Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why You Shall Not Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Shall Not Die? (229 Views)

You Shall Not Die But Live / You Shall Not Die- Osinachi's Children Pray For Her On Her Last Birthday (Video) / Pastor Emiaso Oke Emir Curses Lady: "You Shall Die Without A Husband" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Shall Not Die? by FreshGreen: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2018
WHY YOU SHALL NOT DIE?
(Discovering Purpose for your living)

This is a popular Bible verse among Christians in every part of the word, Psalm 118: 17, we quote it many times to affirm God’s promise for us for long life, we often quote like, “I shall not die, but live” This is a very good and sure promise of God for His children, but this Bible quotation is not complete, if we read as it is in the Bible, Psalm 118:17, It says, “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD” Sometimes, half quoted Bible may not give us the full understanding of the scripture.

What does this means? When the Bible tells me, “I shall not die, but live” Why? What is the purpose for me to be living on earth? Why is God sparing my life why many are dying? Why am I still living and have not died? Why? You see, if you don’t discover the purpose of a privilege, it is definitely going to be misused, abused and lost. Our living on earth is by privilege, not a right, and we don’t discover its purpose, then it will be misused, abused and lost at the end?

If we read the full verse of Psalm 118:17, it says, ““I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD” That is it! The purpose of our living on earth is to declare the works of God. We are not living to do things our ways; it’s not for the sake of making money, fame, name or getting possessions of this temporal life for ourselves. The purpose for which God created us and helping us to live to moment is to declare His works.

DECLARING GOD’S WORKS
The works of redemption and salvation, the work of sanctification and Holy Spirit, the work of reconciliation and so on.

THE WORK OF SALVATION: Declaring God’s works starts by declaring our sins, forsaking them, then dedicating our lives to Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, by diligently following Him and to be devoted to His work on earth. Salvation in Christ helps us to fulfill our numbers of years on earth. Psalm 38:18, “For I will declare my iniquity; I will be in anguish over my sin.”

THE WORK OF MINISTRATION: Declaring the works of God also involves preaching to sinners and ministering to the saints in different capacity. It may be by ministrations of pastoring, singing, drama, preaching, giving, praying, administrating, etc. When we are busy declaring the works of God, He will preserve us from premature dead because we are declaring His works. Here is the truth about this: When we are busy declaring the works of God, He will be busy destroying the works of Satan in our lives.

There are a lot of benefits in declaring the works of God, one of them is that it gives long full life and prevent premature death; we will not die prematurely so we can continue to declare the works of the Lord.

Psalm 30:9, ““What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth?”

THE WORK OF PRAISING GOD: God delight in the praises of His people. As a child of God, when you develop strong habit of praising God, He will preserve you from premature dead from the enemies. Psalm 22:22, “I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.”

THE WORK OF TESTIMONIES: We can also declare the works of God by sharing or giving testimonies. God will always want to preserve the lives of His children who usually testify to the goodness and mercies of God for His glory. Isaiah 42:12 “Let them give glory to the LORD, And declare His praise in the coastlands.”

When we are declaring the works of the Lord by devoting our lives to Him, doing His work, praising His holy name and glorifying His name, no power or person can terminate our lives until we finish the works God appointed for us on earth.

On the other hand, those who refuse to declare the works of the Lord will suffer premature dead, loss of lives and eternity.

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus, rededicate your life to Jesus, please click the link
http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries (RTEM)
Tel: +234 907 394 3088
Email: realitywithjesus@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Sitting At Jesus' Feet / Righteousness Consciousness / The Truth About Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.