Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... (488 Views)

Prophecies That Failed In 2021 - Sahara Reporters / 10 Nigerian Pastors/prophets Who Gave False Prophecies That Never Happened In 20 / Donald Trump: Were Christians Trying To Prevent Scriptures From being Fulfilled? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... by Chidany(m): 5:08am On Nov 19, 2018
BIBLE PROPHECIES THAT ARE BEING FULFILLED TODAY...

3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter

Scoffers shall come in the last days asking where is this, and where is that... Scoffers are atheists... They ask, "Where is the promise of his second coming? where is the ark of Noah? where is this and where is that? And then they scoff at believers... They ask where is the God ? where is the tree of good and evil? Bible call them Scoffers. We call them atheists... We shall see many of them as we approach the end of world... They will make fun of your scriptural beliefs and religious practices to draw you into the same error...

Re: Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... by Seun(m): 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2018
The above bible passage was written to address ‘scoffers’ who were mocking Christians at the time that it was written. It was not a prophecy.

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... by Standing5(m): 12:58am On Nov 20, 2018
Seun:
The above bible passage was written to address ‘scoffers’ who were mocking Christians at the time that it was written. It was not a prophecy.
The last days is from when Jesus died until when he returns and therefore that passage is addressing modern day atheists well.
Re: Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... by eddy1977(m): 1:41am On Nov 20, 2018
Standing5:
The last days is from when Jesus died until when he returns and therefore that passage is addressing modern day atheists well.

In other words; the last days are actually 2000 years long.
Sounds very dishonest and deceptive to those poor christians to whom Peter was writing his letter.
Re: Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... by Standing5(m): 1:43am On Nov 20, 2018
eddy1977:

In other words; the last days are actually 2000 years long.
Sounds very dishonest and deceptive to those poor christians to whom Peter was writing his letter.
God word is there to guide Christians and not some collection of letters.
Re: Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... by AHCB: 4:47am On Nov 20, 2018
You religious folks need serious help.
Re: Bible Prophecies That Are Being Fulfilled Today... by Chidany(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2018
HAS THE GOSPEL BEEN PREACHED IN ALL THE WORLD?

24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew

16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark

One of the reasons I read a lot of news is because I see a lot of Bible prophecies fulfilled in the things that are happening around the world. And this further reinforces my confidence in the Bible... Back in my primary school days I used to hear that prices and crime are on the increase. And as a child who was trained to think and talk positively, I will usually prophesy that by the time I get to the secondary school things will normalize and that prices will come down...But did my prophecies come to pass? Read the newspapers of the early 80s and that of today to find out how well my predictions did...Has things normalized? Has prices come down? My predictions simply did not come to pass. But look at Jesus predictions two thousand years ago and compare it with what is happening today...We read about the increase of wickedness and lawlessness all over the world...We read about big churches being built and a missionary sacrificing his life to bring the gospel to a people that have never heard about Christ... All of this are the fulfilment of Jesus predictions...
I once asked God why the end has not come? And he said that the end will not come until everyone hears the gospel of Christ... And I said does it mean that the early apostles did not fulfill the great commission? And he said yes, they could not... It was a great commission... It was bigger than them...
A little research has revealed some places and people in the world today who has never heard Jesus before... To reach this people, you risk being killed and eaten... There language is difficult...

(1) (Reply)

Take A Look At What This Ritualist Sent To Me / Egyptian Leader Laughs At Hijab Law In 1958 / Leader Olumba Obu Declares For Prayers Towards Saturday's General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.