Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' (28050 Views)

Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze: I'm paying my tithes and is still working for me / D’banj To Daddy Freeze: "I Pay My Tithes” - Singer Tells OAP At Omotola At 40 / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2018
PastorDannie:
i'm not denying d fact that tithe is being abused(i am a pastor too). But many churches are engaging in social responsibility projects. The church wouldn't go to the govt for finance,ok.
No it wont. Never said and not saying it should but saying it should go to the top leadership of the church who are running personal projects with money that can and should run church budgets instead of overtly financially burdening members in a messed up economy.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by openmine(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2018
PastorDannie:
Sir,tithe is not the same as alms giving. The bible is clear on this. And besides, no genuine pastor would force u to pay tithe(it is a matter of choice). The bible outlined blessings for paying tithe(not as if there are no blessings for alms giving). Tithing is a covenant with God(u cant be forced into it o). If u choose not to tithe,its fine. But,dont mistake tith for alms.
Bro I am not speaking logic....its there in the scriptures!
unless you are saying the scriptures are lying or like most pastors who choose what to obey and what to leave out!
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by PastorDannie(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2018
princfred:
No it wont. Never said and not saying it should but saying it should go to the top leadership of the church who are running personal projects with money that can and should run church budgets instead of overtly financially burdening members in a messed up economy.
Bro,i agree wit u on this one. But,if u find out that ur tithes and offering is being abused,u leave that church to a church were it is properly used. U dont stop paying tithes. And besides do u know that there is a percentage that is also meant for the priest?

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by openmine(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2018
PastorDannie:
Sir,tithe is not the same as alms giving. The bible is clear on this. And besides, no genuine pastor would force u to pay tithe(it is a matter of choice). The bible outlined blessings for paying tithe(not as if there are no blessings for alms giving). Tithing is a covenant with God(u cant be forced into it o). If u choose not to tithe,its fine. But,dont mistake tith for alms.
Oga try to read the comments I quoted before replying!
he asked where monies will be gotten for provision of the church and I reminded him of contributions and generous giving made that was done during the time of the early Christians!
As for your separation of tithes from alms,I think you are also wrong!
Deuteronomy 14,12 and 26 instructs Israel to give to the poor and needy!
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:26am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

Oh, all those N5, N10, N100 abi?

Are you saying people don't give much more as offering?

And what about donations towards whatever course that needs to be done?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2018
TheRealestGuy:

Are you saying people don't give much more as offering?

And what about donations towards whatever course that needs to be done?

Why do you think they come up with special donations?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2018
Eberex:

Why do you think they come up with special donations?

I mentioned donations even from my first post.

So what are you saying? undecided
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2018
princfred:

I concur. Some Churches are now heavily into charity, schoolarship etc The other time, Salvation ministries GO built and donated homes foe the elderly. Knowing those churches distributes the money towards those others is good so one knows that tithes and donations payed their can get across to the others like the Bible instructed.

Less than 10% of Nigerian Churches use less than 20% of there tithes for charities, in fact a lot people see Church as an enterprise, and those type of people don't follow the laws of God, and wouldn't distribute the tithe rightly.

Let donors share it. In fact, tithe is God's poverty alleviation program, not Pastors enriching program.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by porchbaby(f): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?
pls how do I benefit from ur foundation oh
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 11:37am On Nov 20, 2018
PastorDannie:
Bro,i agree wit u on this one. But,if u find out that ur tithes and offering is being abused,u leave that church to a church were it is properly used. U dont stop paying tithes. And besides do u know that there is a percentage that is also meant for the priest?

Another oga had this to say in relation:

kernel001:

Less than 10% of Nigerian Churches use less than 20% of there tithes for charities, in fact a lot people see Church as an enterprise, and those type of people don't follow the laws of God, and wouldn't distribute the tithe rightly.

Let donors share it. In fact, tithe is God's poverty alleviation program, not Pastors enriching program.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2018
kernel001:

Many black pastors no understand that last concept as they see tithe only and mainly as their reward. The spirit behind and essence of tithing. It's a social distribution and poverty alleviation like/as emulated in e.g US welfare scheme. In Nigeria, the reverse is the case as the poor contribute to have the rich pastors do personal investment more than for the money to be shared to the poor widows, fatherless, handicapped. Greed and self centeredness even in the house of God making Christianity ineffective in the country.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2018
princfred:

Many black pastors no understand that last concept as they see tithe only and mainly as their reward. The spirit behind and essence of tithing. It's a social distribution and poverty alleviation like/as emulated in e.g US welfare scheme. In Nigeria, the reverse is the case as the poor contribute to have the rich pastors do personal investment more than for the money to be shared to the poor widows fatherless, handicapped. Greed and self centeredness even in the house of God making Christianity ineffective in the country.

You're 100% right.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
PastorDannie:

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2018
kernel001:

You're 100% right.

It's a case of pay up and "OYO" so the people from church replicate same when in government after all what did they learn from church since childhood- the leader lives opulent as the people pay.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by kernel001: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
princfred:
It's a case of pay up and "OYO" so the people from church replicate same when in government after all what did they learn from church since childhood- the leader lives opulent as the people pay.

I like people who are sincere like you.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2018
kernel001:

I like people who are sincere like you.
To acknowledge reality, the essence and import of things is to live free.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
PastorDannie:
If u hav been a committed member of a real church ,u will know that the church undertake different forms of outreaches and kindom advancement programs. U will also know that the church runs on budgets which would be executed with money.

Lol

How often do churches engage in outreached / advancement

If you're saying churches only use tithe ' offering money for only That , then youre a fat lair

We all know a lot of tithe /offering goes to the pastors, workers, various guests, etc

Out reaches dont occur That often
And they aren't that expensive as you're trying to make it sound like
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2018
clemmonce:
no body says you cant pray by yourself, that is one of the reason Jesus came to die. If so much believe in Jesus as you claim then you should obey His commandments.

Good

And Jesus Christ never stressed the importance if tithes

Pastors will not tell you this, instead they go to Old Testament cause that's the only place it exists, forgetting we are not practicing Judaism
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by victorazyvictor(m): 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
naijjaman:

Politics and thuggery. That's your sorry life and not mine.
Sell your pvc and use it to support your dirty lifestyle and blame others.

Stop asking me for money because I am not father Christmas. I know those who are genuinely in need of help not addicts like you.

grin see ur nose like that of ur poor father grin
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by davestead(m): 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?

God bless you bro. May your purse never run dry and may God continue to bless you abundantly.

I love what you're doing. Although I haven't started making some real money cos I'm completing school soon but your model is the one to follow. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Lsofdk(m): 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
Edgarated:
I'm tired of this tithe issue stuff.
if you are tithing, continue.
if you are not tithing, hmm...,
if you are tithing to church continue.
If you feel tithing to church is not cool but rather using the money to help the needy..hmmm...
The bible made it clear...Malachi 3:10

--------------
Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in London or the Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396
And why is there no backing from the new testament undecided
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Lsofdk(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2018
sabi99:
bros abeg go read Deuteronomy 12. tithe when collected are given to the levites(priests) and then the rest is shared to the needy and the less privileged...go read it up...
And how many was given to Christ?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Charly68: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2018
Polchiz:

STOP this propaganda. The church still ask the congregation to make special contribution and donations for these activities you enumerated.
Some pastors are also placed on salaries and the money for that purpose still does not come from tithe.
Stop talking about what you don't know...are your church congregation contributing for pastor's salary been after paying your tithe ? Better leave such a church very fast ..Many things are attached to tithe ..evangelism, mission work,church rents ,pastors rents,Church building projects and others ..It is pure ignorance to think pastors are the ones spending your money .
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by balanceofterror1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

A foolish analogy in the emboldened. Neither Jesus Christ, nor his apostles and disciples, nor the early Christians solicited tithes. Infact, the rich young ruler that came to Jesus for counsel on the path to salvation, he was told to sell all he had and give to the poor and follow him. Note that he didn't mention anything about giving to the temple. He explicitly told him to give all that he has to the poor. Clearly, according to the teachings of the Bible, Christ valued the poor far above ancient Jewish laws that fraudulent pastors peddle to their gullible sheep.

Majority of Nigerians would rather give their money to the church than the poor and desperate because they see their tithing like an MMM investment: sowing to reap. And their pastors stress this message telling them about all the abundant blessings that would rain down on them if they are faithful in their tithing and other giving to the church. The charity matters less in the estimation of the tithers than the delusion that they are buying their salvation. You'd see someone that would faithfully pay 10% of his salary every month to the church but wouldn't even spare the change in his pocket to a beggar. Such a person is not driven by charity. He's driven by greed. Is it any wonder that even Yahoo boys pay tithes? grin

You only focus on the poor in the street what about the poor and needy in the church and over 10,000 church workers how do we take care of them?.

Pls educate me.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
balanceofterror1:

You only focus on the poor in the street what about the poor and needy in the church and over 10,000 church workers how do we take care of them?.

Pls educate me.

1) How much of the church revenue really goes into the welfare of poor members. Let's be honest about that? How much? Majority of churches appropriate revenue for expansion aims: whether building new church branches, schools, universities etc. How much really goes into the welfare of the poor.
2) I have no problems with people giving money to the church. I have no problem whether they choose 1% or 10% or 100% of their money. So long as it is solicited in the right way as free-will donations/gifts. I have a problem with the principle of tithing which is portrayed as mandatory and an entitlement of the church, which you would be committing a grave sin to violate. It is based on fraudulent interpretation of scripture, and appropriation of an alien tradition among ancient Hebrews (which even modern Jews don't practise), and manipulation of gullible flock to compel conformity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yomi Fabiyi Shares Remi Surutu's Grieving Photo & Gets Slammed / Omotola Shares Throwback Pics Of Her Kids To Celebrate Children's Day / Photo Of Uche Ogbodo And Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.