Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Arsene Wenger: My Over-coat At Arsenal Was Always A Problem. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger: My Over-coat At Arsenal Was Always A Problem. (397 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo, His Wife, Amara At Arsenal Stadium For Wenger's Farewell Match / I Have No Hieracy For Strikers At Arsenal - Arsene Wenger / Oxlade-chamberlain Admits Leaving Arsenal 'was The Hardest Decision He Ever Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger: My Over-coat At Arsenal Was Always A Problem. by dabblesports(m): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
Arsene Wenger ended his 22-year reign as Arsenal boss at the end of the 2017/18 season.

Rendering a service only a few managers in football history have achieved.

Despite an unimpressive end to his tenure with the Gunners, Arsene Wenger will go down in history as one of the greatest Premier League managers.

The Frenchman guided Arsenal to three Premier League titles, seven FA Cups and seven Community Shields during his reign.

While Wenger will be remembered as a top manager, he is also famous for his battles with his coat.

During the colder months of the season, Wenger would often wear a huge Arsenal coat.
Wenger often wear the coat on mid-way during matches and watching him try to do up his zip often brings laughter to fans.

Now, after leaving Arsenal, Wenger has finally opened up on his battle with his coat:

“Erm yes, in fact yes I improved in that.
“Yes, yes I was conscious because it was too long and sometimes it didn’t work and I struggled a lot.

“But in the end because people were showing it I was conscious I was under scrutiny.”

Arsene Wenger vs Unai Emery
Unai Emery replaced Arsene Wenger at the Emirates, with many fans then not pleased with the choice of Emery.
But since taking over as Arsenal boss, Unai Emery appears to be getting Arsenal back to their best.

After loses in his first two games in charge( against Chelsea and Manchester City), Emery has not lost a single game with Arsenal, going undefeated for 10 Premier League games in a row.

Emery’s pitch-side manner has also been compared to Wenger’s who would:

“Just sit there, trying to do the zip up on his coat!”

With Arsenal occupying the fifth spot on the EPL table, with 24 points (8 points adrift league leader, Manchester City), there are indications that the Gunners could leapfrog into the Champions League spot that has eluded them in the last two seasons.

visit: www.sportsfora.com

Re: Arsene Wenger: My Over-coat At Arsenal Was Always A Problem. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
E

(1) (Reply)

She Dances To Taki Taki And Killed It With Her Freestyle And Twerk / See The Highly Rated Tottenham Defender Mourinho Wants To Sign For Man United / Cristiano Ronaldo May Face 2-year Prison Sentence For Tax Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.