Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,609 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) (1203 Views)

Best Strategy Games For Android Device In 2020 / Best Andriod Strategy Games / Anyone Here Play Strategy Games? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
I'm not sure if this list is based on nostaligia, but these are my top RTS games you can try out and not be disappointed. Don't mind the release dates, they'd be worth it even in the year 2030.

Real time strategy games are games that you develop steadily through different stages of civilization by gathering resources (food, gold, stone, wood etc.) and building your community and fighting other colonies to gain territories until you conquer the whole map. One would fight humans and animals.
It has an adjustable bird eye view that helps one view the whole land mass.
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
1. Rise of Nations

Released 2003.
The best thing about this game is the fact that one starts developing from stone age to technology age when one could use nuclear weapons, badass armored tanks, airplanes, Anti-aircraft etc. So you can't just get bored. It also has options for unlimited resources for people who are just starting in the franchise to get a hang of it before playing the default mode.
It's totally worth it

1 Like

Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
2. Age Of Empires 1

Released 1997

The nature of the gameplay is so natural and takes you back to the way people used to live. The downside is that the age of development is still limited to the olden times but, it is far from boring. And it has one of the best soundtracks in gaming history.

Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
3. Age of Empires 3

Released 2005

This is the 3rd installment in the AOE series. This one allows change of weather and one can also develop to the age of guns and canons so it is an upgrade from the 1st and 2nd installments. And it is far from boring.
Plus, This game has the best soundtrack on the gaming history. At least to me. If you get it you'll surely not regret one bit.

Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2018
Age of Empires 2

Released 1999

This is the second installment of the AOE series. It isn't bad but, i prefer the other 2. More like the 1 with upgrades and improved graphics but, you'd definitely notice the significant difference from the first installment. Totally worth it

Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2018
4. Starcraft

First release 1998

I confess, i haven't played this one. I only watched the gameplay online but, it has a reputation in the RTS line and i feel it deserves to be mentioned. So, try it out at your own risk grin
Nah JK, it won't be that bad.

Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by crafteck(m): 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
Nigerians dnt like rpg talkless of rts
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2018
Hehe... No mind dem. But these games are bloody cool. They're some of my best games. Cuz it tasks your brain. And when you go to sleep you start thinking of how to go around the enemy fence the next day.
The game keeps you engaged throughout the time you haven't finished it

1 Like

Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by Sparklar: 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2018
Age of mythology
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by wman(m): 12:19am On Nov 21, 2018
StarCraft is my favorite.

Strategy games that sell the most in Nigeria: Rise of Nations and Age of Empires 3

Other good strategy games not on this list:

Command and Conquer
Sid Meier Civilization

We sell all of them and deliver all over Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by seunpayne(m): 12:56am On Nov 21, 2018
How is Starcraft 2 not on this list?
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 5:21am On Nov 21, 2018
seunpayne:
How is Starcraft 2 not on this list?

It is oo... I haven't played it That was why i didn't specify the entry number
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 5:22am On Nov 21, 2018
wman:
StarCraft is my favorite.

Strategy games that sell the most in Nigeria: Rise of Nations and Age of Empires 3

Other good strategy games not on this list:

Command and Conquer
Sid Meier Civilization

The post says "RealTime" not "TurnBased"

Civilization is a terrible game. No offence to the developers.
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by seunpayne(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
LucemFerre:

It is oo... I haven't played it That was why i didn't specify the entry number

Easily my best. If it was turn based then I would say XCOM 2. Can play that game over and over again.

Modified

Before xcom comes football manager o. Just got FM19. My wife is already furious...she knows what is coming
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by Lana1(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
No Total War game in this list?
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
seunpayne:

Easily my best. If it was turn based then I would say XCOM 2. Can play that game over and over again.

Modified

Before xcom comes football manager o. Just got FM19. My wife is already furious...she knows what is coming

Hahaha... I can't for the life of me figure out why people love FM though. Maybe, it's just because i don't like turn-based gAmes (shrugs)
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
Lana1:

HAven't played it. You can add it to the list and give a little insight wink
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by seunpayne(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
LucemFerre:

Hahaha... I can't for the life of me figure out why people love FM though. Maybe, it's just because i don't like turn-based gAmes (shrugs)

Luce we will quarrel o. FM Is life. Life is FM. nuff said.
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by seunpayne(m): 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
Lana1:

I can’t be a dick about this but total war is really hard to love. It tries to do so much at the same time...always managing to get no part perfectly. I’ve played a few...mostly meh
Re: Top Real-time Strategy Games (PC Duh!) by LucemFerre: 5:37am On Nov 22, 2018
seunpayne:

Luce we will quarrel o. FM Is life. Life is FM. nuff said.

Lol... Sorry sir grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy Or Swap A PS4 Game CD For Xmas / Jürgen Klopp's New Formation In PES 2020 / 3 Months Old Xbox One S 1tb And Two Controllers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.