's hope for them all if they can follow my advice...'learn forex' and be free.
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by SirLakes: 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
Yusfunoble:
Twitter rants no favor this one.

Him village dey online grin

LMAO grin

This meme
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Amakavula:

I know, I can't correct the post when it's on the FP. The mods usually locks one out. But then, you missed out " quit" and , "advice" your eyes aren't that sharp...
Don't you think there's another grammatical blunder there?
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by MissMichelleA(f): 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Y'all the guy didn't start the rant. His boss did.
The boss (former) was shading him everywhere and he ignored it.
Only for him to tweet that tweet the boss quoted in response to something else and the man decided to shame him.

1 Like

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
Developers earn 30k in this country?
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by salford1: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
It's not all things about your job that must be posted on the internet.
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by cardoctor(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
Wicked boss
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by jaxxy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
Most start up are users than rewarders so only work there if u have enough passion and patience for the job and build ur career. Don’t even expect any major reward unless u affect the company’s progress significantly and directly.
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Sagay212: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
This is what you get when some idio.ts keep chanting rubbish about being your own boss blah blah blah. Some mumu will just wake up one morning after listening to useless motivational speakers.

because your business is a start up you believe you should use one person to do numerous duties because you want to cut cost. At the end of the day when you make excess profit, you will chop it alone. It is not by force to do business. Everybody cannot own a company...don't let stupi.d jobless motivational speakers deceive you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by CheapDataGuy: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
jchioma:

Please tell me, how much is your friend 's salary to have 20,000 'zapped ' from it for missing work for just one day? It wont be like the job of Developers in the op.

He works for a rice production company.
At first we didn't believe him til he showed us alert for that month against other previous month and he's chat with one of his superior who asked him why 20k was deducted from his salary.
Normally the company's policy is "you miss a day with no genuine reason , you lose 5k at month end during payday"
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by princechurchill(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
Respect55:

Don't u think u are the one who is stupid by not knowing the difference between least and list?

Spare him your trash

I was born to make mistakes not fake perfection
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Dilianne(f): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Kindly visit www.dilianne.com kiss
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Olumeme: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
That boss is a chronic liar, why didn't they terminate his employment when they discovered he wasn't good enough, coming late to work and not delivering?
There's no private company that condones lateness, where I work, if you are late without any genuine reason, you are working that day for free, and if you leave, without working that day, you will be sacked..

But how will a graduate even accept 30k monthly pay?
I will never accept any pay less than 50k, I will rather sit at home and press phone oooo. 30k is slavery abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Buffalowings3(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hipsofagoddess:
I don't understand that one who said he doesn't know what a startup entails. So because it is a start there shouldn't be division of labor? Or was he promised shares of the company?

grin
They would rather he worked as an unpaid intern...
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Buffalowings3(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
talk2hb1:
Wait Paying Developer 30,000/month shocked and you want him to deliver 3projects?
I remember my stipend was 20k when I interned with a firm back then (2012), and this is 2018 and you are paying him 30k, una wicked oooo.
He won't stay long in the job market, he is a developer.Employer dey lie die, if the guy needed a job should contact meme 3x of his current salary.
Programming no easy===

The boss dey craze
I swear..
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by funsho75(m): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
Most people commenting hv been in that shoe...

Wen u do work that zap all your energy, u hv to think, crack your brain and d likes and the person no appreciate... Meh.. It hurts

.. It has happened to me b4..

I was a graphics designer and and the website designer.. For 30k inside Abj

Chai... smiley smiley
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by DrdeboO: 12:15am On Nov 19, 2018
Olumeme:
That boss is a chronic liar, why didn't they terminate his employment when they discovered he wasn't good enough, coming late to work and not delivering?
There's no private company that condones lateness, where I work, if you are late without any genuine reason, you are working that day for free, and if you leave, without working that day, you will be sacked..

But how will a graduate even accept 30k monthly pay?
I will never accept any pay less than 50k, I will rather sit at home and press phone oooo. 30k is slavery abeg

For one, he was never paid 30k. The initial agreement was for him to maintain the existing web application which he failed to deliver ( the excuse was that the code he inherited was too difficult to work on and he didn't want to tamper with it for the fear of breaking it). The agreed starting stipend was 35k taking into view his 19,800 from nysc. Pay was also raised to 50k per month once the company got funding. Second task was given to him to build a prototype also stories came up. 3rd was to work on the front end for the new version of the core product. Still no results. Infact he hurriedly quit when we hired a new front-end developer who was supposed to come assist him. Only for the new dev to realise he had been doing rubbish all along.

He was offered an opportunity he was lazy. Always tweeting during work hours, arriving late. Forging signatures for nysc clearance etc.
Etc quite rightly I should have sacked him. As a matter of fact my cofounder's requested for his sack but I made excuses for him and stood by him because I felt he had potential and was probably distracted.

If he was unhappy with his job or pay, he should have negotiated right? He knew what he wanted to do all along. Please spare all the insults and get the other side of the story first.

My goal is to build a company and God knows I took this boy in as a brother. 9months and nothing to show for it. Abeg let this matter just die
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by DonPikko: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2018
DrdeboO:

For one, he was never paid 30k. The initial agreement was for him to maintain the existing web application which he failed to deliver ( the excuse was that the code he inherited was too difficult to work on and he didn't want to tamper with it for the fear of breaking it). The agreed starting stipend was 35k taking into view his 19,800 from nysc. Pay was also raised to 50k per month once the company got funding. Second task was given to him to build a prototype also stories came up. 3rd was to work on the front end for the new version of the core product. Still no results. Infact he hurriedly quit when we hired a new front-end developer who was supposed to come assist him. Only for the new dev to realise he had been doing rubbish all along.

He was offered an opportunity he was lazy. Always tweeting during work hours, arriving late. Forging signatures for nysc clearance etc.
Etc quite rightly I should have sacked him. As a matter of fact my cofounder's requested for his sack but I made excuses for him and stood by him because I felt he had potential and was probably distracted.

If he was unhappy with his job or pay, he should have negotiated right? He knew what he wanted to do all along. Please spare all the insults and get the other side of the story first.

My goal is to build a company and God knows I took this boy in as a brother. 9months and nothing to show for it. Abeg let this matter just die
all this and you no sack am, this matter shouldn't even be on social media
Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by Ejyksneh(m): 11:05am On Nov 24, 2018
Nawa of, for the Christmas

Re: Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss by CaptainGOOD: 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
myettiallah:
Its in THEIR blood,
lazyness.
Womanizing..
Skull minimg...in order to get rich quickly

Xup bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Sacked Over BBNaija In Asaba, Delta State / Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria / How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.