Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:15 AM

Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking (13487 Views)

UBA, Access Bank, 10 Others Make Over N334bn Profit In Q1 2022, Pay N53bn Tax / Guaranty Trust Bank 10 Digit Number / Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Qtsnow(m): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2018
Africa's leading financial institution, Access Bank Plc has restated its commitment to sustainable banking practices that stimulate economic growth and development.

The Bank in celebration of 10 years of promoting sustainable banking recently held a week-long event across its several branches within and outside Nigeria aimed at reiterating the Bank’s commitment to sustainable banking.

Speaking at the flag-off ceremony, with the theme ‘Journey to a Sustainable Future,’ Group Managing Director/CEO, Herbert Wigwe, described the celebration as an opportunity to appreciate the results recorded so far while still setting the pace for better achievements in coming years.

In his words, ’The business of banking for us, goes beyond keeping money and making profit. We are very interested in the development and well-being of people and preserving the planet. I am happy at the progress we have made since we began 10 years ago, and I am very sure we will do even better in the coming years. I believe we have the most skilled, disciplined and ethical people in the industry and I can make bold to say that it is our collective effort as a team that has gotten us this far in our journey to becoming the World’s most respected African Bank.”

Corroborating the statement, the Head of Sustainability, Access Bank, Omobolanle Victor-Laniyan, added that these ten years, the Bank has initiated several ideas that demonstrated its commitment to promoting sustainability.

The event featured a series of activities including seminars, employee volunteering, movie screening and other exciting activities geared towards deepening the sustainability culture among staff. One of the highlights was the kick-off of the ‘Biggest Loser’ competition which aims at promoting a healthy lifestyle among staff.

Since 2008, Access Bank has continued to earnestly push the boundaries on matters relating to sustainability, building value for stakeholders by sustainably making profit, reducing environmental impact of its business operations, and developing the communities it serves.

See pictures from below

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Qtsnow(m): 11:20am On Nov 19, 2018
More

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by MJBOLT: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
access bank can give somebody wahala at times,congrats to them

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Kenmatt(m): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
I enjoy access bank's online hassle free and effective customer's service delivery.

9 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Bobbo(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good for the Nigerian business environment. Congrats to the company. E no easy to survive in this economy.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Starboytwo(m): 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2018
Access bank....my best bank so far

1 Like

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by tolu4you: 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2018
And accessbank in ijero ekiti robbed. More than two police and one killed this evening.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by OboOlora(f): 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ok so that’s why that their ritualist MD is giving them free food to steal their glory abi?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by channel801(f): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
The last time I checked, Access Bank was founded in 1989. Are they telling us what they did between 1989 and 2008 was not sustainable banking or are they re-writing their own history?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Gosj01(m): 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
And I wasn't given anything?
Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by allanphash7(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
Stupid bank

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by MorataFC: 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2018
allanphash7:
Stupid bank
why
Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by IntellectOzone(m): 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
Sterling bank all the way jere

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by toffyz(m): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
Access bank ado ekiti no celebrate anything today...shame on them
Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by ClassiqueMan: 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
grin grin grin

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by deri4luv1(m): 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
IntellectOzone:
Sterling bank all the way jere

I'm perplexed at this comment

1 Like

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by shogsman(m): 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
On the verge of cutting ties with them, their services are demeaning, useless bank.

7 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by chloride6: 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Acess and GTB are all Nigeria's biggest success story.

Bigger than Dangote IMO.

Those guys pevailed with tenacity and discipline.

Chop the head of your life.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by IntellectOzone(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
deri4luv1:

I'm perplexed at this comment

If you like intricate, sterling bank all the way

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Whois(m): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
Corpers bank

1 Like

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Kennyxton: 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Kudos for the celebration.

Has somebody ever wondered ... Why the success stories and profits of banks are not reflected on their staff, especially their contract staff?

Access Bank contract staff are one of the worse when you look at them in the ratio of effort to remuneration.

Ask them privately.
This is a first hand information.

When AIG was there, I was there.

I want to see a better Nigeria
It starts from me and you.

Jesus is the only way.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Xtaceeey: 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
channel801:
The last time I checked, Access Bank was founded in 1989. Are they telling us what they did between 1989 and 2008 was not sustainable banking or are they re-writing their own history?

Access Bank found in 1989? GTBank was founded before Access Bank and GTBank wasn't even found in 1989... Get your facts right!!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by oyezmar: 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
Defrauding Bank' awon weree, i will never forget wat u guys did 4me
Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by allanphash7(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
Seems you are not their customer
MorataFC:
why
Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by shogsman(m): 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
Awon oloriburuku, just dey commot my money anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by timmilehin(m): 4:46am On Nov 20, 2018
my best bank. tho, from Intercontinental
Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Omarizworld: 10:36am On Nov 20, 2018
channel801:
You checked where exactly?
Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Amaechi5(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2018
Bank with the best customer service in Nigeria.

New mtn night plan activation code 2018 here https://zpykiostech.com/mtn-night-plan-activation-code/
Re: Access Bank 10 Years Of Sustainable Banking by Rhayne(f): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2018
Yeah right, fond of making unnecessary debits. Corpers using this bank as allowee bank were seen as victims as other corpers kept on sympathising with them over unexplainable debits.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Experience About Online Businesses That You've Done Before. / EFCC To Re-arraign Ex-mds Akingbola, Atuche, Nwosu(alleged Fraud) / Nigerian Businesses Face Losses As The Twitter Ban Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.