Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

When The Queen Is Ready, The King Will Come. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When The Queen Is Ready, The King Will Come. (1181 Views)

Conversations With The Queen. / On March 21st 2015 – Words Will Come Alive At #wordupvol9 / It Will Come To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When The Queen Is Ready, The King Will Come. by rockers: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2010
http://www./2010/07/when-queen-is-ready-king-will-come.html

So a couple of days ago while I was at work sitting down by my computer on facebook looking at people’s updated profiles, who has put up new pictures, who has changed their profiles from single to in a relationship and what new event is going on. The manager called me and sent me on an errand to go to the office next door to get something for him; while I was there I met two women who were deep in conversation, and they were talking about what else? Men!!! So seeing this as an opportunity to give my neck some really overdue stretching exercises, I started to eaves drop on their conversation.

One of the women started to talk about her ex and how she would never let a man hit her again and the other talked about how she has prayed to God that he should not bring any useless men across her way again. So I went back to my office and after trying to work for a while I realised that I couldn’t concentrate properly so I left the work and got to thinking, I mean who can go back to work after eaves dropping on that kind of conversation.
I’ve come across a lot of women who constantly complain about there being no good men left in this world and as someone who is totally against man bashing and funky attitudes when I see women like this I instantly conclude that their single status is no one’s fault but theirs, and in Will Smith’s own words ‘you only get what you deserve’.

Many women place their dating standards at a really high level, you hear a woman saying she wants a man who is physically fit, has a car, is educated and has a job that pays him way into the hundred thousands. But you look at the woman speaking and she is soooo jacked up, she has no job, is physically unfit and the only thing that she has that is close enough to a car is a bicycle. Okay look at things from this angle, you’re well educated, you’ve got yourself a well paying job and you take really good care of yourself. Tell me something; wouldn’t your standards be raised? Of course it would, because you have placed a high value on yourself by investing in yourself, so you can never settle for crap. So why the heck would you expect someone who has taken the time to invest in himself to settle for your crap?

Going back to the title ‘when the queen is ready the King will arrive’ I use the term King and Queen because I believe that on the inside of everyone there is royal blood. The thing that some people have not come to realise is that we have to be groomed before we can step into our royal opulence. Let’s take a look at Queen Esther in the Bible before the Queen was brought before the King she had to go through a beautification process and this process required her to take beauty treatments and be mentored.

This means that we also have to go through a beautification process to be able to receive that king that God has set aside for us. It means that we need to get our spirituality in order and start talking to God. We also need to get our finances in order like the virtuous woman in proverbs 31, also we need to learn to develop the habit of constantly educating ourselves so that we can hold a proper conversation without looking like idiots, I’m sure the ‘dumb blond’ term has a very interesting history. And last but not least our physical appearance, we need to learn that it is okay to look good, dress nice and feel good.
After we have managed to work on ourselves and let go of the funk we carry around, we can then start to see the Queen within us emerge, and this may even allow us to realise that the man we think is King is actually the post man, the boy next door or even someone else’s’ own King. It can allow us to fully let go of the boy so that we can make space to receive the King. And just in case you were wondering how you’ll recognise the King, that’s easy because when the King walks in everybody, stands up.
Have a good day beautiful people.

Read more: http://www./2010/07/when-queen-is-ready-king-will-come.html#ixzz0ulswLWCu

(1) (Reply)

Contributors Needed For Amoize Magazine / Taking Hard Decisions / A letter to life (a poem).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.