Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Teenager Kidnapped In Enugu Found In Niger - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teenager Kidnapped In Enugu Found In Niger (256 Views)

Kidnapped Couple In Enugu Found Dead, Corpses Mutilated (photos) / Missing Lady In Enugu Found Dead With Stab Wounds & Her Pubic Hair Shaved Off / Teenagers Kidnapped In Ondo For Prostitution In Lagos: Slept With 15 Men Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teenager Kidnapped In Enugu Found In Niger by princeemmma(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2018
A 14-year-old boy, Lucky Godwin, who was kidnapped at Avuna River in Enugu State, has been found in Niger State.

Narrating his ordeal in Minna, the state capital, Godwin, who said he was kidnapped with another boy, said he escaped from his abductors by jumping out of the bus when it got to Bida.

“I didn’t know where they were taking us to until they stopped in Bida. I opened the door and ran away. When they could not see me, they zoomed off with the other boy.

“I never knew we were in Niger State until I escaped from the bus and met one Igbo man, who took me to a child right’s agency for interrogation.”

Describing how he was kidnapped, Godwin said two men came to Avuna River where they were fetching water, forced them into their red bus and drove off to an unknown destination.

The Director-General of Niger State Child Rights Agency, Mariam Kolo, confirmed the incident.

She said the victim was kidnapped at Avanu River in Enugu State and later found in Bida, Niger State.

Kolo, a lawyer, said Godwin was kidnapped alongside one other boy, who could not jump out of the bus when their kidnappers arrived in Bida.

She said: “The victim was brought to our office by an Igbo man living in Bida. After interrogation, the agency found out that Godwin lives with his grandmother in Enugu, while his mother lives in Jos, Plateau State.

“Investigation is on. I advise parents to monitor their children. They should be concerned about their whereabouts.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/teenager-kidnapped-enugu-found-niger/

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: 156 Former Insurgents Declare Allegiance To Nigeria / Man That Murdered Daughter Turns Himself Into Police Custody For Prosecution / Former ISIS Member Gets 10-year Jail Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.