Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President (410 Views)

2023 Zoning Battle: I Will Resign As PDP Leader If… — Iyorchia Ayu / Will Atiku/Obi Make Nigerians Proud after Buhari/Osibanjo the Candidates Flop? / Lawan Should Resign As Senate Majority Leader, If He Doesn't Understand His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by Itzjeff: 6:57am On Nov 19, 2018
Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President

As the election is getting closer, all things are gradually getting sets between all Presidential Aspirants for all the political parties.

But the big contender now is between the incumbent president Muhammad Buhari who is running for 2019 and ex Nigerian vice president Atiku Abubakar whose name #Aticulated all over social media.

But the question still remains will he be a good leader if elected the next Nigeria president?

Abubakar worked in the Nigeria Customs Service for twenty years, rising to become the Deputy Director, as the second highest position in the Service was then known. He retired in April 1989 and took up full-time business and politics. He ran for the office of governor in the Gongola State (now Adamawa and Taraba States) in 1991, and for the Presidency in 1993, placing third after MKO Abiola and Babagana Kingibe in the Social Democratic Party (SDP) primaries.

In 1998 he was elected Governor of Adamawa State. While still Governor-Elect he was selected by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential candidate Olusegun Obasanjo as his running mate. The duo went on to win elections in February 1999, and Abubakar was sworn-in as Nigeria's second democratically elected vice president on 29 May 1999. 

Abubakar's second term as Vice President was marked by a stormy relationship with President Obasanjo. His bid to succeed Obasanjo did not receive the latter's support, and it took a judgment of the Supreme Court to allow Abubakar contest after he was initially disqualified by the Independent National Electoral Commission on the grounds that he had been indicted for financial misconduct by an investigating panel set up at Obasanjo's behest. The Supreme Court ordered the electoral commission to restore Abubakar's name onto the presidential ballot. Abubakar ran on the platform of the Action Congress, having quit the PDP on account of his issues with President Obasanjo. Abubakar lost the election, placing third after Umaru Yar'Adua and Muhammadu Buhari of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).

Abubakar is a co-founder of Intels, an oil servicing business with extensive operations in Nigeria and abroad. He is also the founder of Adama Beverages Limited, and the American University of Nigeria (AUN), both in Yola, Adamawa.

What's your view Nigerians?

Source:: https://amebo9ja.com/will-atiku-abubakar-be-a-good-leader-if-elected-president/

Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by Itzjeff: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by cinoedhunter: 7:01am On Nov 19, 2018
angry personally, I dislike both Atiku and Buhari cuz Nigeria has better equipped candidates... but since na only their two, I will stick with the lesser evil

.... tongue
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 19, 2018
Be ye Buhari, be ye Atiku, none of them is after your interest. All of them are out to enrich themselves and their cronies

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by babyfaceafrica: 7:05am On Nov 19, 2018
no
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 19, 2018
Who knows? But I'm going to vote for him, to send the old man at aso rock back to his village, we've seen enough, we nor want change again embarassed
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 19, 2018
both atiku and Buhari are the same. the only reason people choose atiku is cos they feel it's better to kick Buhari out and replace with any other. the ones who believe atiku is a saint don't have common sense. they are both thieves and corrupt as with all politicians

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by SEGLIZ: 7:11am On Nov 19, 2018
cinoedhunter:
angry personally, I dislike both Atiku and Buhari cuz Nigeria has better equipped candidates... but since na only their two, I will stick with the lesser evil

.... tongue

it's not just both of them, their are other parties and their candidates. this is the issue with us in this country - deceit, we love deceiving ourselves then blame others for it.
we go openour eyes dey see the right thing but we behave like blind man dey do mumu folo folo. if you know say two of them no good go vote for dos people wey just show their face nobi the same set of thief.
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by Rickyzagy: 7:13am On Nov 19, 2018
What do you expect from someone who change party?

Atiku is still the same as Apc cos he is part of them
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by cinoedhunter: 7:14am On Nov 19, 2018
SEGLIZ:

it's not just both of them, their are other parties and their candidates. this is the issue with us in this country - deceit, we love deceiving ourselves then blame others for it.
we go open dey the right thing but we behave like blind man dey mumu folo folo. if you know say two if them no good go vote for dos people wey just show their face nobi the same set of thief.
U're totally right but u can't neglect Naija political factor... right now, we know that it's wither of them that will win ... left for me alone, I rather kill both and see who dares to contest grin
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by SEGLIZ: 7:18am On Nov 19, 2018
OneSentence:
both atiku and Buhari are the same. the only reason people choose atiku is cos they feel it's better to kick Buhari out and replace with any other. the ones who believe atiku is a saint don't have common sense. they are both thieves and corrupt as with all politicians

why us atiku the best choice? just because we made him the best, not because he his the best as against pmb. Nigerians can as well deploy the arsenals of their voting power to install a credible candidate than settle for already know failure. failures don't enforce themselves on us we always out of freewill empower and enthrone failure in Nigeria.
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by nzeobi(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2018
atiku has ideas that will put us on the part of growth if implemented holistically unlike the current one that only knows corruption.
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by SEGLIZ: 7:34am On Nov 19, 2018
cinoedhunter:

U're totally right but u can't neglect Naija political factor... right now, we know that it's wither of them that will win ... left for me alone, I rather kill both and see who dares to contest grin

I do understand you but one simple thing thing want us to realize is power lies in population. it now the depend on how we choose to utilize it. in every sphere of life population thus count. the only factor here that can come in their terms is election rigging and vote buying and thus two factors can also be subdued if the voters are willing to.
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by SarkinYarki: 7:37am On Nov 19, 2018
I am very sure Atiku will make a great president
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by cinoedhunter: 7:38am On Nov 19, 2018
SEGLIZ:

I do understand you but one simple thing thing want us to realize is power lies in population. it now the depend on how we choose to utilize it. in every sphere of life population thus count. the only factor here that can come in their terms is election rigging and vote buying and thus two factors can also be subdued if the voters are willing to.
Na the hunger for this country I fear most... and our stupid youths that will still do their biddings a d may even lose their life in the process.. wish the election will be free and fare , APC and PDP go hide
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by SEGLIZ: 7:52am On Nov 19, 2018
cinoedhunter:

Na the hunger for this country I fear most... and our stupid youths that will still do their biddings a d may even lose their life in the process.. wish the election will be free and fare , APC and PDP go hide

you are very right, the are worse case scenario in this game. I can't imagine doing the bidding of a life time on a piece of sliced loaf that won't hold a second. if only they can manage fast a day to secure the a better and lasting tomorrow.
the truth is if hunger dey wire them and anybody bring bread collect ham na still part of your inheritance wey dem don thief before, forget conscience go vote the the best candidate wey dey floor, if you don't want their bread go vote right all the same.
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by cinoedhunter: 7:54am On Nov 19, 2018
SEGLIZ:

you are very right, the are worse case scenario in this game. I can't imagine doing the bidding of a life time on a piece of sliced loaf that won't hold a second. if only they can manage fast a day to secure the a better and lasting tomorrow.
the truth is if hunger dey wire them and anybody bring bread collect ham na still part of your inheritance wey dem don thief before, forget conscience go vote the the best candidate wey dey floor, if you don't want their bread go vote right all the same.
Well, u've said it all... grin

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by Itzjeff: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Will Atiku Abubakar Be A Good Leader If Elected President by SEGLIZ: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2018
cinoedhunter:

Well, u've said it all... grin

I believe the real change is with and we can effect it if we decide to but the Nigerian youths like you said would only reason through anus and phones.
when it was said that the youths are lazy, he attacked en masse but the situation is about presenting itself, can we prove him wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Over 40 IPOB Members Arrested By Police, Charged To Court. / Breaking News: Sanwo-olu Adjusts Campaign Structure, Appoints Ambode’s Aide / Celestial Observation Part1.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.