Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday (39265 Views)

NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) / Senator Akpabio To Be Formally Received Into APC On Thursday - APC UK / CAN Wants The FG To Relocate Nigerian Embassy To Jerusalem - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by Islie: 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
......... Because Of 'Thanksgiving'

The United States Embassy in Nigeria has announced that its offices in Abuja and Lagos would be closed on Thursday, November 22, 2018.

Giving the reason for the closure, the US Embassy stated that the closure would be in observance of Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is a federal holiday in the United States celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November.

The embassy announced the closure through its official Twitter handle, @USEmbassyAbuja via a tweet that read: "The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, will be closed on Thursday, November 22, in observance of Thanksgiving. Thank you for being part our community!!! Happy Thanksgiving!"

The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, will be closed on Thursday November 22 in observance of Thanksgiving. Thank you for being part our community!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
— U.S. Mission Nigeria (@USEmbassyAbuja) November 21, 2018

http://saharareporters.com/2018/11/21/us-embassy-close-abuja-lagos-offices-thursday-—-because-thanksgiving

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by shukuokukobambi: 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Jibrin has chased them out because they are asking about Buhari's whereabouts angry

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by ipobarethieves: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
cheesy grin wink cool happy thanksgivings day.God bless USA.Abeg nah wen is Atikulator going to US again?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by SarkinYarki: 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
I thought they were closing because of the Dullard

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by zlantanfan: 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
My people No lefulendom no erection

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by shukuokukobambi: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
BankeSmalls:

They demanded that the real bubu must c o me back before they resume.

So I heard o

1 Like

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by Stalwert: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
[s]
SarkinYarki:
I thought they were closing because of the Dullard
[/s]

Hungry post devoid of reason

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by shukuokukobambi: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
BankeSmalls:

You also heard the real bubu is resting in an unmarked tomb in somewhere grin

No. I didn't hear that one

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by atikulated2019: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
A German girl married a Spanish man & went to Spain.. She can't speak Spanish.. Each time she wants to buy chicken legs, she would lift her skirt& show her thighs to enable the seller understand her... This went on for sometime.. One day she wanted to buy banana.. So She took her husband to the shop.. (dont laugh listen Dirty minds) Because her husband speaks Spanish very well.

31 Likes

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by 3millionia: 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
atikulated2019:
A German girl married a Spanish man & went to Spain.. She
can't speak Spanish.. Each time she wants to buy chicken legs,
she would lift her skirt& show her thighs to enable the seller
understand her... This went on for sometime.. One day she
wanted to buy banana.. So She took her husband to the shop..
(dont laugh listen Dirty minds) Because her husband speaks
Spanish very well.

grin

I was here because i though US don close the lagos and abuja embassey permanently cos of Buhari, i was already wailing and expecting to attac..... grin

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by ridbell01(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
5% people want to hear bad news but they are disappointed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by Enemyofpeace: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
So these people too dey do harvest and bazaar like our church. Na where there church dey?

1 Like

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by tstx(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
Some people wont like this

Meanwhile yall need to read this.. Especially if you are an African
4 Unethical Medical Experiments That Used Africans As Guinea Pigs
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by OkoyeA1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
shocked
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by Lankybaby(f): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
when are they resuming...cos that's very impt to me
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by lonelydora: 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
Buhari, you see your life?

Who put powder for passport again?

1 Like

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by Purplehyde(m): 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
Rubbish
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by dokunbam(m): 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
Happy thanksgivings day.God bless USA and Nigeria too
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by obafemi04(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
I thought Lagos USA embassy has been closed long b4 now.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
And wen are they to resume?

bcauz i need to apply for Visa of "no returning back to this zoo".

and i pray the visa will be out b4 2019 elections, bcauz both Jibril, Atiku, Rochas, Uche Nwosu, Hope Uzodinma etc are all desame (thiefs) only come to steal nothing more.
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by Heffalump(m): 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
shukuokukobambi:
Jibrin has chased them out because they are asking about Buhari's whereabouts angry

Buhari is a failure. Everything falling apart left, right and centreembarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by WeyreyHunter: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
shukuokukobambi:
zlantanfan:
My people No lefulendom no erection

BankeSmalls:

They demanded that the real bubu must c o me back before they resume.
ridbell01:
Enemyofpeace:
So these people too dey do harvest and bazaar like our church. Na where there church dey?
africanusvu:
Closed down just to observe I day respect for the dead presidio that died last time now replaced by Jubril am Sudan.thanks USA for respecting the lifeless one.when urs dies we shall RETALIATE

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by deebrownneymar: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
So why only Nigeria?
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by africanusvu(m): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
Closed down just to observe I day respect for the dead presidio that died last time now replaced by Jubril am Sudan.thanks USA for respecting the lifeless one.when urs dies we shall RETALIATE
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by wordcat(m): 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
ridbell01:

Keep deceiving yourself, Apapa gridlock is not only for the 5% people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by bestpunterever: 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
Heffalump:

Buhari is a failure. Everything falling apart left, right and centreembarassed
even your life self

1 Like

Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by hazardneymar: 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
Why!!!!!!!! Atiku has not received his visa Yet
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by sambrow(m): 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
shukuokukobambi:
can't you read before you comment?
Re: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Thursday by cacnig111: 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
Register ur company today with CAC via an accredited professional
Location:Lagos but we can deliver certificate anywhere in Nig
Cal/Whatsapp: 070-3467-2434

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lockdown: Makinde To Relax Curfew, Secretariat Reopens On Monday / Nigeria’s Navy Warship Just Arriving Dakar To Oust Out-gone Jammeh / Senator Alphonsus Igbeke Accused Of Using 8 Children For Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.