Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg (11432 Views)

Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves / Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote / Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by henrypsexy(m): 9:52am On Nov 21, 2018
Facebook: I have no plans to resign , says Zuckerberg

Embattled Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Tuesday he has no plans to resign, sounding defiant after a rough year for the social platform.

“That’s not the plan,” Zuckerberg told CNN Business when asked if he would consider stepping down as chairman.

He also defended Facebook chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg, who has drawn criticism over her handling of the social media giant’s recent crises.

“Sheryl is a really important part of this company and is leading a lot of the efforts for a lot of the biggest issues we have,” said Zuckerberg.

“She’s been an important partner to me for 10 years. I’m really proud of the work we’ve done together and I hope that we work together for decades more to come.”

Facebook has stumbled from one mess to another this year as it grappled with continuing fallout from Russia’s use of the platform to interfere in the 2016 US presidential election, the Cambridge Analytica scandal in which user data was harnessed in a bid to help candidate Donald Trump, and a huge security breach involving millions of accounts.

Most recently, an investigative piece published last week by The New York Times said Facebook misled the public about what it knew about Russia’s election meddling and used a PR firm to spread negative stories about other Silicon Valley companies and thus deflect anger away from itself.

“It is not clear to me at all that the report is right,” Zuckerberg said of the Times article.

“A lot of the things that were in that report, we talked to the reporters ahead of time and told them that from everything that we’d seen, that wasn’t true and they chose to print it anyway.”

Zuckerberg also defended his company against the broader wave of flak it has taken this year.

“A lot of the criticism around the biggest issues has been fair, but I do think that if we are going to be real, there is this bigger picture as well, which is that we have a different world view than some of the folks who are covering us,” he said.

“There are big issues, and I’m not trying to say that there aren’t… But I do think that sometimes, you can get the flavor from some of the coverage that’s all there is, and I don’t think that that’s right either.”

AFP.

Read more: https://amebo9ja.com/facebook-i-have-no-plans-to-resign-says-zuckerberg/

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Chieftroller(m): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2018
shocked
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Injiggerwolf(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2018
He's still very young and agile for the job....

Besides .... he is cutting cost by not hiring someone else that could be costly.

At least earning his $1 monthly is better than hired CEO that can earn up to $4.3million monthly .

10 Likes

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Richdad50(m): 10:23am On Nov 21, 2018
A once household name is now been forced to resign. He started well until he allowed liberal machines push facebook to a point of no return. When he started sensoring the gospel against LGBTQ (alot of them on this forum), that was when i knew his time is up. No one or company fights the undiluted words of God and escapes.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by atikulated2019: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2018
Mark stop killing fb account,, don't you know no job in this country that's why
Men run to Rituals
Yoloba Men run to Minning Construction
Ibos Men run to Drug and Pharmacy
Hausa Men run to Urban Development & Crisis
Jubril why undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2018
if i were to be in your shoes bruv i wont ever have plans to resign too.... kos thats the plan of the devil....

5 Likes

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2018
henrypsexy:

Embattled Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Tuesday he has no plans to resign, sounding defiant after a rough year for the social platform.

Zuckerberg also defended his company against the broader wave of flak it has taken this year.

“A lot of the criticism around the biggest issues has been fair, but I do think that if we are going to be real, there is this bigger picture as well, which is that we have a different world view than some of the folks who are covering us,” he said.

Good point

There is certainly a place for investigative journalism, helping to correct social injustice.

However you also have to admit that some journalists do go overboard and get obsessed over people's perceived flaws while ignoring any positive impact they are making...

3 Likes

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Edgarated(m): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by chinavs9ja(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2018
How will he resigned? Ride on and eat out of your labour till Jesus come.

Start your own website or blog today...I am a web designer and SEO writer kindly check my signature for my number
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Sirpaul(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2018
Kudos... that's the ENERGY
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Emmafe(m): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2018
Mark my man

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by yungrylex00(m): 10:29am On Nov 21, 2018
Dem too dey block our account... Bros resign o

4 Likes

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by yesloaded: 10:31am On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Naijawebmaster: 10:34am On Nov 21, 2018
Spirit of an Entrepreneur
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Ruddyman(m): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2018
Good ONE
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by free2ryhme: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2018
henrypsexy:

“That’s not the plan,” Zuckerberg told CNN Business when asked if he would consider stepping down as chairman.

He also defended Facebook chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg, who has drawn criticism over her handling of the social media giant’s recent crises.

“Sheryl is a really important part of this company and is leading a lot of the efforts for a lot of the biggest issues we have,” said Zuckerberg.

“She’s been an important partner to me for 10 years. I’m really proud of the work we’ve done together and I hope that we work together for decades more to come.”

Facebook has stumbled from one mess to another this year as it grappled with continuing fallout from Russia’s use of the platform to interfere in the 2016 US presidential election, the Cambridge Analytica scandal in which user data was harnessed in a bid to help candidate Donald Trump, and a huge security breach involving millions of accounts.

Most recently, an investigative piece published last week by The New York Times said Facebook misled the public about what it knew about Russia’s election meddling and used a PR firm to spread negative stories about other Silicon Valley companies and thus deflect anger away from itself.

“It is not clear to me at all that the report is right,” Zuckerberg said of the Times article.

“A lot of the things that were in that report, we talked to the reporters ahead of time and told them that from everything that we’d seen, that wasn’t true and they chose to print it anyway.”

“There are big issues, and I’m not trying to say that there aren’t… But I do think that sometimes, you can get the flavor from some of the coverage that’s all there is, and I don’t think that that’s right either.”

AFP.

Read more: https://amebo9ja.com/facebook-i-have-no-plans-to-resign-says-zuckerberg/

e know concern us oooo
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by jrusky(m): 10:53am On Nov 21, 2018
This guy enemy at work. The world old cargoes kept bent on to make sure youths are totally annihilated from being anything but it wont work.

Mr Zuckeberg don't resign carrying on as their boss let them go and die. That is why I hate partnership business because you will labour so hard to start a business and you called them.in and they will ends up destroying you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by NJPot(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2018
Can one resign from his company?
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by juniorstar(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2018
The more the money, the more the heat simple
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 21, 2018
alignacademy:

Good point

There is certainly a place for investigative journalism, helping to correct social injustice.

However you also have to admit that some journalists do go overboard and get obsessed over people's perceived flaws while ignoring any positive impact they are making...

My brother good news does not sell as well as bad news, Majority of Humans aren't interested about your positive impacts, especially if you are famous, ONLY NEGATIVITY SALES LIKE HOT CAKE
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Hydee247(m): 11:01am On Nov 21, 2018
And you are asking our own BUHARI to resign undecidedAnd you are asking our own BUHARI to resign
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Jiang:

My brother good news does not sell as well as bad news, Majority of Humans aren't interested about your positive impacts, especially if you are famous, ONLY NEGATIVITY SALES LIKE HOT CAKE

LOL

Sad

But are you not planning to be famous?

Talk true...
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by julietto: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2018
NJPot:
Can one resign from his company?

He his the founder but not the only owner of the company any longer. A lot of investors own the company too.

So they can unsit him as the CEO or Chairman of the company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by Techvenge: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2018
Zuckerberg is a god among men. If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by trilobite: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2018
You'll resign from the company you betrayed your best friend to start? I think not.
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by SocialJustice: 11:31am On Nov 21, 2018
Mark Zuckerberg will be at Facebook until he is either incapacitated or dies. The boy loves power even more than money.
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by GetCofOProperty: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2018
Why should Zukerberg resign? He's doing a good job...

If interested in acquiring genuine land or property in your choice location with Peace of Mind, you can reach us through the contact in the signature below or click the WhatsApp chat link to chat with us.
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by anambraamaka: 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
R
Re: Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg by jayextra(m): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
yungrylex00:
tongue
yungrylex00:
Yahoo boy or Fb Feleb...which one u be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gospel Truth Pls, Are There Genuine Online Biz That Work In Nigeria? / CBN Drops Interest Rates By 50bps To 13.50% / Funke Akindele Is Dettol Clean Naija Campaign Brand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.