Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) (649 Views)

Madam(an Intriguing Story)(chapter 6-11) / Madam(An Intriguing Story) / The Candle In The Wind - Episode 4 (an Intriguing Love Strory) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2018
Have you ever imagined being in a do or die competition with the person you value so much?

Well, that's the case of Sandra Onochie.
Stay glued to see it for yourself.

PS: This story [Desires] is completely fiction, any resemblance to a real situation is completely coincidental.

The exclusive right to make money or fame from this story is reserved for the writer (Thewriter2018).

Do not plagiarise!
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chapter 1 [The beginning]

"You don't have to do that," Sandra barked furiously, dropping the photograph on the table and hitting it carelessly. Her eyes are teary and her hair dishevelled. She has been all by herself day dreaming and reminiscing the good days with Samuel.

Papers and clothes scattered across the room, and The large frame mirror that had previously hung aesthetically on a side of the room were now in pieces. Her bed were in ruins from the tossing aside of the pillows, bed sheet  and blanket.

She sat on the floor with a note on her right hand side and a bottle slightly opened too. She had been like that for over an hour and the cloth she uses to dry her eyes had been soaked with tears.

Suddenly, her phone rang but she remained still. Then it rang again and again, and she reluctantly raised her hands and reached for it.

Samuel was the one calling.

"How can you be the one calling me?" She yelled at the phone without even answering it. She rejected the call and switched off her phone.

As soon as she ended the call, the painful scene that she had witnessed in the earlier hours of the day flashed back into her memory and she could see everything clearly as though it was being replayed on a television.  With that she broke into another episode of cries.

With tears still streaming down her cheeks and no one to comfort her, she picked up the paper and pen, and started to write:

I now understand everything woman. I now understand every single damn thing. You should have told me earlier that you were this bad so that I would have avoided you like a plague rather you pretended to be a saint. All this times you severely warned me to avoid Samuel but now I understand very well why you did that. I have always respected and looked up to you for guidance and morals but look at what you have done now; you have shattered my hope and broken my heart.
How could you have gone this far? Why must it be Samuel,  why mother? You are not even worthy to be called a mother again. Why must you do that with Samuel? Why?
I don't even know how long you have done that with him but you should know that I am so ashamed of you.

I am taking my life, and it is your fault mother.

As for you Samuel,  I reserve my comment.

And with that she dropped the note on the floor, picked up the bottle and opened it. She emptied all the content in her mouth. And after some seconds she started shaking hysterically and vomiting foam from her mouth.
She was dying slowly and no one was there to save her.
Her eyes were shutting and she was quickly loosing contact with the world.

Suddenly, a loud bang erupted from the door, and a silhouette of someone screaming her name loud was all she could hear and see as she lost contact with the world.
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chapter 2

Two weeks earlier.

Let us begin with the loud generators  that caused nuisance with their loud sounds and vibrations in the neighbourhood; The dangerous fumes and the deafening sounds springing here and there. In this neighbourhood, the Power holding company hardly restores electricity especially now that it was the raining season.

Would one blame the average citizens living in this part of the city? They struggle with the economic situation of the country when they go out for their daily hustle and still come back home to battle with the heat and especially mosquitoes. How would they do that? Certainly by turning on their generator sets that are burdened with faulty exhausts, engines and other vital parts.

Hence, the loud noise and vibration.

The sun had already gone down 2 hours earlier but some part of the large bright star was still visible on the west side, though its light was dimmed and pale like the local lantern. Some of the people that had no generator sets leaving in that area were outside observing the mysterious sun directly, though people had been warned not to do so. while the ones that had their generator set on, basked in the house watching television.

Mrs Bridget Onochie or rather Mrs B as popular called and her household comprising of herself, Sandra her first and only daughter and Promise her only son were amongst the ones with their generators turned on. Though she has been separated from her husband five years earlier, she still bore his first name.

Sandra wasn't the regular type of girl. Her eyes are blue unlike every other person, her hairs are wavy and curly, her lips pink and her body shape was a killer. Everything about her is appealing except for the little scar on her neck  which had lingered for so long courtesy of the mistake she made when she was younger; when she was 9 years old to be precise. she was naive and inexperienced on how to deal with sharp objects. It was during one of those times she and her younger brother were left in the care of a nonchalant baby sitter that she had cut the left hand side of her neck with a sharp knife. It was an accident but a very serious one at that matter. She almost bled to death if not for the angelic response of her father who was a medical doctor.

Mrs B was in the sitting room watching television. Promise was in his room busy with his phone while Sandra was in the kitchen preparing dinner. Normally they would have taken dinner already by that time but Sandra was out and didn't come home early and Mrs B was in her Shop.

"Mummy the food is ready." Sandra announced from the kitchen, just few inches away from the sitting room.
She expected her mother to join her in the kitchen but she (her mother) didn't.

she must have been carried away by the Indian love movie playing on the TV. Sandra had thought and ignored her to bring out the food.

When the food was set on the dinning table, Sandra startled her mother by tapping her gently on the shoulder.

"The food is ready," she announced  again, as she watched her mother react.

"Oh! You startled me."  Mrs B almost screamed.
"What did you say?" She asked.

"I said that the food is ready." Sandra said and also muttering some words.

Mrs B ignored her mutterings, "Set the dishes while I go call Promise." Mrs B responded.

"Don't worry mummy I will call him myself instead."

And with that she headed to Promises' room.

She knocked on the door, and announced that the food is ready without waiting for a response from the person inside.

"Okay I will join you soon." Promise said from the room.

They were supposed to be silent when eating diner and today wasn't different and they were indeed silent.

When the meal was about to finish, Sandra broke the silence with a gleeful smile and soft laughters while bitting her lips gently.  She was indeed very happy.

"Mummy guess what. Promise guess what." She demanded happily.

"What now?" Promise asked nonchalantly.

Sandra ignored his uncalled-for attitude.

"Mummy. Promise. Samuel has asked me to marry him," She declared.

"Wow! That's awesome," Promise exclaimed dropping his spoon, he was beginning to smile gleefully too.
"And what did you say?" He added.
"I said yes of course." She said raising her left hand up for them to see the engagement ring.

Promise was genuinely happy for his sister and Sandra too was basking in the aura of love and excitement that filled her heart.

All this while as they were exchanging handful of smile and giggles, they noticed something wrong, Their mother wasn't happy; her face was pale.
"What's wrong mummy?"  Sandra asked.

"Yes! What's wrong mummy? Why are you frowning?" Promise added.

"You cannot marry that man." She said blatantly.

Sandra's happy face quickly turned to a surprised and some how angry face.
"Why mummy? Why's that?"
"I said that you cannot marry him and that is final."
 With that harsh word she stood up and left the sitting room shattering the good news and leaving Sandra gloomy.

As Mrs B headed to her room, she was muttering some curses under her breath and was barely audible.

That was the end of the dinner as Promise carried his food into his room to finish it up and Sandra packed the plates and leftovers and dumped them in the sink.
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chapter 3

Day 2

Our elders say that if a child bites his tongue while an adult feeds him, then the adult must be held responsible for eating up the child's food.

What now happens?

It's dawn and cock crows can be heard coming from a far distance. Sandra is tossing on the bed after been awoken earlier by the loud beeps from her alarm clock and chirpings of the birds outside.
 She hasn't garnered enough strength to get up from the bed but she watched as the ceiling fan rotated- All thanks to the Power holding company for giving them electricity today. 
Her neck arched, it must be from the awkward way she had slept in the night.
In the night, she didn't ponder much about the words her mother had said to her. She remained incredibly unperturbed after she had spoken to Samuel before she slept. Hence, she was gloomy for a short time.

Like every other working daytime, she climbed down from the bed, gave the birds some grains and set for the bathroom. Normally, she would have gone to her mother's room to check on her but today was quite different, she was going to leave the house without talking to her mother and also she wasn't going to make or take breakfast at home. Her intentions were to make her mother change her mind, but she didn't know- she didn't know who her mother really was.

Her shower was a very quick and quiet one; No songs, No humming or her regular onanisme.

The day was a friday, so her dress code would be different. Today, she was going to put on a black tight short gown -that barely crossed her knee, with a red jacket, a pair of black heels laced with light brown colored materials and a black handbag. Today was going to be an interesting day for her yet she didn't know.

Her office was about fifteen minutes drive from her home.

A large advertising company that was one of its kind in the whole country was the place she worked as a receptionist. It was already 6:30pm and she had over an hour to be in the office- hence, she had a lot of time to take breakfast. 

'Foodies and gourmet palace' down the road was her choice.

The door bell chimed as she walked into the fast food.
A middle aged man on the inside of the fast food had his mouth subconsciously  making an 'OMG' exclamation  as she walked in. He wanted to walk up to her but stopped when a hard smack landed on his shoulder- he looked up to see an angry woman gazing at him like a hungry feline. It was his wife.

"Ojukwu! Do not try me this morning at all. If you will not help in the kitchen this morning you better leave my shop and do not come back again. And who are you salivating for? That girl?" She pointed towards the direction Sandra sat.

"I am sorry. I was just taking my own breakfast. I will join you soon." The man said painfully.
He was a chicken; too weak and easily controlled by his strong and manipulative industrious wife.

Sandra ignored them.

On the TV were bad news; sad news of the things happening in the country.

A headline that read: "A group of suspected herdsmen has butchered thirty seven people and still counting in Dorno state," got Sandra shaking her head disdainfully.

"When will this killings stop?" Sandra said sadly not knowing that her voice was a bit too loud.

"The killings will never seize until they gain whatever it is that they want." Someone on a table behind her suggested.

"I said it. They will continue the killings until everyone converts to their stupid religion." Another pale looking man likely to be in his late sixties interposed.

Another man sitting with the old man smacked him lightly, while also shushing him.
In a whisper he said, "shut up Moses someone might be listening and you will get us into trouble."

"Oh! Please, I do not care if they do anything more to me. What have they not done? I have lost my son already to the hands of this stupid terrorists and..." the man whined on and on complaining of how unfortunate he has been.

"What do you request madam?" A young man in his early twenties asked wearing a smile. He broke Sandra's concentration.
"Oh! Cappuccino, brown bread and some omelette please." She requested.

The young man scribbled down some words on the large note he was carrying before hurrying away to take orders from the other customers.

When breakfast ended, she paid and left the place leaving some tips for the young bright man who  she had grown to like.

When she got to the company, she met a great number of people outside who were waiting to be attended to. The gatekeeper had let them into the premise but not into the office building.

"Look the receptionist is here," a middle aged woman announced to a group of people who were with her, once she sighted Sandra alighting from the taxi.

They could see her from the inside due to the way the gate was designed.

"We will go first." Another woman said.

"For what reason? Don't we have a list or are we not on queue?" A man angrily interjected.

Before one will say 'jack Robinson' a quarrel had already ensued.

Sandra ignored them as she walked into the office.
Those ones exchanging banters continued but those ones minding theirselves kept silent and quietly followed her into the office where they will be attended to by Sandra.

Sandra worked tirelessly attending to clients of various stratification.

When work ended at 4 o'clock and every clients had all gone, Sandra was arranging some files and ready to go when her landline ringed.

Her boss wanted her in her office; madam Theresa or Madam T for trouble wanted her in her office.
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chapter 4

Once Sandra had mustered enough courage, she dusted off some imaginary dirt from her gown and readjusted it for the umpteenth time.

"Why does she summon me?" Sandra kept muttering to herself over and over.

She was perspiring and was very anxious and so, She wiped off the sweat and headed to her boss's office some few rooms ahead.

She walked down the office passing other staffs. Some were hurrying home while others were arranging their files and some others chatting away their time. She was jealous of them for they weren't the ones invited by Madam T at this odd hour.

Why must it be me? She asked mentally. She was already standing on the door before her boss's office. She took a lungful of air before knocking on the door.

"Come in," a deep hoarse masculine voice ordered from the office that it's door was slightly opened.

Sandra pushed the door wide open and walked in, she felt a sudden drop in the temperature.
She was quick to notice the beauty hidden in the office and the amount of architectural and aesthetical work that was dedicated in making the office what it is. Chandeliers hung from the ceilings, tapestries on the walls, vases containing artificial bunch of flowers comprising of different exquisite varieties of flowers were on different spots in the office; the small tables, shelfs and empty wooden fancy boxes.

The large round table made of iroko timber that occupied a large part of the office closer to the window facing the outside world had neatly stacked documents arranged on it, a desktop computer on the right and a laptop computer on the left.

A refrigerator as tall as an average human being stood on the left side of the office with a waste bin by it side.

Madam T sat comfortably in the large office chair that was creatively laced with plenty fur. She looked up, letting some pressure off Sandra by blessing her with a mild smile.
"Sit please," she gestured.

Sandra quickly sat in one of those three seats that graced the front of the office table.

"Good evening boss." She greeted immediately she sat.

"Good evening too," Madam T responded.
"I can't help but to confess that you look quite very beautiful today."

"Thank you."

Sandra smilled uneasily and Madam T noticed.

"Make yourself comfortable please," she said, pausing to observe her facial expressions, "I can tell by the look on your face that you are probably worried and thinking about what I would say to you, right?"

Sandra simply nodded with a fake smile while making rapid eye contacts with her; She couldn't keep her eyes fixed on the older woman.

"Well, I summoned you here to inform you that you will no longer serve in the capacity of a Receptionist," she stopped to observe Sandra's reaction.

Sandra was expressionless. She didn't know what to do as all she was thinking at that moment was to be handed a sack letter by her boss.

"Your letter of promotion, curriculum vitae and level of education were reviewed and we noticed that you were underemployed in your current position. That's why you have to rejoice young woman because you have been promoted. Henceforth, you shall serve as the head of Internal affairs department," Madam T broke the odd silence. She stood, stretched forth her hand for a handshake.

Sandra filled with excitement couldn't help it, she was already shedding tears out of joy but she managed to stand and shake her boss.
"thank you boss," she sang.

"Your replacement will resume on monday. Here is your promotion letter," she said handing an envelop over to Sandra.

Sandra kept on smiling even after she left the office.
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chapter 5

It's 7pm already and the atmosphere was filled with reason for laughter in the house. Sandra had already read the content of the letter to discover that an official car has already been assigned to her.

Earlier before she left the office she had called Samuel on the phone to inform him of the new development.

Sandra was in the kitchen making Abacha that will serve as dinner when the door bell rang but she ignored expecting Promise to come attend to the door-but the door bell persistently rang and it forced her to attend to the door herself.

She peered through the doorcheek.

It was her mother.

She quickly unlocked the door and opened it wide, "Good evening Mummy," she said once her mother stepped inside.

"Good evening too. What took you so long to open the door?" She asked curtly, frowning her face. 

"Sorry about that mum, I was busy in the kitchen."

"What about Promise?"

"He is in his room. I guess he got his earphone on his ears. By the way, how was you day mummy?"

"My day was fine and yours?"

"Fine too. No, not that. My day was very great. I got promoted today."

"Oh! That's good." She said without any feelings attached before walking to her room to freshen up after a long day out.

It baffled Sandra that her mother didn't react as she had expected but she neglected it and returned to the kitchen to continue with her cooking.

When dinner was ready and as usual, Sandra informed her mother that the food had been set on the table and that she would head to Promise's room to call him.

The family of three gathered on the dinning table as usual; Mrs B on the end of the table while Promise sat on her right and Sandra on her left. Sandra directly faced Promise.

When dinner was eaten halfway, Sandra couldn't hold the news any longer.

"Promise I got promoted today. I will be resuming work as the head of the internal affairs. Is that not wonderful," she burst gleefully.

"Wow! I am so happy for you. Yesterday you got engaged and today you were promoted. I also want that kind of luck in my life,"  Promise said enthusiastically.

"That means that securing my employment in your company is now as easy as abc," he concluded.

"Will you Shut up my friend," Mrs B barked furiously facing Promise.

"Why mum? What did I do?" He asked with a slightly hurt tone.

"Mum, for Christ sake he didn't do or say anything wrong, He was only expressing his joy over the good news," Sandra interjected.

"And what would you do if I shout at him? What? Beat me uh? Ah! Ha! I see! You have grown wings, right? You now challenge me because of that little promotion?" She raised her spoon to point at her, "now listen and listen attentively the both of you, never will you talk about that marriage of a thing again in this house or you will pay dearly for it."

"But mu...." Sandra was saying.

"Shhh," Mrs B said raising her forefinger.

"Mum, I..." Sandra tried saying again.

"I said you should shut up, If I hear you say a word again then I will shut your mouth for you."

Sandra was pissed off and couldn't do much. She arose and left the dinning table. She almost pushed the crate of eggs that were parked at a corner of the dinning.

She ran into her room with the hope of finding consolation but it didn't come. She remained there for the rest of the night without talking to anyone about it.
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chapter 6

Day 3

The choral birds that had refused to get tired of singing for Sandra had already arrived en masse for their daily early morning hymns which they did judiciously.  They all perched on the huge orange tree its branches were already encroaching stubbornly directly into her room. Though Sandra had tried her best to chase the beautiful birds away yet she couldn't help but relax since they wouldn't stop coming.

Today was different, it was as though the birds knew about her sorrow and had a different and more consoling rhythm for her.

It was like this:
 Two birds were making  'kwi-kwi-kwi-kwi-kwi-kwi.....' sound. Five others were making "oou huu- oou huu- oou huu-oou huu," and numerous others were whistling in a soft and gentle manner like heavenly choirs. It was a heart melting experience. Sandra was thinking by that time that nature is always aware of the way people's felt at any moment.

In her usual way, she shifted the curtain to the right side and slightly opened the window and bent to pick a cup containing grains she fills every day. She waved it outside to scatter the grains on the ground and once she had done that, the birds seized chirping and flew down to pick the free food.
It was a beautiful scene to behold. The male larger birds were picking the food slowly but the smaller females were picking them hurriedly. And that would make one wonder if eating too much food really is what makes one huge or rather self confidence?

Once Sandra had dispersed the seeds, she waited for a while before closing back the window. It was a bright Saturday morning with its amazing weather.

The birds had done their job and she too had complemented them. Now was the time to face more important issues; she had load of chores to do.

She got into the bathroom to ease her self. Still inside the bathroom, she received a notification on her phone.  She checked as soon as she came out of the bathroom; it was a text from Samuel and it read:

"Good morning my darling. I don't mean to upset you but we can't go out again because I need to attend to something very pressing and urgent outside town. I should have called you instead but I didn't muster enough courage to do so.
Take care of yourself and remember that I love you."

"What the f*ck is this?" Sandra swore. She dialed his number but it was switched off.

Angrily she tossed the phone on the bed and left the room to catch a fresh breath outside.

She didn't let the text Samuel had sent to her burden her and she started doing the chores; she started with the sweeping and gradually everything else followed including scrubbing the floor and cleaning every surface in the house. 

She finished the chores around 10am and then she took breakfast.

By that time, Promise had already left the house and only she was at home.

What to do now? She thought mentally.

It wasn't rocket science but she pondered on it for a long period and finally arrived at a conclusion. She was going to her mother's shop.

Was it a bad idea by her? Let us see for ourselves!
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chapter 7

Mrs B's Pov

The modern day wonder woman, a rich and affluent woman that commands respect amongst her mates. The one and only Mrs B who single handedly chased her husband away from the home they built together. The fair woman whose skin colour makes the people around her wonder if she is of a west African or of a Caucasian descent.
In all her glory and beauty, she dazzled in the tight black trouser and a red dress that hung right after her navel.

Her shop, a very popular beauty saloon located in the heart of the city was where she took her full glory. She was the boss and every other person was a subsidiary. Her own work was majorly admistrative but once in a while she would personally serve the highly placed and powerful ones that came to patronize her shop. And Today like one of those days, she was in her office relaxing after attending to a government official that had just left.

Ring!  Ring!
Her phone starts ringing. Without much ado she picks up the phone, quickly glancing and capturing the callers identity, and then her face lit with smiles and she was indeed happy.

"Hello! my darling," she said flirtatiously once she accepted the call and placed it on her ear.
"Yes! My baby girl. My car is packed at the front of your office. I am waiting," the person on the other side of the phone replied.

"Okay." She said ending the call.

She begins dusting off some imaginary dirt from her dress, adjusting her hair as though disheveled. She took her handbag from the table, frisking through it to bring out a designer's perfume perfectly concealed inside of it.

She applies it on her body before removing the flat slippers she was putting on to replace it with heels.

She stares in the large mirror to see herself.
"Perfect! I must say, baby girl you don't age at all," she whispers.

She turns, backing the mirror to view her rear, "oh! My geeeeee! Look at that ass! You are the real B baby, any other one is fake and...." she continues showering the praises on herself.

Once she was satisfied with her look, she moved.

Her shop was designed in such a way that once you come out of her office, you walk through a short passage before coming into the main hall divided in five sections namely: the manicure and pedicure section; human hair and weave-ons section; Men's hair cut section; tattoos and piercing section and finally the administrative sections. Each sections comprises of at least three employees except for the administrative that had only two; herself and Felicia.

"I won't be back today," she says as she walks pass felicia, the young newly employed sales girl and record keeper.

'Okay ma!" She responds.

She changed her gait to a more elegant one to intimidate her employees. A step at a time was the rhythm as it caused the hall to be filled with the unique sound created when the pointed sole of a heel hits the surface of a tiled hard floor.

Once the other staffs had noticed her presence they all seized talking. She didn't speak to anyone or hear anyone speak to her as she stepped outside. She walked down the parking lot adjacent her shop where no one from her shop could see. It was literally out of eyeshot.

Outside was a young man with neatly shaved beards, dreadlocks, white polo, black joggers and a pair of red sneakers. He was resting on the body of his car when he sighted Mrs B walking towards him.
His eyes widens as he dashed forward embracing her.

"Baby B I have missed you so much. Wow! You look so amazing, I must confess. Look at you this hot chick. Turn around for me to see something behind your back." he pleads.

Mrs B swirls around letting her liquid-like buttocks shake provocatively to the satisfaction of the man before her.

"I have missed you too," she confesses genuinely with a giggle.

"Oh! I didn't know that. Hop into the car let's start moving already."

"Yes oooo my darling Richard, I cannot wait to let you have me this afternoon," she said leaning forward and kissing him on the temple.

And immediately they drove off.

Felicia shook her head sadly from the place she had hid while watching her boss.
"So, what they said about her is true?" She wondered.
 "No it can't be. I cannot judge her by this alone. I wish, I just wish that I heard what they were saying."

She bit her fore-finger lightly. Rising up from the side of the trash-can she had hid herself. She watched the car speed into the expressway and off they went uptown.

She walked into the shop and she suspected that some people were really gossiping about something they didn't want her to hear. She ignored all of them and walked straight to her own position.

Someone from the men's haircut section, a frail funny looking guy that had a feminine feature walked towards her. He stopped at the counter that bridges the customers.

"Didn't I tell you?" He asked warily.

"Tell me what?" She replied curtly.

"About our madam. Didn't you see it when you followed her outside?" He cut immediately.

"See what?" She defensively asked trying to kill the conversation but the lewd looking man didn't stop.

"Don't pretend not to have seen anything."

Felicia hit her palms on the table's surface. "Binto I did not see anything." She lied.

"Okay ooooo. You didn't see our boss drive out with a man. No problem continue deceiving yourself," the man said. He made an annoying sound with the bubble gum he clicked in his mouth and walked away with a funny gait aimed at making her angry the more.

"What an annoying fellow," Felicia muttered under her breath.

"Yes oooo my darling Richard, I cannot wait to let you have me this afternoon," she said leaning forward and kissing him on the temple.

And immediately they drove off.

Felicia shook her head sadly from the place she had hid while watching her boss.
"So, what they said about her is true?" She wondered.
 "No it can't be. I cannot judge her by this alone. I wish, I just wish that I heard what they were saying."

She bit her fore-finger lightly. Rising up from the side of the trash-can she had hid herself. She watched the car speed into the expressway and off they went uptown.

She walked into the shop and she suspected that some people were really gossiping about something they didn't want her to hear. She ignored all of them and walked straight to her own position.

Someone from the men's haircut section, a frail funny looking guy that had a feminine feature walked towards her. He stopped at the counter that bridges the customers.

"Didn't I tell you?" He asked warily.

"Tell me what?" She replied curtly.

"About our madam. Didn't you see it when you followed her outside?" He cut immediately.

"See what?" She defensively asked trying to kill the conversation but the lewd looking man didn't stop.

"Don't pretend not to have seen anything."

Felicia hit her palms on the table's surface. "Binto I did not see anything." She lied.

"Okay ooooo. You didn't see our boss drive out with a man. No problem continue deceiving yourself," the man said. He made an annoying sound with the bubble gum he clicked in his mouth and walked away with a funny gait aimed at making her angry the more.

"What an annoying fellow," Felicia muttered under her breath.
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
Comments are welcomed!
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Oluwadabira1111: 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
What a nice story u have here pls continue patiently waiting for update.
Re: ■■ Desires ■■ (A Very Intriguing Story) by Ann2012(f): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

. / My Favourite Novels On Nairaland. / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.