Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk (66178 Views)

Exporting Food Stuffs From Naija / Any Links On Exporting Food Stuffs Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Zee1(f): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2010
Hi all

I've been looking into exporting food stuff from Nigeria to UK (perhaps London more particularly as i live in London). I have noticed a growing market for our yams, palm oil, garri, golden morn, Milo, sardines, geisha and many other local food stuff. Jeez some of these foods have even hit tesco! I dont want to own an african food store. My interest is in supplying existing stores with food from Nigeria. I thought of this business idea as a way for me to travel between UK and Nigeria as i have family in both countries. So i can see both parties regularly

-Any ideas on how i can be a supplier or at least get on the supply chain of an existing larger supplier?
-What are the challenges on both ends (Nija and Uk)?
-I doubt there is a ban on exporting these food stuff from Nigeria and they are also obviously legally allowed into the UK or they wouldn't be stocked in shops here?
-How much capital do i need to start (minimum)?
-How do i start?!
-Or is the food business a NO NO for certain reasons? if not what other Nija products are hot here?

Please i know that no one is obligated to give me ideas but i'd be so happy to hear from people who know about this. I have a reasonable amount of money saved for this business and who knows where discussions could lead to for interested and genuine parties?! My e-mail is zeeatah@hotmail.com for anyone who wishes to talk privately.

Thanks guys!
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by TTGIL: 12:21am On Jul 26, 2010

1 Like

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Zee1(f): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2010
Thanks TTGIL- Useful link indeed. However, your seminars are delivered in Ogun state? i'm in London. My target is not to import raw materials to the UK per se, more of household provisions like processed foods e.g Nigerian cereals, saidine, geisha, yam flour e.t.c
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by tholanee: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
Hello,

You can check your mailbox for my contribution, hope to hear from you.
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by tholanee: 10:04am On Jul 27, 2010
waiting for the reply to the mail I sent to you.
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ poster , i'll send you a mail from my yahoo box . lets see how we can work out biz if you don't mind .
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by tonymark1: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
gud day
please i am facing exactly the same challenges as zee1. tholanee i would love a response on exporting food stuff from nigeria to the uk.
my mail adress is eseimuedeosunde@yahoo.com
i would appreciate response from others.
thanks so much all

1 Like

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Bowie11(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2011
tholanee:

Hello,

You can check your mailbox for my contribution, hope to hear from you.

I will be honoured if you can also mail me your contribution. I am processing some Nigerian products too. My email address is: bowiehertzgroup@yahoo.com
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by babatunde3: 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2012
Hi All, i am very interested in exporting food items from nigeria to the uk on a small scale business, but i have no idea of where to start. Please kindly send your message to my email address (babatunde300@hotmail.com)if you have any idea on shipping food items from nigeria to britain. Your comment will be much appreciated on this matter.Thanks!
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Thethy(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by rolishair: 11:07am On May 24, 2012
hello house,
am really interested in these business of exporting of agricultural produce
the problem is that i dont know how to go about it pls help
...here is my mail rolishair@yahoo.com
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by ephilipand: 4:13pm On May 24, 2012
Our investment opportunity for charcoal exportation is for those who would/can not have the time for the day to day running of the business.

We would appreciate JOINT VENTURE & EQUITY PARTICIPATION with very good and reasonable returns on investment.

Interested client(s)? Add me on whatsapp +2348176168355.
Download whatsapp @ http://www.whatsapp.com
or
Call: +2348176168355
or
Gtalk: omobolaji.joel@gmail.com
Yahoo: omobolaji.joel@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Lynosil(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
Please am interested in exporting food stuffs to U.K, but i donot have contacts, but have the relevants paper-work plus export license, please contact me; emeka.keks@gmail.com or 08068806871
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by bankybrown: 6:31am On Jul 19, 2012
Pls as a student travelling to UK newly, what food stuffs can I carry along and what quantity!

1 Like

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by chemashie(m): 7:05am On Jul 19, 2012
For those that are based in UK and would like to start this business let me know how i can work with you on this project. I based in nigeria and i can help to export some of these food stuffs to UK; garri(yellow&white), elubo, ewedu, yam, pure natural honey, stock fish, ugwu leaves, ofada rice etc.
Let me know when you are starting this business so i can partner with you on this. My contact no is +2348034018955
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by gunuvi(m): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2012
Hello folks. If you are interested in buying Virgin Coconut Oil to export to UK, you can get in touch with us. We supply a trading company presently in UK but can still supply other interested companies, especially the small scales companies.
You can get in touch for quotation and other informations by sending us a mail @ sebasicoconutltd@gmail.com or call Femi @ 07026015480.
Thanks
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by babazak(m): 10:24am On Jul 20, 2012
Exporting Nigeria foodstuff abroad is a business model that have been around for a while,though known to few.The business entails packaging of raw food materials for foreign market.The major buyers are Nigerian/African living abroad.Most African stores/restaurants rely on supply from Nigeria,Ghana,Ivory coast and host of other African countries to sustain their business.The return on investment is rewarding especially if one have supply order.Walk into any African store and ask for the price of either ofada rice or Gari and you will understand what i'm saying.
Partnering with somebody residing abroad can also be a very good business option.It is interesting to know that you can actually start the business with little capital.Some of the items you can start with includes;Garri,Yam,Egusi,Cray fish,Maggi cubes,Dried fish,Ugwu etc.

Any interested party residing in UK,Asia and US can reach me through; mczackltd@yahoo.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by newacca: 11:05am On Jul 20, 2012
@OP,
It is an interesting business. I am also thinking in that direction but my target is North America. I hope experienced members will give us advice and tips.
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Emoyol: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
What are the pros and cons of this export business, the pitfalls and benefits to be derived. Pls send to maajayi@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Thethy(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2012
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by MrBright2: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
Here is my advice to all,being a freight forwarder and exporter of those mentioned stuffs.
Pls as a beginner in this biz dont freight voluminous stuffs rather do little food stuffs that will give good ROI,through air,later you will do other stuffs through sea,as soon as you stabilize the market.Examples of those small stuffs are mellon,ugwu,ogbono,seasonings and those light in weight items that will give good returns and less expenses.
Take note of this export parlanche"control your local cost to get good forex in return".To get more of this advice my lines are +234-8036 43 4082,+234 812912 6807 gbengabright@yahoo.com.Im a seasoned freight forwarder and export/import consultant.Operating at cargo village at NAHCO/SAHCOL MM INT'L AIRPORT.
[color=#000099][/color]
I want to say a very big thank you to everyone that have contacted us after this above comment since last 7 years ago.Many members on this forum had really benefited from this small piece of advice and myself has an individual has really benefited too,in terms of business patronage.
Thank you all.Keep reaping in the forex my people and we are now doing consolidation of shipment to and from many countries majorly U.K.,USA,China and Dubai.
You will very be glad you patronize us.Thank you all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by kenbakare: 10:01am On Dec 19, 2012
i am interested in food export business. pls i need someone who can help especially with the selling aspect abroad. hitmanwhaj2@yahoo.com 08054324595

1 Like

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by topeakinade: 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
Please I would also appreciate if I could get some information regarding the export of these food items. I have my elder ones based in the UK and want to go into this biz. Seems most of the information on this thread is disseminated through mail, please you could mail me through topeakinade@yahoo.com. I will appreciate all efforts in favour of this. Many Thanks..
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Lynakenz: 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
@mr bright, pls i want to knw how to go about this exportation stuff. How do i start with little income, what are the pros and cons and are there anyone in the u.k, u.s u can affiliate me with for the export.. How do i start.@pls, anyone in the house that is intereted and have contacts abroad. Thanks.
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Lynakenz: 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
@ bright, what of export to u.s and canada, i know people there. Any information.
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by fistonme(m): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Nice thread. If only majority of our jobless youths could key into this under-explored form of export, i dare say the menace of unemployment will be greatly reduced. I would advice interested persons to follow the concise and straight-forward advice given by Mr. Bright.

2 Likes

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by MrBright2: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
@ lynakez,be sure that everywhere Africans are found be rest assured of African f/stuffs market.People who can supply Palm oil (red oil) should give it a trial.Only if you can use ready made packaging of 1/2 litres container,that is also good too.In a nutshell the major export that leaves Nigerian shore everyday is food stuffs.
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Lynakenz: 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
@bright, thanks but i need more insight into the biz, any contact or link for me abroad, and type of mainly transported foodstuff. How much do i need to start with i.e minimum, what are profit rates and rate for export. you can write me privately on chyksjo@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Lynakenz: 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
@bright, thanks but i need more insight into the biz, any contact or link for me abroad, and type of mainly transported foodstuff. How much do i need to start with i.e minimum, what are profit rates and rate for export. you can write me privately on chyksjo@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks . @zeeatah, am interested in the biz and we can partner. See my email above for private talks.
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by Lynakenz: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
@bright,pls i need more info and insight into the biz,as am very interested in it. How much is the minimum amount to start with, what is the profit like and cost of export. Do you know any possible link or contact abroad to link me. You can reach me for private discussions on... Chyksjo@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks.
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by onyeka205(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
Zee1: Thanks TTGIL- Useful link indeed. However, your seminars are delivered in Ogun state? i'm in London. My target is not to import raw materials to the UK per se, more of household provisions like processed foods e.g Nigerian cereals, saidine, geisha, yam flour e.t.c

Can you buy bitter kola? if yes contact me on campbell205@yahoo.com
Re: Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To Uk by gunuvi(m): 7:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Mr.Bright:
@ lynakez,be sure that everywhere Africans are found be rest assured of African f/stuffs market.People who can supply Palm oil (red oil) should give it a trial.Only if you can use ready made packaging of 1/2 litres container,that is also good too.In a nutshell the major export that leaves Nigerian shore everyday is food stuffs.
Yes, we also supply a woman our virgin coconuts oils in 2litres kegs that she export to uk to sell and she is making steady money and also increasing her demand everytime.
If any of you wants to toil this line, our company can help you produce a customised Virgin Coconut Oil for you.
Visit our website www.sebasicoconuts.com for detailed info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Shows Off What It Takes Her To Make Money In A Legit Way / Lady Flaunts Money She Withdrew From ATM, Says "I'm A Money Spender" (Pics) / Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.