Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Unilorin Ranks 31st In Africa, 1st In Nigeria - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unilorin Ranks 31st In Africa, 1st In Nigeria (675 Views)

Unilorin Beauty Set To Release Her Book / NW Writing Contest Is Still On:..deadline May 31st / Who Ranks As Your Best Horror Writer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Ranks 31st In Africa, 1st In Nigeria by ms4sure: 9:19am On Jul 27, 2010
THE University of Ilorin (Unilorin) has, again, come first among Nigerian universities by international assessment.

According to the latest edition of the Webometrics ranking web of world universities, Unilorin emerged 31st in Africa, having scaled down some 24 other African universities that ranked above it in February.

While only two Nigerian universities were listed among the best 100 in Africa in 2008, five universities made the list in 2009, with the University of Ilorin being 77th in Africa and second in Nigeria.

By February, the university became first in Nigeria and 55th in Africa, with the total number of Nigerian universities in the best 100 remaining five.

The current ranking indicates that the Nigerian university system has improved significantly, with 16 universities listed in the best 100 in Africa and among the first globally competitive universities.

Meanwhile, the registrar of the university, Mrs Olufolake Oyeyemi, has said over 20,000 candidates are waiting to replace any member of staff that is not productive.

The registrar, who was represented by the deputy registrar, establishment, Mr Emmanuel Obafemi, said this during a meeting with administrative, executive and secretarial staff of the institution.

According to her, some workers of the the university spent few hours at work daily, while others were in the habit of reporting late to work.

She said more than 20,000 applicants responded to the recent advertisement published by the university, while warning those with bad attitude in the institution to desist.

http://supergoal.justgoo.com/
Re: Unilorin Ranks 31st In Africa, 1st In Nigeria by vescucci(m): 4:24am On Jul 31, 2010
I'm an alumnus of this yeye school. So what? Why is this in Lit section anyways?
Re: Unilorin Ranks 31st In Africa, 1st In Nigeria by DaPressy(m): 12:55am On Aug 05, 2010
shocked

vescucci, u're a disgrace to the "Probitas Doctrina" University. In fact, I doubt if you've ever been to the Ilorin City let alone attending the most coveted University, "Unilorin, my Alma Mata". U should know where the phrase comes from; that's only if u were ever a student there.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Unilorin Ranks 31st In Africa, 1st In Nigeria by vescucci(m): 1:22am On Aug 05, 2010
Worse by far, happy now? My mum's from the town, can you top that? Boot Camp Sanguinoso should be the mantra instead grin

I love the place jare. It's tough love you see and my dislike for hype

(1) (Reply)

Publishing On The Cheap / Kindly Help To Choose Btw Two Book Covers / Poets Freestyle Lounge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.