Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Didier Drogba Confirms Retirement From Playing Football After 20 Years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Didier Drogba Confirms Retirement From Playing Football After 20 Years (274 Views)

Ronaldo Bans Mother From Watching Football After She Fainted Twice In Stadium / Fernando Torres Retires From Football After 6-1 Final Match Loss In Japan(Photos / Usain Bolt Retires From Football After Two Matches! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Didier Drogba Confirms Retirement From Playing Football After 20 Years by Isabitalk(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2018

Two-time African Footballer of the Year, Didier Drogba has retired from his football career after “an amazing 20 years.” BBC reports that the 40-year-old Cote d’Ivoire legend, himself confirmed the news, saying:

“After 20 years, I have decided to put an end to my playing career.It’s the best way to end, helping some young talent to develop. To give something back to the game was the best way to finish as I have learned so much in the game.

Drogba played with the English Premier League team Chelsea where he won 4 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cups, 3 League Cups, and the Champions League. He has also played in China and the USA with Phoenix Rising, which he co-owns. He’s been named the African Footballer of the Year twice.

Read more at: https://www.khorgist.com/2018/11/didier-drogba-confirms-retirement-from.html

(1) (Reply)

EPL: Why Arsenal Must Finish In Top Four – Unai Emery / Winning In Nou Camp Not Mission Impossible - Pochettino / WIN BIG!!! Hot Expert Betting Tips For Today 29/11/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.