Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says (24397 Views)

Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs / Shehu Sani Reacts As Fashola Says "Some States Have Almost 24 Hours Supply" / Buhari's Administration Set To Fly After Initial Slowdown - Fashola Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by Tecno66: 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
elderken:
Fashola the crazy man
He said power supply is not rocket science. I am sure he has found out that it is more complex than rocket science.
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by faithfull18(f): 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hahahah, just change the change jor.
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by EagleSquare1(m): 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
Carry on Mr. Minister. Na bad belle people at work. You just appropriate their juicy ministries just like that. They thought you would fail in your duties but you are forging on with purpose and sincerity. Good job, sir. But please eat better and take care of yourself. You have lost so much weight since assuming office, your hair has gone more gray. It isn't in vain though
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by emmanuelzi(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
EmagNig:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has mentioned that even though it is true the current administration promised change to Nigerians, it didn't mention it will come within 4 years.

Fashola said this at the inauguration of President Buhari’s 2019 campaign in Ikeja, Lagos State on Tuesday November 20th.

“In 2014, we said we would change Nigeria but we did not say we will do it in four years. This election therefore is a choice between going forward to the next level or backward because the work has already begun.

Since I became a minister, the president has never interfered in what I do. He has never lobbied me for contract and I can assure you that it is like that with other ministers.

The oil revenue the former government took advantage of, what did they use it for?” he asked

Speaking further, Fashola took a swipe at the main opposition party, PDP. According to him, the opposition would not have lost the election in 2015 if they had performed very well.

“We have watched what happened in 16 years of nothing to show. Some people are trying to rewrite history now. You don’t sack a good employee. If they are living in delusion and say it was good governance, why did they lose the job? In 2017, the budget on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway was cut from N30 billion to N10 billion. You know who was presiding (then).

“Buhari has inaugurated an infrastructure development fund to ensure that Lagos-Ibadan, Second Niger Bridge and Abuja to Kano Road would never suffer funding problem again. Just yesterday, the two contractors on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway got a total of N15 billion to continue the work. The same thing is true of the Ikorodu-Sagamu Road. That road, for , was nothing to write about.”
://lailasnews.com/we-promised-change-to-nigerians-but-not-in-4-years-fashola-says/

when did I change my phone ringtone.
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by EagleSquare1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
Some people are seriously in seefye pains. Pls act faster

Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by luckycliff: 11:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
thunder wey no get lightening go fire someone
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by kharmakhazy: 12:04am On Nov 22, 2018
the Benson man of d year.!Na so u do for Lagos wey u say picking wey ni book ni dry repeat class but at d end of d dY u were beggn for another tenure....u are not a man of ur word......u remember u said government in power who cannot fix electricity in 6month is not government....so who u be?
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by olabodeogun: 12:41am On Nov 22, 2018
princealexndre:
well for me I have travelled 4 states within this past 3 weeks and stayed 4 day at least in each... I must tell you I was impressed.. Back in Lagos now and everything seems Absolutely fine concerning power supply.. I think if we can maintain and perfectionate. The change we are seek we shall enjoy...

Please can you mention the states.
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by hundredrivas(m): 3:56am On Nov 22, 2018
Fashole is a failure and is spewing trash as usuall.The minister of darkness is telling us that he and apc failed woefully in the last 4years . Infact na baba God go take time from his very busy schedule to punnish all of una for there.Omo ale idiot.

Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by thunderbabs: 4:33am On Nov 22, 2018
Fasola shouldn't let jubrin spoil his reputation o with all his stupid campaign for him. Coz fasola don dey attract curses on himself with all d nonsense he has been saying in recent weeks.

I know he loves that office he is holding and wants to remain but he cant be there forever.

There is time for everything
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by EmirAbj: 4:41am On Nov 22, 2018
Egbon Raji, Tell That Man In Aso Rock Boya Jubril Is His Name Or Buhari To Start Arranging Himself For A Welcome Parry In Daura Come March 2019
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by orisa37: 5:25am On Nov 22, 2018
Buhari should just step aside for Osinbajo in 2019.
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by duncun: 6:19am On Nov 22, 2018
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by RillJ(m): 6:36am On Nov 22, 2018
Who/what(ever) did this to Fashola is capable of destroying anything.
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by Roon9(m): 6:46am On Nov 22, 2018
lailo:

are u blind? all those he wrote up there is report sheet abi?even d unborn can see what fasola is doing,extensively Buhari.

You are not making sense oga
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by jamomi: 6:46am On Nov 22, 2018
Go home and deceive your father and forefathers not we. Ode Oponu Mumu wawa Alede. Buhari must go
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by DavIkenna(m): 7:37am On Nov 22, 2018
EmagNig:
In 2017, the budget on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway was cut from N30 billion to N10 billion. You know who was presiding (then).

“Buhari has inaugurated an infrastructure development fund to ensure that Lagos-Ibadan, Second Niger Bridge and Abuja to Kano Road would never suffer funding problem again. Just yesterday, the two contractors on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway got a total of N15 billion to continue the work. The same thing is true of the Ikorodu-Sagamu Road. That road, for 16 years, was nothing to write about.”

https://lailasnews.com/we-promised-change-to-nigerians-but-not-in-4-years-fashola-says/

From 30b to 10b, yet the contractor received 15b. What can we call this? Corruption?
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by Timtim007(f): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2018
Mr minister of darkness, where is our power...you said you could fix it na
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by Suspicious111: 8:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Thunder weh get enemy will fire you. Ijiot[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]

Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by omoharry(f): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2018
blacknp:
Who will give you electricity when you do not want to pay?Nigeria has the lowest electricity tariffs in West Africa,shameless people,you think electricity is cheap?,why didn’t shell and general electricity buy the infrastructures when pdp sold it to quacks?

Same goes for gasoline,Nigeria has the cheapest petrol in west Africa,who will invest their money in the oil and gas sector to build refineries when the people don’t want to pay the rates demanded by the markets?They want the government to subsidize everything for them?what this present government has been able to do is amazing,nothing good comes easy,Blackman not ready to sacrifice,wants to eat and piss in the same place. Lazy specimen.
why you kon dey talk like this...we are the most disadvantaged citizens in the world..tell me what we are benefiting as citizen of Nigeria..aside from the air we breath..we pay for everything..so..tell us.. You must be one of those that are benefiting from this corrupt and wicked system...OR MAYBE YOU ONE OF THESE PHCN AGENT..IF YOU ARE YOUR REWARD DEY FRONT.

While you sit on your golden high horse to lanbast your fellow disadvantage citizens over electricity payment ..have you ask your self, why people are now reluctant to pay thses nonsense over estimated bill?..Let me tell you oga..I am one of those people that suffered from over estimated bill .I rember on countless occasion writing to PHCN for metre placement and a review of our over estimated bill which we have been paying for four year after our prepaid metre got bad and PHCN refuse to give us another one becasue the are benefiting from then exorbitant charges they give to us. Even when they dont provide electricity for three weeks the bill will still come anyway and we are expected to pay whatever nonsense amount they bring..

our series of appeal to the PHCN office for a review on this over estimated bill continued to fall on deaf ears.So we decided that PHCN should cut the light after we stop paying their rubbish bills ..that we are better off using Generator as it cheaper.At least we are able to pay what we consume..So dont stand there and tell us that the our Government have leaved up to the most basic expectations of the citizens...They are still strugglin to provide even the basic and cannot even do it well..yet we pay our taxes and VAT from our salaries and stuff we buy from the shops....is it water, good road, electricity, health care..? we are not asking for too much, all we are asking for is just electricity , good road and health care ..but here you are, playing the Devils advocate that we deserve what we are getting becos we refuse to pay for darkness.
Do you think if govt makes it mandatory and provide prepaid metre to every house hold..there will be issues with non payment...of cos not..becos Nigerians will know that they will only pay what they consume ..but the Government / PHCN are playing politics with this prepaid meters becos they are benefiting from the over estimated bills.
Nigerians love good things and they will pay for it if it is provided in good quality and readily available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by Ayobami7(m): 10:42am On Nov 22, 2018
上海上港集团队
Re: We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says by bigfish3k: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2018
blacknp:
Who will give you electricity when you do not want to pay?Nigeria has the lowest electricity tariffs in West Africa,shameless people,you think electricity is cheap?,why didn’t shell and general electricity buy the infrastructures when pdp sold it to quacks?

Same goes for gasoline,Nigeria has the cheapest petrol in west Africa,who will invest their money in the oil and gas sector to build refineries when the people don’t want to pay the rates demanded by the markets?They want the government to subsidize everything for them?what this present government has been able to do is amazing,nothing good comes easy,Blackman not ready to sacrifice,wants to eat and piss in the same place. Lazy specimen.

who told u that we dont want to pay

let them provide the electricity and give us prepaid meter, that will solve that problem of "you dont want to pay"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Have Crossed The Rubicon - Shettima / Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians / Dele Momodu Defends Buhari's Age On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.