Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Share Your Travel Experiences - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Travel Experiences (728 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Nominate For Your Travel Section Poster Of The Year 2012! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Travel Experiences by xterra2(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2010
If you have travelled preferably outside Nigeria to europe,asia,america e.t.c
Please Post your pictures here or write your experiences (you can blur yourself if you like your privacy)
Please post lets explore the world together
Re: Share Your Travel Experiences by ta10: 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
I'm not sure if you have seen the other thread I started on this forum just a few days ago publicising my blog: http://theblackbackpacker..com/

I went to South America for two months and my blog is about my experience there. Also heading to South East Asia for a month in Sept!

If you look at the right hand side of my blog you can see links to others that have written about their travelling experiences.

Enjoy!
Re: Share Your Travel Experiences by xterra2(m): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^Oh yeah thats an interesting read
But why did you skipped days 1 3 and 4 ??

And other members please share your travel experience
Re: Share Your Travel Experiences by Meddler(f): 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2010
Currently vacationing in Morocco. Have to say it's quite a lovely and interesting country. So far everyone I've come in contact with are very pleasant. People here seem genuinely honest and helpful. I'm currently in Casablanca and had the pleasure of visiting Marrakech too. It's called the Red City because every single building is red.

I'm in love with the general culture. The families are so close knit and the food is amazing. I luv it here. The weather is so cool and u hardly see houses with ACs. And the houses are so majestic and grand. It amazes me how they tend to have more than one sitting area. So far what I've noticed is that there are no formal dining rooms. Just various rooms with an in built couch which are so ornately designed.

They have so many eateries it's ridiculous and the restaurants are outta of this world. They are so exquisitely planned. Oh and bread- well just say that Morocco will be a low carb dieter's nightmare. Every meal is accompanied with bread and I mean every meal even if u're having pizza lolol. They value their bread and they have a huge variety to choose from.

If you love to cook and love spices well welcome to spice heaven. There is so much variety it's ridiculous. And they are so affordable. For example, Saffron is so expensive in the US that I never bothered buying it. I just purchased around a pound of Saffron for $8!!! if that's not a steal I don't know what is. I just purchased 1 pound of cinnamon sticks for less than a $1.

The city is still up and coming. There's a lot of real estate construction going on and they are not affordable. Especially the beach side homes. Residences are already bought up even before construction is completed. They go really fast.

All in all it is a lovely city but the traffic is scary. They drive like crazy ppl here hahaha. Thank God I don't have drive here because I'll be dead. You technicaly have to learn how to drive all over again here.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Travel Experiences by ayomifull(f): 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2010
@ meddler's post
Nice one! Sounds like a place to think of in the nearest future.

Been to Dubai and absolutely love it. It was a few years back so cant really remember much now but overall it was one of my unforgettable vacations.

Hopefully, i will come back here in 2 weeks time after my holiday.
Re: Share Your Travel Experiences by Meddler(f): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
ayomifull:

@ meddler's post
Nice one! Sounds like a place to think of in the nearest future.

Been to Dubai and absolutely love it. It was a few years back so cant really remember much now but overall it was one of my unforgettable vacations.

Hopefully, i will come back here in 2 weeks time after my holiday.

Yep u really have to check it out. Just make sure to learn a little bit of french or Arabic.
Re: Share Your Travel Experiences by ayomifull(f): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2010
Meddler:

Yep u really have to check it out. Just make sure to learn a little bit of french or Arabic.

Its a no no then grin
Re: Share Your Travel Experiences by malaika(f): 7:37am On Jul 30, 2010
:/
Re: Share Your Travel Experiences by Jarus(m): 1:00am On Nov 21, 2015
Dubai is my favourite holdaiy destination. Love to go with my family every year.

(1) (Reply)

Qatar, Uae, Bahrain And Kuwait / www.babefishing.com: The Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match. / How To Get A Student Permit With South African Visitors Visa In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.