Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Q&A: What About Gambling? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Q&A: What About Gambling? (373 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Gambling? / Sports Betting : What Does our Religion Say About Gambling? / Is Gambling A Sin? What Does The Bible Say About Gambling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Q&A: What About Gambling? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
Q&A

Q: What about gambling?

A: To fully understand gambling, we first have to understand the law God has instituted for prosperity.

That law is stated in Luke 6:38, “Give, and gifts shall be bestowed on you. Full measure, pressed, shaken down, and running over, shall they pour into your laps; for with the same measure that you use they shall measure to you in return.”

You can see that the biblical law of prosperity is the law of giving and receiving and is designed to benefit both the giver and the receiver.

Gambling in any form is against that law. It is a form of taking, not giving, and it does not benefit all concerned.

In a gambling situation someone has to lose. In fact, in most cases, gambling depends on the majority of people losing and only a few being winners.

It perpetrates the false idea that others have to lose, or be in lack, for someone to win and have abundance.

That is why gambling is contrary to God’s law. God’s law is guaranteed—there is no risk involved.

In God’s principle of sowing and reaping, everybody wins! God’s desire is that everyone be a winner.

God truly wants to bless everyone, but it has to be done through the Word of God and spiritual law.

He created this planet with more than enough for everyone to live prosperously.

Even though man has managed to disrupt God’s plan through sin and greed, everyone who is willing to follow God’s principles can reverse it in his own life.

Send your questions today, and I will reply you by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit within me.

+2348126401351

Thank you.

Re: Q&A: What About Gambling? by MuttleyLaff: 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
"23And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
24And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
26And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias;
and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
"
- Acts 1:23-26

Acts 1:23-26 above, is just one of the many narratives about casting of lots in the bible
The Bible does not anywhere in it, condemn gambling, betting, casting lots or the lottery

If the gambling, betting, casting lots or the lottery is about trying to get rich quick, then it is an absolute NO, NO.

There is a time and place for everything.
The occasional have a flutter, is OK but that's if it can be afforded
and not be done, at the expense of someone's else good welfare and wellbeing
Re: Q&A: What About Gambling? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"23And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
24And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
26And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias;
and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
"
- Acts 1:23-26

Acts 1:23-26 above, is just one of the many narratives about casting of lots in the bible
The Bible does not anywhere in it, condemn gambling, betting, casting lots or the lottery

If the gambling, betting, casting lots or the lottery is about trying to get rich quick, then it is an absolute NO, NO.

There is a time and place for everything.

I would say, gambling is always done at the gambler’s expense or wellbeing, when he loses.
Re: Q&A: What About Gambling? by MuttleyLaff: 9:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
PastorDavidAwuj:
I would say, gambling is always done at the gambler’s expense or wellbeing, when he loses.
I would say, we all take take risky action(s) every moment and every day, in the hope of a desired result
and so like I earlier put it: there is a time and place for everything.

Gambling, casting lots etcetera is not a bad thing if it's done within accepted bounds
Re: Q&A: What About Gambling? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I would say, we all take take risky action(s) every moment and every day, in the hope of a desired result
and so like I earlier put it: there is a time and place for everything.

Gambling, casting lots etcetera is not a bad thing if it's done within accepted bounds

I hope you see how it is contrary to God’s law of prosperity from my post above.
Re: Q&A: What About Gambling? by MuttleyLaff: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
PastorDavidAwuj:
I hope you see how it is contrary to God’s law of prosperity from my post above.
I hope you saw where I typed that the Bible does not anywhere in it, condemn gambling, betting, casting lots or the lottery
but that, if the gambling, betting, casting lots or the lottery is about trying to get rich quick, then it is an absolute NO, NO.

I also typed that there is a time and place for everything.
Re: Q&A: What About Gambling? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2018
Coming shortly... Activate the Power.

(1) (Reply)

Transforming From Mortal To Immortality / Is There Any Sin Unforgivable In Christianity / As A Christian, Must One Believe Everything In The Bible To Be Literally True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.